• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Holy crap! You're right! (About Olimar I know but I don't know about Lucas) I'm calling shenanigans!

Smash Apprentice
more proof it's fake taken from the Team Co-op update
Erm... how does that prove it's a fake? Because the icon for Zelda in the most recent video is different?

Doesn't that logically prove it's not a fake? Wouldn't someone who went through the trouble of making a fake video realize that they had the wrong icon? In fact, they would have had to make it themselves.

The old icon didn't include Sheik because Sheik hadn't been officially announced. If this is indeed one of the (nearly) final builds, I would expect that to change.

CJay

Smash Cadet
He stated that this time he doesnt want to be hunged up on the secret chars. cause it will be spoiled by the internet anyway

what to do, what to do?

Put all of them in the starting roster exept a few and show us 2 of the unlockables (sonic, snake)
very smart. this would prove the 35 char roster is real

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm SICK of reading "ZOMG TEH ROSTER IMAGE IZ FAKE!!" to be quite honest. We're all aware, or at least most of us should be. That's what a mock-up is, like ShortFuse has said many times. It's supposed to show how the characters are supposed to be placed in the character select screen pictorially, assuming this 35-char roster is true.

...And yet I wonder how many more times this will have to be reiterated by others.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Fake.

If you look at C. Falcs picture in the roster, I found the same exact one on the first page of google images. They'll make an updated model of captain falcon. This person just took that old image and put it in the roster.
For heaven's sake can you read? It clearly says "MOCK UP" on the first post right before the 35 character roster. Those icons are just to show the order the icons will be in. Of COURSE we don't have the real icons. Some characters haven't been revealed yet.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I believe it. And I am fairly stunned.

But I mean, c'mon. Is R.O.B. really that unbelievable? I mean, for heaven's sake, Game and Watch was just a handheld device, and somehow it became a character.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
the video is fake. i'm not saying the mock up picture (duh it's fake you n00bs, it's a mock up) or the screenshot is fake.
THE VIDEO is a fake. the announcer voice was the one from melee. you can hear him at the end going "...VS LINK!" the only we i'll believe a video is real is when someone posts a clear video with them starting the game up and playing it. it's a fake video.

why are all the n00bs coming here and saying the mock up picture is fake??? IT SAYS ON THE FRONT PAGE THAT ITS A MOCK UP NOT A REAL PICTURE OF THE ACTUAL ROSTER!

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I hope to God this is not true. Where's my Krystal????

Wolf over Krystal is a no-no.

A_Sah_ Shi

Smash Rookie
I'm sure it's been said, but I think the chances of this being the final roster are slim to none. All of the new characters picture on there can be traced back to existing artwork. G&W, Marth, Falcon, and Jiggles from Melee, Wold and Falco from Star Fox Assault and/or Command (not sure exactly), Ganon from TP, and Luigi from Mario Galaxy. Lucario and ROB I'm not sure where they're from, but I'm pretty sure I've seen those shots before. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but a Cel-Shaded Link could only be done on a game with a Cel-Shaded engine, which Brawl does not have. On top of all that look at Olimar in the screenshot and on the Dojo. They're completely different in terms of pose and coloring. While I'm not saying it's impossible this is the final roster, it seems obvious the the image at least is fake. Sorry if all this has been said but I think someone just needs to put an end to this. The image is fake. End of story.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but you guys are completly f'ing ********.

How many **** times has something stupid like thing come up? HUNDREDS of roster created by profits have filtered through the SB system and now every time there is some threadbare proof that it's real, everyone bashes and flames and believes. Then it's proven false, and everyone moves onto the next profit, hoping.

You can't believe anything anymore. And anyone can believe this 'Icon Theory' is beyond me. I'm saying your wasting your time. Anything can be and will be debunked. Look at Ness, bloody hell, the number of posts with DOJO translations were just amazing when Lucas got his moves. Now look, he's in, apparently.

Can you believe anything? No. No matter how much rep. they have.

10 bloody days. We can't wait this long. We've already waited 2 years, just hold on.

Go ahead, bash this. You know it's true, we've become so desperate it's despicable.

Wilfio

Smash Rookie
I can believe the TV Image. Just not the other one, because it's a mock up. It's not suppose to be real, although I don't think anyone's actually GETTING IT.
so true. i'm not quite sure what to say, is everyone so stupid? :S

krynny

Smash Cadet
a fake? *phew* thank god. i was scared when i saw Wolf over Krystal. There is still hope for her after all.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
The ROB thing goes either way. Some say it's Rob64, some say it's R.O.B.
I don't know any more but either one of them would fit in that position.

R.O.B. would complete the Icon Theory though, so I'm leaning to him.
You should include in your first post the fact that the icons have to be arranged horizontally for the theory to be valid. The main mistake people are making is that they see a character move down a row, and think that you're changing the order, when in fact the order stays the same.

This is hilarious.

Do you actually believe that, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, this is all a hoax?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
That ROB was seen in the Coin Launcher update. Fail.
We've discussed this on the first few pages. Basically, it's not a disconfirmation. If that were true, a bunch of "Prophets" on the leak thread would have that written off. There are Kirby and Sonic as well. We don't know for sure how Trophies work

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I'm sure it's been said, but I think the chances of this being the final roster are slim to none. All of the new characters picture on there can be traced back to existing artwork. G&W, Marth, Falcon, and Jiggles from Melee, Wold and Falco from Star Fox Assault and/or Command (not sure exactly), Ganon from TP, and Luigi from Mario Galaxy. Lucario and ROB I'm not sure where they're from, but I'm pretty sure I've seen those shots before. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but a Cel-Shaded Link could only be done on a game with a Cel-Shaded engine, which Brawl does not have. On top of all that look at Olimar in the screenshot and on the Dojo. They're completely different in terms of pose and coloring. While I'm not saying it's impossible this is the final roster, it seems obvious the the image at least is fake. Sorry if all this has been said but I think someone just needs to put an end to this. The image is fake. End of story.
You are an imbecile. Hold on, let me put it in terms you might understand.

THAT ROSTER IS A MOCK UP!!!!! JUST A VISUAL AID TO HELP PEOPLE SEE THE PLACEMENT OF THE CHARACTERS!!!

Learn how to ****ing read. If you would have taken 5 more minutes to just read the **** post, you would have understood. But instead, you look at one picture, then just post a reply. Do you really think we'd be dumb enough to think this is the real roster? FAIL. You're the only idiot here.

T-major

Smash Champion
Do you actually believe that, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, this is all a hoax?
of course. why would we believe that sure a shameful roster would be real?

first off, it has ROB. I don't care if you mean the one from Star Fox, because him getting in over ANY other StarFox character isn't going to happen, either. that alone means it's a load of crap...

Theres also no Ridley... he's way too important and popular to not be playable. so it's double fake...

now, change the title. take out that "it's 100% real" bull this instant.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but a Cel-Shaded Link could only be done on a game with a Cel-Shaded engine, which Brawl does not have.
There was cell shading in SSBM. Pokefloats is a cel shaded stage. Game and Watch is a cell shaded character. Kirby with G&W power is cel shaded.

A_Sah_ Shi

Smash Rookie
MetalKnux, I'm sorry but I really think that was uncalled for. It was a mistake. I screwed up. I should've read the whole topic. Etc. I get it. You don't need to treat me like an 8-year old. I'm new here. Cut me some slack. I've only been on two other forum boards and they were swarmed with people who had **** for brains. They would believe anything. I guess I'm just used to people being stupid, and assumed the same could be said for the people on SWF. I apologize for my idiocy.

But anyway, now that I know the image was supposed to be fake, I still think the roster isn't real. There's just something about it that feels.....wrong. ROB from Star Fox? Really? It seems a bit of a stretch to include him, especially considering Krystal's not in. Plus only 6 unlockable newcomers? That seems really odd. And Samus STILL being the only Metroid representative just doesn't seem right.

Now that I know that the image wasn't supposed to be part of the "leak" I'm much more inclined to believe it, but I really hope it's wrong. I'm sure I can't be the only one who's somewhat disappointed by it. *crosses fingers* Please let it be fake.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
People say evidence for this theory is weak? That picture only VAGUELY looks like ROB64. It's not even the same color. You'll need harder evidence to debunk this theory.

EDIT: SWF acting up again. Sorry for the double post.
Eh... it is. People zoomed in and gave a full list of trophies and stickers when we got the CL update. It looked pretty clear, you should just head to that thread... though some had their doubts, it's pretty clear that's his red visor and his body fits the description.

We've discussed this on the first few pages. Basically, it's not a disconfirmation. If that were true, a bunch of "Prophets" on the leak thread would have that written off. There are Kirby and Sonic as well. We don't know for sure how Trophies work
I doubt the intelligence of those "Prophets". Point out the Kirby and Sonic ones. Basically, yeah, playable characters get trophies. But, did you ever get a Mario trophy through the lottery? Kirby? Peach?

The only trophies for characters you could get without completing the required modes were variations like Paper Mario, Mario and Yoshi and Helmetless Samus (was there a vaccum Luigi? I don't remember...) Anyway.... point is, that ROB trophy had nothing special about it to make it a variation.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
the 35 roster has to be a fake, because the pics of the characters on the character selection screen are different from those of the ones on the roster that is shown on the tv

ike for example, fake roster shows more torso

everyone prob figured out it was a fake, just somethin else to disprove it ;)

Jesus Christ.

IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED. RENO AND MARKSMAN HAVE BEEN PROVEN LEGIT. THIS IS THE ROSTER.

Most of us are past that. What we're trying to figure out now, is which ROB are we talking about? The answer is obviously not ROB64, seeing as how he's been deconfirmed with the Coin Launcher update, so it has to be R.O.B., which is a perfect WTF character and pays homage to Nintendo's history...

WHICH IS WHAT THIS GAME IS MEANT TO DO.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I hope to God this is not true. Where's my Krystal????

Wolf over Krystal is a no-no.
Bros before hoes, brother.

My god... Has ANYONE read what Youko posted earlier?! We know that those are copy and pasted pictures. That's not the freaking point.

a fake? *phew* thank god. i was scared when i saw Wolf over Krystal. There is still hope for her after all.
Look above. (I really would like to see Krystal in, but I like Wolf more.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom