• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
of course. why would we believe that sure a shameful roster would be real?

first off, it has ROB. I don't care if you mean the one from Star Fox, because him getting in over ANY other StarFox character isn't going to happen, either. that alone means it's a load of crap...

Theres also no Ridley... he's way too important and popular to not be playable. so it's double fake...

now, change the title. take out that "it's 100% real" bull this instant.
I've said these things before so I'll just make a quick summary:

1. Franchises that appear in Smash Bros gain a popularity boost. Perhaps this is what is intended for StarFox. StarFox has WAY more viable candidates for Smash Bros. than Metroid. Who, besides Ridley, would make a good character?

2. Ridley might have been difficult to program, because of his size. Yes, I know it is a weak argument, as there are many ways around that (see Bowser), but even if they did manage to resize him, who's to say they could balance him properly.

Just because two things you like aren't in the roster doesn't make it "Double fake."

But anyway, I still think the roster isn't real. There's just something about it that feels.....wrong. ROB from Star Fox? Really? It seems a bit of a stretch to include him, especially considering Krystal's not in. Plus only 6 unlockable newcomers? That seems really odd. And Samus STILL being the only Metroid representative just doesn't seem right.
This is the main reason I believe this theory. The common point people give when they say they don't believe the theory is "I don't like it" or "It doesn't seem real." Maybe you should read ChronoBound's recount of the Melee roster leak. Everybody HATED that roster. They tried to disprove it time and time again, they disparaged the leaker, they refused to believe that such a heinous roster could be true. But it was. So instead of trying to find the tiniest flaw in the theory, you should be preparing yourselves for the roster you'll likely see for the next 5+ years.

Also... Captain Falcon is in the lineup. Just pointing that out to whoever said "This is fake."
The point is, the roster was compiled based on the posts of two reliable sources, one of whom is notorious for leaking critical info about a particular Castlevania game before launch. By saying "That's fake" you're really not saying anything at all. Sure, the mock-up roster may be fake, but it's foolish to challenge ShortFuse's logic on the matter.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I've said these things before so I'll just make a quick summary:

1. Franchises that appear in Smash Bros gain a popularity boost. Perhaps this is what is intended for StarFox. StarFox has WAY more viable candidates for Smash Bros. than Metroid. Who, besides Ridley, would make a good character?

Metroid has an equal ammount of characters. Please refer to the plethora of hunters, Rundas, Ghor, Gandrayda, and Ridley.

2. Ridley might have been difficult to program, because of his size. Yes, I know it is a weak argument, as there are many ways around that (see Bowser), but even if they did manage to resize him, who's to say they could balance him properly.

Just because two things you like aren't in the roster doesn't make it "Double fake."

Are you god **** serious? Hard to program? Mario is just as "hard" to program as Ridley. You obviously know little regarding programming.

This is the main reason I believe this theory. The common point people give when they say they don't believe the theory is "I don't like it" or "It doesn't seem real." Maybe you should read ChronoBound's recount of the Melee roster leak. Everybody HATED that roster. They tried to disprove it time and time again, they disparaged the leaker, they refused to believe that such a heinous roster could be true. But it was. So instead of trying to find the tiniest flaw in the theory, you should be preparing yourselves for the roster you'll likely see for the next 5+ years.

Melee was a rushed game that actually "sucked" compared to what it could have been.

Also... Captain Falcon is in the lineup. Just pointing that out to whoever said "This is fake."
The point is, the roster was compiled based on the posts of two reliable sources, one of whom is notorious for leaking critical info about a particular Castlevania game before launch. By saying "That's fake" you're really not saying anything at all. Sure, the mock-up roster may be fake, but it's foolish to challenge ShortFuse's logic on the matter.
If this roster is real, I will be slightly disappointed due to the lack of charcters, but some evidence is pointing towards it. I do not have complete faith in that "leak" because no fighting is show, but w/e. Only 8 and a bit days until all is revealed.

A_Sah_ Shi

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I guess you are right. I hate to believe it, but you really can't argue with most of these points. Oh well. And besides it could've been worse. At least Lucario's in, which is something to look forward to. And I guess Wolf will make a pretty cool character is he's done well. And who knows, maybe ROB will actually be pretty cool (Somehow I doubt it, but you never know, right). Just gotta get past the initial "I hate this roster" reaction and start looking at the positives.

Hypnotoad

Smash Rookie
One thing that i dont understand if this is real, is that the mario series which is very popular (cmon, its mario), LOST a rep while the star fox series, which isnt that popular in japan and imo hasnt had a good game since StarFox Adventures, gained 2 reps (if it is ROB64 and not R.O.B.). Also if it is ROB64 it doesnt fit in with the icon theory cause there will still be that open space for another icon. I'm hoping fake (cause i really want issac) but i really dont know

krynny

Smash Cadet
Bros before hoes, brother.
Krystal may not be as true a StarFox character as Wolf is, but she would certainly have a much more unique moveset with that staff. no other char has a staff. anyway, i'll keep these posts for the Krystal thread. We will all know soon enough. or not soon enough. =P

Grandeza

Smash Master
Well when melee's roster came out who would like Young Link, Pichu, Doc, Game and watch, Some guy named Marth and many other obscures..... It still turned out to be an amazing game. This will too whether this is true or not...

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Just like 2001, you fools are setting yourselves up for massive disappointment and I will laugh, laugh, laugh. History repeats itself. None of these rosters are confirmed, but I have a feeling, no matter what, people will ***** that it's too small or has too many weird characters. Something. Then people will get it and not stop playing it for five years.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Repeat:

This R.O.B cannot be the Star Fox one. That is because of the Icon setup; there is no spot for Icon 19.

No one should speak of ROB64, because he is entirely unlikely, with like zero moveset ability, and has been (relatively) deconfirmed due to the Coin Launcher update and his trophy appearing. I'm convinced this is R.O.B the accessory.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
The 35 roster is BS, true and true. Do you really think Sakurai would go out of his way and make such poor character choices? People delude themselves way too much

Krystal was Nintendo's terrifying attempt to inject sex into the world of anthropomorphic animals piloting spaceships, thus causing millions of furries to collapse into a heap of foaming joy. In other words, Krystal DOES blow. She blows beyond recognition. And, even worse, many pieces of erotic furry fanart do, indeed, depict Krystal blowing. In a way.

So, my point is, Wolf>Krystal, and apparently Sakurai agrees with me. Bye Krystal, you blue furry freak. Foxes aren't supposed to have breasts, you know.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
If this roster is real, I will be slightly disappointed due to the lack of charcters, but some evidence is pointing towards it. I do not have complete faith in that "leak" because no fighting is show, but w/e. Only 8 and a bit days until all is revealed.
1. Metroid may have an equal number of characters, but how many games in the franchise have they appeared in? Wolf and ROB64 are both recurring characters and have appeared in almost every Metroid game.

2. I know a great deal about programming. You misinterpreted my post. I said that it was not only difficult to program, but difficult to balance. Did you ever consider that the dev team tried and failed at making Ridley a character that wouldn't be over-powered/under-powered, and decided to scrap the character rather than have another ridiculously powerful character (see Kirby/Pikachu SSB64, Fox SSBM). Programming is not as simple as mapping actions to a character model and setting it loose.

3. What's your point? So Melee didn't reach it's true potential.... How does that pertain to our current situation?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
O RLY? This roster was confirmed by whom? Nintendo? Sakurai? That's a bunch of malarkey. Don't buy this for a minute. Where is all this "evidence"? People always over-exaggerate and say crap like that. There are only a handful of places for evidence: 1) The DOJO, 2) An official Nintendo announcement, 3) A Prima Guide or similar source with info. printed, or 4) Actually owning the game YOURSELF and seeing the characters before you. Some random guy spitting out selected crap and only a few screen after owning it for 24 hours...that's a real load.

Besides, a game with a roster like this isn't worth owning.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Jesus Christ.

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. RENO AND MARKSMAN HAVE BEEN PROVEN LEGIT. THIS IS THE ROSTER.

Most of us are past that. What we're trying to figure out now, is which ROB are we talking about? The answer is obviously not ROB64, seeing as how he's been deconfirmed with the Coin Launcher update, so it has to be R.O.B., which is a perfect WTF character and pays homage to Nintendo's history...

WHICH IS WHAT THIS GAME IS MEANT TO DO.
If you know so much, can you give us some pics?

T-major

Smash Champion
StarFox has WAY more viable candidates for Smash Bros. than Metroid. Who, besides Ridley, would make a good character?
well, if you want to get technical, theres Dark Samus and pretty much any of the hunters; but they don't deserve to be in. Ridley does. Ridley deserves to be in more that ANY other character at this point, no matter what franchise they're part of.

besides. as much as I don't want Krystal in Brawl, she will get in WAY before ROB will even be considered. after Krystal, comes Wolf. then Peppy or Slippy, than someone else. ROB has, and I'm being quite literal about this, NO priority at all over ANY other Starfox character. period.

of course not; but the complete lack of many deserving characters, and a ridiculously low amount of characters, does.

So instead of trying to find the tiniest flaw in the theory, you should be preparing yourselves for the roster you'll likely see for the next 5+ years.
or even better, realize that it's a load of crap, and stop posting here. :D

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think this whole thing is one big setup. Maybe all the "prophets" are working together or something. (Shortfuse? Evil?)

*evil glare*

The video seems so fake because it showed NO gameplay at all. Or at least we'd have some news or something by now.
I wanted to believe it, but I gotta say now I'm going with brilliant hoax.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
O RLY? This roster was confirmed by whom? Nintendo? Sakurai? That's a bunch of malarkey. Don't buy this for a minute. Where is all this "evidence"? People always over-exaggerate and say crap like that. There are only a handful of places for evidence: 1) The DOJO, 2) An official Nintendo announcement, 3) A Prima Guide or similar source with info. printed, or 4) Actually owning the game YOURSELF and seeing the characters before you. Some random guy spitting out selected crap and only a few screen after owning it for 24 hours...that's a real load.

Besides, with that many people working on the game (over 700), you're telling me they couldn't "figure out" how to make certain characters work? Baloney. That would make me lose a LOT of faith in Sakurai and in this game for being a good one. Yeah, we took an extra 6 months...no, not to add awesome new characters, but to add more crap that you won't care about a month after the game comes out (Trophies, Stickers, etc.). A game with a roster like this isn't worth owning.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Krystal was Nintendo's terrifying attempt to inject sex into the world of anthropomorphic animals piloting spaceships, thus causing millions of furries to collapse into a heap of foaming joy. In other words, Krystal DOES blow. She blows beyond recognition. And, even worse, many pieces of erotic furry fanart do, indeed, depict Krystal blowing. In a way.

So, my point is, Wolf>Krystal, and apparently Sakurai agrees with me. Bye Krystal, you blue furry freak. Foxes aren't supposed to have breasts, you know.
This from a guy named "Flaming Dragon Wang". Sure foxes aren't supposed to have breasts, or be blue. Neither are they supposed to pilot ships and shoot laser guns. Despite your hatred for furries, Krystal would have had a more disctint moveset than Fox from Wolf or even Falco. That is her value over Wolf or Falco. A unique weapon and thus moveset.

You'd prefer three martial arts weapon-using space animals (which there's plenty of erotic fanworks about those three too, so why don't you complain about that?) two two martial arts space animals and one staff/magic user? That just screams prejudice.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
Pictures 1, 2, and 4 look plausible, but 3 is definately shopped...The icon for Cpt. Olimar isn't the one from the dojo, and the Marth, Ness, and Capt. Falcon images are definately from Melee...Lucario is also in his PBR form, his graphics haven't been Brawl-ized...

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey uhh... guys, I've stumbled onto something (well, actually, a poster on GameFAQs posted this).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=socunai

Profile of the person who supposedly has Brawl and is the one who recorded the video. He doesn't have it uploaded, but, if you read the comment section in his profile below he says that a stor in Hong Kong was getting Brawl (the FINAL version) as a demo (ala Super Mario Galaxy) however, they got 10 copies of it and sold them. He apparently was one of those buyers and has said that he recorded some videos HOWEVER, his webcam isn't working/lacks one (don't quite know what he means).

Expect more videos later is all I can say.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
PLEASE change the title/first post. It's NOT 100% real, it's infact probably FAKE.

And to all those saying it's been confirmed, where is the proof?! This incredibly flawed video?

I just heard someone confessed about it or something, dunno where the source is though :-/

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Jesus Christ.

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. RENO AND MARKSMAN HAVE BEEN PROVEN LEGIT. THIS IS THE ROSTER.

Most of us are past that. What we're trying to figure out now, is which ROB are we talking about? The answer is obviously not ROB64, seeing as how he's been deconfirmed with the Coin Launcher update, so it has to be R.O.B., which is a perfect WTF character and pays homage to Nintendo's history...

WHICH IS WHAT THIS GAME IS MEANT TO DO.
If you know so much, can you give us some pics?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Besides, with that many people working on the game (over 700), you're telling me they couldn't "figure out" how to make certain characters work? Baloney. That would make me lose a LOT of faith in Sakurai and in this game for being a good one. Yeah, we took an extra 6 months...no, not to add awesome new characters, but to add more crap that you won't care about a month after the game comes out (Trophies, Stickers, etc.). A game with a roster like this isn't worth owning.
No, there weren't 700 people working on this game, by the way. And how can you even say something like that last line without even ever having played the game? You're obviously not a Smash fan.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
No, there weren't 700 people working on this game, by the way.
There were about 700 people working on it, but only about 100 of them were full time workers.
<.< Sakurai said that in the interview thats part of Today's update.
-DD

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
No, there weren't 700 people working on this game, by the way. And how can you even say something like that last line without even ever having played the game? You're obviously not a Smash fan.
Actually, yeah there were 700 people. Sakurai said so himself. And yeah, there is no reason for me to be a blind fan/supporter if Sakurai is going to make crappy a game that should be great. But, I am a fan, which is why I don't buy this roster for one minute. And, if it turned out to be true...no, I would cease being a Smash fan because Sakurai would not only have let me down but countless others as well.

schlepboogie

Smash Apprentice

you are awesome. Can i like, do your laundry or something. Truth hurts krystal fans.

RiptheReaper

Smash Apprentice
i already said this in another thread and will say it again.

i dont think that 35-chars rumor is true,i mean if there werent that much of Newcomers,why would Sakurai make 10(counting Zamus) starters,i do believe theres a bit more,maybe 41,but who knows really.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poel

Smash Cadet
The roster can't be real. Problems with the theory keep appearing, and no new screens/vids/anything appear to defend it. Too slow... if this "leak" was real... and thus the corroboration of the roster... we'd know by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom