• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I don't see how anyone can be mad about this. Sure, we have only 35 characters, but we also have Subspace, Stage Builder, and a plethora of other modes that can keep us occupied for a long time.
After the first year how much will you play anything but multiplayer? I'm sure that almost everyone else here would agree that they'd rather have more characters than a deep single player mode.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
If that thing's true, I have to say ROB and even Wolf feel kind of like wasted spots.
That, and I'd be hoping there'd be a couple more newcomers.

Still, though, ROB and Wolf and no Krystal?
That just goes against all of the evidence I've seen for Krystal's case so far.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
This is . . .really odd.

WHY would the Japanese take a roster order/ leak from 2 low key US posters and go through all this affort to post a pic that matchs what they said? Why would they fake a Zelda icon when we have one on the site? Why does R.O.B. "debunk" anything cause he is in SSE? He is a mass produced toy. . .Im sure there can be more than one (like PC ROB can be the Kind Koopa of ROBs).

Im sorry but this pic looks real, these 35 char people look real and the only debunking comes from "ROB?!?!?!" and "Heres PROOF my fav chars where going to be in! Krystals VA FTW!!!".

I would love to have 40+ characters but this is air tight to ME right now. . .
Yay for someone with sense.

I don't see any pictures on the DOJO where they could've faked that Zelda icon. Seems very legit to me.

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
You're assuming that Wolf has the same moveset as Fox, and that Nintendo isn't going to change Falco.

But hey, let me quote the Dojo here, talking about Bowser:
But would you agree that Nintendo is seemingly developing this game with competitive Smash at least in their thoughts? I agree with you there, I do believe there'll be changes to the old clones, but I don't think they'd completely alter a top-tier character, there'd be quite the backlash.

And I personally don't see what moveset Wolf could have different from Fox and Falco. I haven't played much of the Starfox series, but as he demonstrated anything signature, something his own and seperate from the other characters? Because this time around, Nintendo seems more interested into keeping characters/stages/etc. closer to the source material than before.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I certainly hope this thing is not true. I don't really have a problem with R.O.B., because it makes for one hell of a wtf character, but Wolf? I'd much rather have seen Krystal.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
good reply, but i have a counter argument to this lol

Before I start, I'm not saying you're points are invalid or you are wrong to think the way you do.

I would think 3rd party character would be more advertised. They would draw in more people to the franchise and Sonic and Snake were not kept as a secret for a reason. Most of the secret ones are either of no surprise or not that interesting (by comparison to what we already know from the Dojo). Think marketting
Sounds good to me, someone else that thinks there will be more than just Snake and Sonic.
If ROB NES where playable, he would complete the Icon theory. I dont' see why not. There are plenty games where you play as villians by unlocking some mode (like Devil May Cry 3 for instance)
To complete the icon theory, you could use any new franchise, such as a new third party was the first point i made suggests. its one thing to play an enemy that is similar to a PC, but its another when nes ROB is so radically different from any other PC to where it makes no sense. he really dosnt have the capability to walk/run, double jump and do aerials, and more. not to mention hes such a miniscule enemy like a pawn since they mainly just operate the bombs, and maybe drive around in groups to piss u off lol
via speculation, we don't konw. it says magic and it could be for magic users only (like Zelda and Ganondorf). This is a strong point though.
if it was like REALLY magic stuff, it would be way too restrictive, pretty much only to zelda. which the generic name magic, i see it as either special attacks, or maybe a little more specific such as mario's fireballs or pits arrows or wings.
Nothing I can dispute here. It's just a 35vs48 article. I was afraid the game going to get too many character and turn into something like Marvel vs Capcom 2
i dont necessarily think there will be 48 either, but that is a nice amount. as long as it dosnt have 8,000 like MvC2
Voice actors for other characters have returned...to voice their Assist Trophies...
thats why i said krystal isnt confirmed as a PC, but a stronger chance than wolf. afterall especially going back to ur marketing argument, another female could help the game.

i wanna look more into thia animal crossing character debacle

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
after further inspection I think this really is fake

First off the Zelda Icon Sheik takes about a thrid more space than Zelda making it look like Sheik is more important than Zelda.

Secondly the Ice Climbers icon whats up with the name?
I see a large word then a space than another large word.
if i'm correct Ice Climbers in japan are just called Ice Climber.

Thirdly Captail Olimar's pic has a Red Pikmin behind him.
the thing is it was a Blue and Yellow pikmin that were.
if you look closely you could see a faint outline around the blue pikmin that still appears inside olimar.

finally.
look at the bottom.
you see that icon that tells the difficulty?
I see a blank one
a highlighted horizontal line icon
verticle line icon
ANOTHER verticle line icon
and than a verticle and horizontal line icon

Boofer

Smash Ace
Though very similar, there are a few key differences between that list and PortraitOfRuin's (one of the leakers):

Mario | Donkey Kong | Link | Samus | Kirby | Fox | Pikachu | Marth | Mr. G&W

Luigi | Diddy Kong | Zelda | Pitt | Meta Knight | Falco | Pokemon Trainer | Ike | Solid Snake

Peach | Yoshi | Ganondorf | Ice Climbers | King Dedede | Lucario | Ness | Sonic | Bowser

Wario | WW Link | R.O.B. | Olimar | Captain Falcon | Wolf | Jigglypuff | Lucas |Random

What could this mean? Why in the hell is Bowser under Snake?

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
I would think its fake because if you notice the characters are larger in the 2chan picture than the original picture. Why would they make the pictures larger than the original picture. I would debunk it. because wouldn't you make the boxes the same size instead of decreasing the size.

for example look at mario's hand.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
i wanna look more into thia animal crossing character debacle
This would mean that, for the icon theory, G&W would fit 13 and ROB (NES) would be 19. It would also mean icons are for stages, not characters since the DS icon wouldn't have a character, nor animal crossing. Icon Theory supports AC as a character.

Wait, didn't the creator of Animal Crossing say, in an interview that there was an AC playable character?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This would mean that, for the icon theory, G&W would fit 13 and ROB (NES) would be 19. It would also mean icons are for stages, not characters since the DS icon wouldn't have a character, nor animal crossing. Icon Theory supports AC as a character.

Wait, didn't the creator of Animal Crossing say, in an interview that there was an AC playable character?
i think that interview was confirmed as fake, but i still have some other ideas i can look into about this...

as for the icon theory, why does ROB have to be 19? a third 3rd party character could be 19.

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
after further inspection I think this really is fake

finally.
look at the bottom.
you see that icon that tells the difficulty?
I see a blank one
a highlighted horizontal line icon
verticle line icon
ANOTHER verticle line icon
and than a verticle and horizontal line icon

That would probably be what you're seeing there.

Blank = Easy
Horizontal line = Normal
SSB Icon = Hard
SSB Icon with one diagonal from top right to bottom left = Very Hard
SSB Icon with "X" through the middle = INTENSE!
Pillow v. Pillow = Crazy Awesome

So their difficulty icons are correct...

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
Ugh, I really doubt this, and pray its fake.

For starters, look at the "starting roster" screenshot. That, in all honesties, looks legit to me.

But look at this supposed final roster. It has 35 characters. If we have a 25 character starting roster, and a 35 character total roster, thats less unlockables then Melee.

What?

Sakurai has personally said 100 people worked full-time on this game, with 700 people earning places in the credits. If thats the case, why make it worse then Melee?!?

And look at the polls. Sakurai added every single high-ranking character EXCEPT Ridley and Geno. I'm not a Ridley fan at all, but Metroid has had a single rep for every game. Ridley is, honestly, the only other Metroid representative besides Samus that has enough importance and the....figure to be a fighter. Lucario, a perfectly normal Fighting-type Pokemon got in, probably on sheer hype. And they won't put RIDLEY in?!

It just defies logic. Theres just no way Sakurai would call this game perfect with a smaller amount of unlockable fighters then Melee, a bizzare roster with characters that would never have gotten in if they weren't historical (I'm looking at you, ROB), and denial of characters that are so absurdly popular and so well-known to their franchises. I mean, yeah, no Megaman doesn't surprise me, but...what?!

Long story short: it makes no sense. I just can't bring myself to believe thats the final roster.

...and lack of Claus makes me hate it even more :dizzy:

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
A lot of things bugs me with that picture:

1: Zelda doesn't share it with Sheik.
2: Falco, Ness and Captain Falcon looks like Melee or Star Fox Assault.
3: R.O.B looks IRL.
4: One-colored, grey backround.
5: The "2 -minute KO fest!" Box is cut of in the bottom.
6: Bowser, Pokémon trainer and Donkey Kong instead of Koopa, P. Trainer and Donkey.
7: No random Box like in the starter picture.
8: WW-Link, which need a Cel-engine to work.
9: Different Olimar picture.
10: Olimar called "Captain Olimar".

Things that confuses me:

1: The perfect order of chars.
2: That picture of Luigi.

My guess: Good photoshoper, some luck and some good research in the character placement of the demo.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah, this roster looks real, but they could change ROB to someone else, but I wouldn't care too much anyway, because I'm not interested in other franchises who aren't already there.

I really hate this roster though, it doesn't has K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo or Knuckles... this roster really makes me sad. Instead of some good and new characters we get something like ROB and another Link who is young. Why not put in DK Jr or Baby Mario or Baby Bowser? They would be as bad as another Link.
I hate this, why are they that lazy, we (at least I) don't need the same character 2 times. Those are wasted character spots... instead of another Link and ROB they could've put in K. Rool, Ridley or Mewtwo. Then I'd love this roster, but no...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Less time devoted to more characters = more time devoted to SSE

Difficult meter is correct as spotted by wadeledge107

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
A lot of things bugs me with that picture:

1: Zelda doesn't share it with Sheik.
2: Falco, Ness and Captain Falcon looks like Melee or Star Fox Assault.
3: R.O.B looks IRL.
4: One-colored, grey backround.
5: The "2 -minute KO fest!" Box is cut of in the bottom.
6: Bowser, Pokémon trainer and Donkey Kong instead of Koopa, P. Trainer and Donkey.
7: No random Box like in the starter picture.
8: WW-Link, which need a Cel-engine to work.
9: Different Olimar picture.
10: Olimar called "Captain Olimar".

Things that confuses me:

1: The perfect order of chars.
2: That picture of Luigi.

My guess: Good photoshoper, some luck and some good research in the character placement of the demo.
That is (and has already been accepted as being) the "roster creater" flash game as said by someone on an earlier page. It's there as an example of how the "35 char roster theory" will look if it's true. The only picture that might possibly be real is the one from 2ch with the "starting roster."

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
That is (and has already been accepted as being) the "roster creater" flash game as said by someone on an earlier page. It's there as an example of how the "35 char roster theory" will look if it's true. The only picture that might possibly be real is the one from 2ch with the "starting roster."
Well, number 8 still stands, if they don't mean normal young Link.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just went to NeoGAF, and apparently they are all laughing at us for our disappointment in the roster. I don't like the elitist attitude that many of the users there exhibit.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I mean, that roater is insane, why would there be 4 SF chars, with it being Nintendos 2nd to worst game series, only beaten by DK, if you ask me.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
lol.

I love how everyone finally had the common sense to realize that ROB is completely unrealistic, so now people are trying to pass off that it's ROB from Star Fox, just so they can pretend to believe the roster on the very small chance of it being correct so that they can brag about being right for the rest of their lives.

Lucas Syndrome ftw.

Come on, people. Seriously? ROB the peripheral is actually more of a realistic idea than ROB from Star Fox. But they're both completely stupid.

And do you really think they're going to declone Falco, then ADD Wolf (who's more of a clone of Fox than Falco was to begin with), without adding a completely unique character like Krystal? Pause your fanboy feelings on Wolf for a second and think logically.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
lol.

I love how everyone finally had the common sense to realize that ROB is completely unrealistic, so now people are trying to pass off that it's ROB from Star Fox, just so they can pretend to believe the roster on the very small chance of it being correct so that they can brag about being right for the rest of their lives.

Lucas Syndrome ftw.

Come on, people. Seriously? ROB the peripheral is actually more of a realistic idea than ROB from Star Fox. But they're both completely stupid.

And do you really think they're going to declone Falco, then ADD Wolf (who's more of a clone of Fox than Falco was to begin with), without adding a completely unique character like Krystal? Pause your fanboy feelings on Wolf for a second and think logically.
I know, it's not like Melee ever used an old video game electronic as part of a roster for a LOL! fighting game! lol!
what? who's game and watch?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
ROB does seem like quite the WTF character to be.

(BTW ShortFuse, you're up already? Seems like you only slept for like 4 hours.)

Zek

Smash Ace
Guys, the comment that it's ROB 64 from Star Fox is only from that GameFAQs source. No one else pushing the 35 char roster has suggested it. I'm guessing he simply assumed that much and doesn't have any evidence. It makes infinitely more sense for it to be R.O.B.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I just went to NeoGAF, and apparently they are all laughing at us for our disappointment in the roster. I don't like the elitist attitude that many of the users there exhibit.
I don't either. . .but alot of people hear ARE acting like it's the end of the world.

I mean, it looks like the ONLY thing they can attack is ROB and the Zelda Icon not matching the one from SSE before Sheik was revealed. (Or " my fav aint in and I gotz proof they are ins!)

I don't like that my fav characters are not on the list but what can I do? Im going to love this game regardless so Falco, get ready to be one of my mains again!:p

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
ROB being an old video game peripheral is definitely not why I say he's completely unrealistic.
G&W is a very similar WTF character when you look at history.
As for him being an enemy, you get to play at the enemy in many video games. It happens...A LOT

Don't get me wrong. I "discovered" this but I'm not exactly jumping for joy at this character list.

wadeledge107

Smash Cadet
I just don't think there's enough of a, "Oh, wait...THEY'RE IN THE GAME?" thing going on here. Any one remember Melee? Do you remember asking yourself, "Mr. Game & Who now?" or the Dr. Mario shocker? There needs to be a true "WTF?!!?!?!?!111!!?!?!??/!!EVELVEN!!!!" character before I believe.

But of course, just like everything anyone on this forum says that they try to pass off as fact, that's just my opinion.

Edit: Beaten while typing.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
I'm not following this at all. We have an unofficial complete roster that someone on gamefaqs made, then we have a roster that appears to have originated from 2chan showing all the currently confirmed characters.

what does that prove? I don't see any proof that any of the characters in the gamefaqs mock up are confirmed. 35 characters seems about right, but how does this prove anything?

Kittah4

Smash Ace
A very interesting point is ROB IS the only shocker. Really, he's the only dispute and disbelief. All the other characters sound plausable. Theres no even EXPECTED wtf characters like Sukapon or Takamaru or etc.

And I still don't agree that ROB is the same level or kind of WTF that Game and Watch is. Game and Watch represented an era of Nintendos forray into games and there were a lot of units. ROB is a peripheral that worked on maybe all of two games and was close to virtual boy in terms of success.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.
It's probably just too high expectations, but a jump from 25-35 characters just doesn't... impress me. Anytime nintendo even mentioned the number of characters in the game, they made it sound like it was just going to be this ungodly amount.

Also, R.O.B doesn't quite have the place in nintendo history that GW does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom