• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I know, but because he may be a bigger, stronger playable version of R.O.B that may be why his eyes are different.
*shrug* Ok, I guess. Anything's possible. Just seems like overspeculation.

Although that would be a nice surprise.

Link: "What's the secret to beating T.A.M., Mario?!"

Mario: "WATER! LOTS-a OF IT!"

madleviathan

Smash Apprentice

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well, the 2Chan video is pretty much proved a hoax now, thanks to their incredibly well thought out 3rd video.

Would that be added to the debunking section? Because surely it shakes the argument to know the layout in the video might not be real.

Boofer

Smash Ace
This is a bit random, but I'd rather have Lyn as a playable over Marth's return. I think she would better for aesthetic reasons. Marth and Ike look a bit similar, and I think we could have used more females. Though, I'm sure they'd have to give her an alteration of Marth's moveset because she's not really a fencer, I don't think.

Then again, I'm not much of a FE fan, so I'm not sure how relevant she is to the franchise as a whole.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Even if Ridley's out it still boggles my mind that we have three space animals and one Metroid rep on this list. Hell I'd even take Dark Samus at this point.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
All I know is that she had a majorish role in the first localised FE game, while Marth has appeared in the first NES game and the first SNES game, so he's pretty important to the series.

Micaiah FTW!

Up until nowwwww...... /mystery

EDIT: Yeah, Falco and Wolf are too similar, cool anti-hero style anthros... You'd think they'd include Krystal- Nah. I give up. I can't keep arguing against the 35 roster :p someone will come up with the same point we've heard 1,000,000 times before.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
*New update* It seems the picture and the video aren't completely confirmed and in fact was not uploaded by Ikki/queensaki
I'm getting tired of my own theory. I don't know. Some people have considered it near fact. I don't know if I'm just disappointed with the whole thing but I honestly feel like investigating in finding a way of disconfirming this whole thing and getting it done with. I kinda wanted more/different characters.

This started out on the "Japanese Everything" thread and people agreed. It later was heavily disputed by some and it really needs a new thread.

Here's the basic theory, starting from way back when. The theory starts off with, all characters are no longer jumbled as you unlocked them or have ? marks. They're slid in. There's a preset character icon order.

Here it's:
Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy, Pit, Metaknight, Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Sonic, Bowser

Now to Whobby

Mario, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy, Metaknight, Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Dedede, Bowser, Wario

Which leads us to:
Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Fox, Pikachu, Diddy, Pit, Metaknight, Ike, Peach, Yoshi, Sonic/Dedede, Bowser, Wario

We don't know if Sonic of Dedede comes first because they were both removed at the same time.

On the 21st at 12PM, this MOCK UP image was posted on GameFAQs showing what the correct order would be on the final roster:

There is disagreement saying the Rob picture in the mock up would be from Star Fox not the NES accessory.

All the character orders are in correct, that we know so far. Also, it says Dedede comes before Sonic.

12 hours later, this image came up on 2chan

And now this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxrQiCz4_o

The above mock up correctly positioned:
  • Zelda between Diddy and Pit
  • Ice Climbers before Dedede.
  • Olimar after Wario
  • Lucas as last of the Dojo confirmed players.
Also, on top of this, it's exactly 35 characters and all characters conform to Nyasenya and the NeoGaf member's predictions. Also, the characters are all aligned vertically with other characters from their franchise.

There was a big dispute on the other thread saying all the above could have easily been falsified and the rest as "lucky guesses". I see this as another Dragoon prophecy (on another note, this roster doesn't conflict with the Dragoon prophet) and I think this is pretty much the roster pending full verification of the 2Chan Image.

Debunking the theory:
I'm making this section here because I am not saying this is 100% factual truth. This is a theory and as such it can be wrong.
Here's the list:
  1. Chronobound made up this roster and had admitted it to be fake.
    False. Chronobound did compile the list of 35 characters but he didn't make the mockup. He also didn't say the list is false. He just said it as a "I called it first!" for the world to recognize he was right (if in fact this turns out to be correct).
  2. It's a theory and because it's a theory it must be false.
    False. It's a theory. Also, just because it's a theory doesn't mean it can be wrong. Theories, by definition, is something that hasn't been proven wrong (yet).
  3. The picture of fake! The who thing is so obviously fake. You can tell because...
    True. Yes the picture is a fake. You're completely right. Give yourself a pat on the back if you figured this out by yourself. Now smack yourself for not reading where it's said it's a mock up picture. The point of the mock up picture is to show what the list will probably look like.
  4. R.O.B. won't be a playable character because he's an SSE enemy.
    False. There are plenty of games where you can play as characters that are enemies or minor characters by unlocking them. For example: Some Star Wars Games (as Sith or Storm Trooper) Devil May Cry 3, Viewtiful Joe, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. There are also games were you can unlock and play as a minor NPC.
  5. This list is fake because my favorite character, <insert favorite character>, isn't on the list
    Shut up.
WOLF?
G&W???
LUCARIO?????
YOUNG LINK?????????????
R.O.B.???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Wtf?
You placed only the characters you like.
Wolf has some chanches although he's not confirmed.
Game and Watch too.
Lucario has smaller chanches.
But cmon, WW Link?
Please, there will be NO CLONES in Brawl, why dont we put Sheik and Zamus in the roster, there will be 37 characters.
WW Link has the smallest chanches, only if there will be clones he will be confirmed.
And R.O.B.
First, whan i saw this, I thought "This will sure not be the roster". He's just a toy, with no fighting abilities, he isn't even in a game. Wat is he gonna do? Shoot some CD's and say two-three words? He will be slower as Bowser brcause he's a robot, he can't move too fast. He will never be in Brawl. Even Sauron from Lord of the Rings has bigger chanches.
WHy dont we put a Nes in game with the moveset:
B- Disk Shot
Side+B- Connect
Up+B- Controller Uppercut
Down+B- NES Spin

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
WOLF?
G&W???
LUCARIO?????
YOUNG LINK?????????????
Wtf?
Game and Watch too.
But cmon, WW Link?
Please, there will be NO CLONES in Brawl, why dont we put Sheik and Zamus in the roster, there will be 37 characters.
WW Link has the smallest chanches, only if there will be clones he will be confirmed.
And R.O.B.
First, whan i saw this, I thought "This will sure not be the roster". He's just a toy, with no fighting abilities, he isn't even in a game. Wat is he gonna do? Shoot some CD's and say two-three words? He will be slower as Bowser brcause he's a robot, he can't move too fast. He will never be in Brawl. Even Sauron from Lord of the Rings has bigger chanches.
B- Disk Shot
Side+B- Connect
Down+B- NES Spin
Lucario has been confirmed

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
WOLF?
G&W???
LUCARIO?????
YOUNG LINK?????????????
Wtf?
Game and Watch too.
But cmon, WW Link?
And R.O.B.
B- Disk Shot
Side+B- Connect
Down+B- NES Spin
Er... Lucario is already confirmed...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
WOLF?
G&W???
LUCARIO?????
YOUNG LINK?????????????
Wtf?
Game and Watch too.
But cmon, WW Link?
And R.O.B.
B- Disk Shot
Side+B- Connect
Down+B- NES Spin
First of all, you are either posting a bad joke, or just very very very very ignorant...

Very few people like that roster, but do your research before randomly flaming. It's composed based on information we have and has been confirmed by two reliable sources.

And as many people have said, Lucario is CONFIRMED.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Another proof ROB is not Playable:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BRXf4WVDgUw&feature=related
watch around 2:30.

All playable characters on that video, even villians such as Wario, appear presented with a letterbox under them showing their names. But, when ROB appears (@ around 2:30), there is NO letterbox showing his name, like there is no letterbox showing "Primid", or "Ancient Minister".

Conclusion: ROB is not playable. He is only a regular NPC that shoots out missiles or lasers (Check Dojo)

Add this to the debunking section, plz.

NES ROB, huh? I sure do remember having fun with my ROB which shoots missiles, lasers, and has a rocket pack on his feet.

The enemy is The R.O.B. Squad. The character is R.O.B. the Robot.

Also, at what point does being a similar character make someone a clone, even though they would probably have a different moveset?

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Lucario has been confirmed
Er... Lucario is already confirmed...
LOL at Davy Jones. Lucario is confirmed you know? XD
First of all, you are either posting a bad joke, or just very very very very ignorant...

Very few people like that roster, but do your research before randomly flaming. It's composed based on information we have and has been confirmed by two reliable sources.

And as many people have said, Lucario is CONFIRMED.
K, got it. Don't have to repeat that much (I whould like to see Lucario. Is he in Dojo?)

Another proof ROB is not Playable:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BRXf4WVDgUw&feature=related
watch around 2:30.

All playable characters on that video, even villians such as Wario, appear presented with a letterbox under them showing their names. But, when ROB appears (@ around 2:30), there is NO letterbox showing his name, like there is no letterbox showing "Primid", or "Ancient Minister".

Conclusion: ROB is not playable. He is only a regular NPC that shoots out missiles or lasers (Check Dojo)

Add this to the debunking section, plz.
Actualy, he's not even a NPC, not even an Ai.

HE DIDN'T DELAY THE FREAKING GAME TO ADD MORE CHARACTERS!!

Oh my God, why do you people keep saying that having to wait entitles you to more characters?!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
There sure as heck better be more than 35 characters!!!! Lord knows he delayed it like 5 times!!!!! If there is less than 40 I'm going to be angry at Sakurai until the day i die
You'd better be prepared to be angry at Sakurai 'till the day you die...

Personally, what's the point? It's not worth it to be that "angry" about it. The game will be amazing, tons of stages and music, a great story mode. 35 characters are more likely to be well balanced. Fans of a character that would be low-tier won't have to worry as much, because they'll all be a bit more balanced :3

Revven

FrankerZ
There sure as heck better be more than 35 characters!!!! Lord knows he delayed it like 5 times!!!!! If there is less than 40 I'm going to be angry at Sakurai until the day i die
But, it's over 42 unique move sets compared to Melee's 19 unique move sets. That is a huge improvement, if you ask me. If it were only 25 unique move sets with 35 characters, that would definitely be a major set-back. But, it isn't, because it's 42 unique move sets, and we got there without having any clones! I say that is an achievement.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PART PLEASE!

Here's even another way to look at it:

SSB64 had 8 starters with 4 unlockable characters. How much of the roster was unlockable? 1/3.

SSBM had 14 starters with 11 unlockable characters. How much of the roster was unlockable? 1/3 again.

SSBB has 21 starters with 13 unlockable characters (if we go by the 35 roster). How much of the roster is unlockable? 3/5. It shows Sakurai remained constant throughout all three games. 35 seems the most plausible using this math I have just calculated. We couldn't get any less, even much more because that would break the consistency Smash has set. (If you look at the calculations anyway).

elbryan

Smash Cadet
I can see this as being the roster, but if the leak of the starting roster is true, why doesn't zelda and shiek both show in the portrait on this 35 roster?

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
ya, they could have delayed it for things especially like the SSE. hopefully they made it so u can play on the evil's storyline, and the story casn alter. ex: in beginning u ppick kirby instead of mario. kirby gets shot at but he dodges and flies away. mario fights petey. when the stadium blows up, he cant escape or something. he gets taken to the subspace place, where the other chars meet him when they fight the ancient minister. kirby flies off and sees Pit. that would be very nice, it could take like, 10 hours at least, just to play the SSE in all modes. and when i say play dif modes, i mean u dont play the same branch of story 2 times, u always unlock/fine another storyline:) about ROB not have the name appear, that could happen later, when you actually face ROB, since in that scene they were only looking at the bomb, and anyways ROBs didnt do anything important rly. the chars who were shown names actually fought and stuff:)

Revven

FrankerZ
But, it's over 42 unique move sets compared to Melee's 19 unique move sets. That is a huge improvement, if you ask me. If it were only 25 unique move sets with 35 characters, that would definitely be a major set-back. But, it isn't, because it's 42 unique move sets, and we got there without having any clones! I say that is an achievement.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS PART PLEASE!

SSB64 had 8 starters with 4 unlockable characters. How much of the roster was unlockable? 1/3.

SSBM had 14 starters with 11 unlockable characters. How much of the roster was unlockable? 1/3 again.

SSBB has 21 starters with 13 unlockable characters (if we go by the 35 roster). How much of the roster is unlockable? 3/5. It shows Sakurai remained constant throughout all three games. 35 seems the most plausible using this math I have just calculated. We couldn't get any less, even much more because that would break the consistency Smash has set. (If you look at the calculations anyway).
Just incase anyone missed this post. ^^ (It is vital you know the last part of the post, the first part can be ignored if you feel it as insignificant).

hectichobo

Smash Ace

Look at melee and and 64.... all the cover characters are from the starting roster.... Sakurais starting roster doesnt have kirby or pkmn trainer or wario.... does that meen it isnt the real starting roster??? it seems like it.... so that would meen that he could be editing other thigns too... jus tlike the question marks... sothat would meen they mite not slide in.... amnd uhh come on... ROB???? Serriously... u must all be pretty gullible if u beleve that....:laugh:

Arteen

Smash Lord

4/(8+4)=4/12=1/3=0.33333
11/(11+14)=11/25=0.44

Revven

FrankerZ
they mite not slide in.... amnd uhh come on... ROB???? Serriously... u must all be pretty gullible if u beleve that....:laugh:
Uhh... dude seriously, do some research on this roster before saying anything stupid like you have just now. "lulz y'all r soooo gullible." There's many sources pointing to it being real.

Again, do some research before posting on something you know nothing about. It makes you look stupid, like the above post.

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
Uhh... dude seriously, do some research on this roster before saying anything stupid like you have just now. "lulz y'all r soooo gullible." There's many sources pointing to it being real.

Again, do some research before posting on something you know nothing about. It makes you look stupid, like the above post.
Shut up Falco, you don't know anymore then him or anyone else. No need for that.

Kids.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

hectichobo

Smash Ace
[/QUOTE]Again, do some research before posting on something you know nothing about. It makes you look stupid, like the above post.[/QUOTE]

K bub, we will see who is right come the 31st....

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Just incase anyone missed this post. ^^ (It is vital you know the last part of the post, the first part can be ignored if you feel it as insignificant).
However, that doesn't change the fact that the list of unlockables aren't "surprising". Sakurai even mentioned in the latest volume of Iwata Asks that he likes to create surprises. I don't think having 85% of the roster be full of veterans is much of a surprise. =O

Revven

FrankerZ
Shut up Falco, you don't know anymore then him or anyone else. No need for that.

Kids.
I was saying that he didn't know the entire story behind the roster, not that the roster is true...

Furthermore, I'm not a kid, let's just get that straight here. :p :laugh:

hectichobo

Smash Ace

Look at melee and and 64.... all the cover characters are from the starting roster.... Sakurais starting roster doesnt have kirby or pkmn trainer or wario.... does that meen it isnt the real starting roster??? it seems like it.... so that would meen that he could be editing other thigns too... jus tlike the question marks... sothat would meen they mite not slide in.... amnd uhh come on... ROB???? Serriously... u must all be pretty gullible if u beleve that....:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom