• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDupont

Smash Cadet
Why can't we all just wait until the 31st when we get everything? You all are so impatient.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Here's even another way to look at it:

SSB64 had 8 starters with 4 unlockable characters. How much of the roster was unlockable? 1/3.

SSBM had 14 starters with 11 unlockable characters. How much of the roster was unlockable? 1/3 again.

SSBB has 21 starters with 13 unlockable characters (if we go by the 35 roster). How much of the roster is unlockable? 3/5. It shows Sakurai remained constant throughout all three games. 35 seems the most plausible using this math I have just calculated. We couldn't get any less, even much more because that would break the consistency Smash has set. (If you look at the calculations anyway).
8 + 4 = 12. 4 / 12 = 1 / 3 = 0.33333...
14 + 11 = 25. 11 / 25 = 0.44
21 + 13 = 34. (Automatically wrong, but I will appease you.)
21 + 14 = 35. 14 / 35 = 2 / 5 = 0.4

Mathematics. Learn to love it and--more importantly--to use it. Technically, we saw a substantial increase in the ratio of unlockable-to-total characters (10% of the total roster) between 64 and Melee. If he truly wanted to stay "consistent," Sakurai would have to make slightly more than half of the roster unlockable (in order to continue the increase in the ratio of unlockables-to-total characters). Numeracy is a wonderful thing.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .WTH? Why are you all trying to make a dumb *** pattern out of the starters and what not? Good goddess, whats the use of trying to prove something using 2 games from 6+ years ago.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
where did u find the pic of those ROBS? i think i would have seen it on the DOJO... or is it not on the DOJO?

and actually, 35 is a pretty good number.

SSB = unlockable chars = 1/3
SSBM = unlockable chars = .44

.333+.44= .773
.773/2 = 0.3865 = 38.65% = avereage % of unlockable chars.
SSBB = 35 * .3865 = 13.5275 = 14 chars. 21+14= 35.

So, it adds up. But i still want some more chars tho :( .

If you feel bad about 35 chars not being too much larger than 25, think of it this way. 25 - 5 clones =20. So, like some other guy said, you have a lot more movesets. Also, a good thing about these many chars is that, if they continue the series, they won't run out of chars too soon.
If future games had 44% of the chars unlockable like in Melee, then there would be way too many chars, and they could run out or just run out of movesets.
with 44% and no chars being removed between games,:
SSBB= about 48 chars
SSB4 = about 80 chars

If you think about it, Super smash bros necessarily does not 'have' to continue. they could easily be forced to stop making them, or at least make one every 2 game generations isntead of every 1. If they even made one more SSB after Brawl, they'd have to have 80 chars. 80 is just way too many. Sure, they could include almost every game including the minor ones, but that would just take way too long. If the SSBs had about only 1/3 of the chars unlockable, SSB4 would have about 53 chars, a lot less than 80, and will speed up the development of the game alot.

But the SSE will sure be alot of fun:D and at least there are Assist Trophies. And they added the sticker system too. And the trophy stand system and game system.:)

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
Can we all admit that this roster makes very little sense for multiple reasons, even less sense than the Melee roster (R.O.B.? Four StarFox reps and not Krystal? Why is Fox the only confirmed one so far?), YET it has SOME evidence to suggest it may be true.

It's as simple as that. I hate the roster, and I don't believe it, but I'll readily admit it's the most supported leak we've found so far.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Can we all admit that this roster makes very little sense for multiple reasons, even less sense than the Melee roster (R.O.B.? Four StarFox reps and not Krystal? Why is Fox the only confirmed one so far?), YET it has SOME evidence to suggest it may be true.

It's as simple as that. I hate the roster, and I don't believe it, but I'll readily admit it's the most supported leak we've found so far.
Say it with me folks...

ONLY 3 STAR FOX REPS.

Revven

FrankerZ
8 + 4 = 12. 4 / 12 = 1 / 3 = 0.33333...
14 + 11 = 25. 11 / 25 = 0.44
21 + 13 = 34. (Automatically wrong, but I will appease you.)
21 + 14 = 35. 14 / 35 = 2 / 5 = 0.4

Mathematics. Learn to love it and--more importantly--to use it. Technically, we saw a substantial increase in the ratio of unlockable-to-total characters (10% of the total roster) between 64 and Melee. If he truly wanted to stay "consistent," Sakurai would have to make slightly more than half of the roster unlockable (in order to continue the increase in the ratio of unlockables-to-total characters). Numeracy is a wonderful thing.
I'm not good at math (Algebra is where it is at for me). And, yeah, I wasn't really doing the math right for SSBB and Melee, but I did SSB's right so I'm happy about that! :D

God you people are thick.

3 God**** Star Fox reps. THREE. Not four. ROB is not a Star Fox character. ROB64 is. And he is not in Brawl.

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
God you people are thick.

3 God**** Star Fox reps. THREE. Not four. ROB is not a Star Fox character. ROB64 is. And he is not in Brawl.
Last I had heard, it was supposedly ROB64. So, apparently, I am misinformed. While you are an *******. One who also has bad punctuation and an inferiority complex, judging by your need to correct people.

Say it with me folks...

ONLY 3 STAR FOX REPS.
See above. All except for the punctuation.

Card

Smash Lord
This should have been done a LONG time ago.

Feel free to use it in the First Post ShortFuse...

btw...

Capt. Falcons position debunks the mock-up roster doesn't it?
(Although Capt. Falcon and Capt. Olimar are sort of interchangeable... seems to go against what was originally said)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
lol. how'd i know it would be you Card who would be the first to call out a flaw. yeah falcon is wrong. but he is interchangeable and luigi marth and ness are all right. if you remember the other roster the bottom row was different order too. i'm not surprised if there was a mistake it'd be in the bottom row. if only i wasn't on my phone and away from my computer right now. if it wasn't for the other three being perfect and falcon being interchangeable it would kill the theory

btw i was right-on about the sliding thing

No-Really-I-Suck

Smash Apprentice
dude, I was on here last night and there was no freakin GW on your little mock up - you just keep adding characters as they come up -

this is all a sham

way lame

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I heard Ganon is a clone but Falco has 2 guns and I have yet to hear his status along with WW Link/ Wolf:ohwell:

But "in your face!" to ROB haters/ 35 roster haters. . .. .
So? Diddy has 2 pop guns in his SSE vid, Falco is a clone, accept it already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom