• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Yeah, yeah I really do. Several reliable people saying it, matching exactly with what the guys who correctly guessed the Dragoon and Sonic's reveal...

...dude, I'm sorry, but this roster is real.
lol. Ok. Go ahead. I'll keep doubting like you keep believing.

2 third party? Missing No. 19? 35 characters? No Krystal? Naw, dude. That's ok.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Right, because I'm telling you the truth. If you guys saw Krystal or Geno, or whatever character you wanted on the roster, you'd be very accepting of it.

But they're not there, so you all complain about something you can't change.
No, people would not be. In a matter of fact, I suggest no one beleives this until some vids pop up.

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
lol. Ok. Go ahead. I'll keep doubting like you keep believing.

2 third party? Missing No. 19? 35 characters? No Krystal? Naw, dude. That's ok.
Okaaaaaaaaay...... you just keep believing that. :laugh:

Krystal, just like Peppy Hare and Slippy were in Melee, because of their voice actors. Some stupid icon theory that was disproven long ago. 39 characters (Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) over a 26 character lineup, 4 of which were clones. Two third-party, which is more than the zero third-party people thought the next SSB game would have years ago.

Man, you guys are going to need to call some kind of help hotline when the game is out in Japan.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Krystal could easily be an assist trophy.
Funny, because the aforementioned roster which is connected with PoR states that Krystal is playable I believe. If it doesn't, it place WOLF...AND Falco in front of Krystal.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Haha, what a polarizing affair the whole neoGAF debacle has turned out to be... I think my stance at the moment is cautiously pessimistic. I'd love a reason to bash the 35 roster over the head, but I just cant other than grasping at ROB straws.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Before I start, I'm not saying you're points are invalid or you are wrong to think the way you do.

look, seriously, there is no way this is real.

a. theres only 2 3rd party characters. while there is no confirmation of how many there will be (no one ever said 3, its an approximation), if nintendo is going to go through the trouble of aquiring the licenses for snake and sonic, theyr going to put another one or two third parties in. otherwise, they could have left both of them out and still had a full roster, and kept it nintendo only. side note: mega man is deconfirmed, capcom said themselves hes not in it. stop talking about him.
I would think 3rd party character would be more advertised. They would draw in more people to the franchise and Sonic and Snake were not kept as a secret for a reason. Most of the secret ones are either of no surprise or not that interesting (by comparison to what we already know from the Dojo). Think marketting

b. rob wont be in it. no way, no how. it cant be the nes rob as hes an enemy in the SSE, and the starfox rob makes no sense. i do not believe he has a chance of being in it. someone make a valid point as to why he should be in it, besides saying hed be a good wtf character, cause there dosnt have to be one.
If ROB NES where playable, he would complete the Icon theory. I dont' see why not. There are plenty games where you play as villians by unlocking some mode (like Devil May Cry 3 for instance)

c. there will be an animal crossing character. (look back to the sticker update)
via speculation, we don't konw. it says magic and it could be for magic users only (like Zelda and Ganondorf). This is a strong point though.

d. there will be more than 35 characters. there was 25 in melee, and theres already 12 confirmed newcomers. sure there will be a cut of two from melee, but not that many. id say like 3 or 4 tops. this means theres only 1 or 2 more characters. wrong.
Nothing I can dispute here. It's just a 35vs48 article. I was afraid the game going to get too many character and turn into something like Marvel vs Capcom 2

e. while krystal isnt confirmed, she has a very high chance of being a PC with the voice actress and all. afterall, its a higher chance than wolf.
Voice actors for other characters have returned...to voice their Assist Trophies...

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
more proof it's fake taken from the Team Co-op update
Don't know if anyone has shown this guy how stupid he is yet (I don't feel like reading 14 pages) but they didn't show Sheik because they didn't want her revealed.

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
I REALLY don't want to believe that there's only going to be two characters whose existence hasn't been confirmed / essentially confirmed yet. That'll be a bigger disappointment than any character's inclusion or exclusion.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Really, all we need is a confirmation of ONE character that's not on this list.

An obvious one. Like Krystal (Or Ridley:dizzy:). So... Japanese, get to unlocking.
**Sigh** Ridley and Krystal could very well be an AT and boss respectively (now, keep inmind that I do support both Ridley and Krystal, but I am trying to make a point). How can you believe something without any form of confirmation? Does this guy claim he doesn't have a camera, no webcam...but he did manage an inside copy of Brawl???

This...is...false...until...videos...are...shown!

Irmão Esmagador

Smash Cadet
I refuse to believe it.

Simple method to know if it's fake:
1. Get a legit screen (on character selection screen) from Whobby, or any related demo.
2. Compare the icons.
3. Post the result.

I can do it too, I'm trying to find a legit screen.

Thanks.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Funny, because the aforementioned roster which is connected with PoR states that Krystal is playable I believe. If it doesn't, it place WOLF...AND Falco in front of Krystal.
The rosters that Mark and Reno agreed on has no mention of Krystal. I'd say they're more credible then PoR.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I personally (as the original poster) would be very happy to see more than 35 characters but I don't see a flaw in this argument. I would like maybe 2-3 more characters that aren't on the list. It's become pretty "wait and see" thing.

As for the pictures being from 2chan. I don't know what's up with that. The same thing with the famitsu scans. They scan a few pages and NOTHING comes out. It wasn't until a week later we got more scans. Also, the person who took the picture of the disc and tv might not be the owner of the game. That's always a possibility

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I also recall that picture of ROB being a basic enemy in SSE. Has anyone really commented on that?

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
**Sigh** Ridley and Krystal could very well be an AT and boss respectively (now, keep inmind that I do support both Ridley and Krystal, but I am trying to make a point). How can you believe something without any form of confirmation? Does this guy claim he doesn't have a camera, no webcam...but he did manage an inside copy of Brawl???

This...is...false...until...videos...are...shown!
Now, I'm not saying you have to believe it, but EVERYONE WANTED PICS. Now we have very real looking pics, and you guys want videos? Wth.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Haha, what a polarizing affair the whole neoGAF debacle has turned out to be... I think my stance at the moment is cautiously pessimistic. I'd love a reason to bash the 35 roster over the head, but I just cant other than grasping at ROB straws.
Indeed, this whole think seems like a very tricky one to untangle... the only thing that stops it from being real is the same thing that has stopped every other roster leak so far. We haven't seen the actual game yet. If we're lucky enough not to get any more delays, this whole crisis will be sorted out and we'll finally get to see what's what.

Oh well, I'm going to be waiting with a reasonably optimistic outlook anyway, since Nintendo seems to have foolishly confirmed everyone I was worried about already. I still think it's rather unprofessional for them to reveal so many characters this early on when the roster is only like 35, but I don't know what's going on over there.

It's all false until proven real anyway, guys. Don't worry.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
19 could be ROB, yes, but which ROB it is keeps getting twisted.

I think it's Golden Sun, personally. But that's just me.

BTW, Doctor Hector would be a much better rep than ROB would.
Dear god how much I hope for Golden Sun!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I also recall that picture of ROB being a basic enemy in SSE. Has anyone really commented on that?
Yeah. First saying that since ROB is an enemy that would "automatically make this list fake" but as people have said, just because ROB is an enemy in SSE doesn't automatically mean he can't be unlocked. I would have rathered a primid but whatever.

The whole ROB thing gets tossed around. We don't really know if it's ROB from starfox or ROB the enemy...

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Now, I'm not saying you have to believe it, but EVERYONE WANTED PICS. Now we have very real looking pics, and you guys want videos? Wth.
No, these are not real pics. They could be photoshopped by using the portraints off the Dojo.

Irmão Esmagador

Smash Cadet
O.o

I refuse to believe it.

Simple method to know if it's fake:
1. Get a legit screen (on character selection screen) from Whobby, or any related demo.
2. Compare the icons.
3. Post the result.

I can do it too, I'm trying to find a legit screen.

Thanks.
Why not compare icons?
Unfortunately, my post was ignored.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
The pictures don't look insanely real to me, and I'm one of the people who openly accepts this possible roster... it's easy for anyone to fake a character select screen now. What we really need are pictures with new and old characters alike actually in the game, fighting and stuff. You know, something that would be really hard to fake otherwise?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
**DEEP GASP** Look at the way Sheik is facing! That's not froma a Dojo pic!

TwistedLullaby89

Smash Cadet
I think R.O.B. is different from other enemies in SSE, seeing as how he's a part of Nintendo's history, one that they like to bring out of the vault now and again (source: Mario Kart DS).

But my take on the whole roster is that it's false anyway. Nintendo seems to be at least partially catering to competitive Smash by regulating the balance more carefully, and if they're doing that, they wouldn't change Falco's moveset, seeing as how he was top tier in Melee. And if Falco's moveset goes untouched, then what does that leave for Wolf? Nothing, IMO.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I find agreeing with this argument is like calling the developers pathetic.
No offense, it's just... that's what it feels like to me.

It's like we're slapping ourselves in the face over an unofficial source.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Why not compare icons?
Unfortunately, my post was ignored.
We have compared them. All of the icons are fine except for Olimar Lucas and Zelda. We've never seen Olimar's and Lucas' and as for Zelda, we've never seen the Zelda icon after Sheik was revealed. That's the status.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice
The pictures don't look insanely real to me, and I'm one of the people who openly accepts this possible roster... it's easy for anyone to fake a character select screen now. What we really need are pictures with new and old characters alike actually in the game, fighting and stuff. You know, something that would be really hard to fake otherwise?
A picture of an unrevealed part of SSE would do the trick as well. and given that this guy has supposedy had the game for 8 hours now, I'm finding it increasingly hard to believe he hasn't come to a new part yet.

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
It's only so we can have Positive Proof of who's in. If they were posted on Youtube, they'd end up removed by Nintendo, and the fans who WANT to NOT be spoiled, otherwise, they'd be all like "OH NOES, I BE SPOILED! NERRRR...!" To those guys, I say SHADDAP!!!

Crushed

Smash Apprentice
they wouldn't change Falco's moveset, seeing as how he was top tier in Melee. And if Falco's moveset goes untouched, then what does that leave for Wolf? Nothing, IMO.
You're assuming that Wolf has the same moveset as Fox, and that Nintendo isn't going to change Falco.

But hey, let me quote the Dojo here, talking about Bowser:

To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they’re all going to be the same as they have been, it’ll be rough for you.

Irmão Esmagador

Smash Cadet
I absolutely agree. Pictures are so easy to create, while videos are much more difficult.

I think it's fake (until now).

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
I think some of you are being way two trusting of some people on the Internet. I really don't care how they have been right in the past, they're not necessarily right this time, and it amazes me how so many of you get in bed with them so easily. They may be right, but I don't see how them being "respected" users on some forum makes them bona fide 100% truth-mongers. People can lie.

The reason I doubt this is not because of any problems I may have with the speculated roster, more from my unwillingness to believe anyone on the Internet. Anonymity brings out the liar in anyone. If it does turn out to be real, there will be no "crow-eating" by me, since I'm just exercising reasonable doubt. Blind supporters though, should likely beware come the 31st.

All that said, if the real roster turns out similar to what is speculated on this thread...

WARNING: OPINION APPROACHING

...I'll be disappointed. Where's the variety? Three space animals with undoubtedly similar fighting styles seems wasteful for sure. And is Rob (either one) really deserving of a spot, even if just as the wtf character? At least G&W had history on his side. There are just so many better choice that could have been made. It will still be a great game.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if anyone has shown this guy how stupid he is yet (I don't feel like reading 14 pages) but they didn't show Sheik because they didn't want her revealed.
Hey notice where it says Members: 3?
and that theres a red outline around the border the Kirby and Zelda icons are on?

It's obvious that Sheik is the 3rd member of the Kirby Zelda team and ther don't need to show a pic of sheik on Zelda's icon respectivly. :)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm going to add ANOTHER set of information. Ice Climbers, I think wasn't in Jump Festa. This means Ice Climbers' position was also predicted correctly. This is interesting as well, since Ice Climber and Olimar are completely interchangable as they are part of single-character franchises.

Black/Light

Smash Master
This is . . .really odd.

WHY would the Japanese take a roster order/ leak from 2 low key US posters and go through all this affort to post a pic that matchs what they said? Why would they fake a Zelda icon when we have one on the site? Why does R.O.B. "debunk" anything cause he is in SSE? He is a mass produced toy. . .Im sure there can be more than one (like PC ROB can be the Kind Koopa of ROBs).

Im sorry but this pic looks real, these 35 char people look real and the only debunking comes from "ROB?!?!?!" and "Heres PROOF my fav chars where going to be in! Krystals VA FTW!!!".

I would love to have 40+ characters but this is air tight to ME right now. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom