• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Complete Frame Data Repository - kuroganehammer.com

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Is there a Mac friendly version of the Calculator?
There is not at this point in time. Your best bet would be to try emulating it on Wine (I believe this is a thing but idk).

Spacejam is going to develop a web based version of it so it can be used by everyone. We need to do it on web base anyway because we can't get the gravity formula to work properly in whatever program he's coding it in now.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
OK, so Yoshi's frame data says that his double jump armor can take 120 units of knockback. I'm assuming "VS Mode Knockback" will have the amount of knockback in the same amount of units?

Also, do moves with the Sakurai angle mess this up in any way? Still not completely sure what it is, but I'm pretty sure that Falcon Punch messes with the calculations, because it's labeled as 0 BKB with the Sakurai angle.

Planning on using the calculator to help with the compiled list of Yoshi DJ armor tolerance; it'll really help. One more thing though: if Yoshi's armor limit is 120 units, then I can test it and see if the calculator's calculations are accurate or not. I'm planning on putting the results here after testing it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, if the equations come straight from the game code, nevermind

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Falcon Brunch has like no knockback at 0%

To get in game units of kb you just have to put the relevant data in. The formulas come from the game code(it's what the game uses to calculate)

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Falcon Brunch has like no knockback at 0%

To get in game units of kb you just have to put the relevant data in. The formulas come from the game code(it's what the game uses to calculate)
nvm once I put in the damage, the kb looks reasonable.

Last edited:

arbustopachon

Smash Journeyman
I have a question.
The site says tha zard's nair landing lag is 22. However according to the patch note thread it is now 20.
So, which one is correct?

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to get the base knockback/knockback growth and damage for bananas and turnips? I know that item strength changes depending on character and the strength of the toss, but maybe there's some base value for these?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Is it possible to get the base knockback/knockback growth and damage for bananas and turnips? I know that item strength changes depending on character and the strength of the toss, but maybe there's some base value for these?
Banana angle 361 50/0 bkb/kbg
Turnip angle 30 25/30 bkb/kbg

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
I know it's been said but I'll say it again, thank you for going through the pain to make this guide.

On a side note, I always knew Greninja beat Shiek in overall movement, but I didn't think the difference was that massive, man that frog can move.

Silvanus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Silvanus92
What is with the Nair cancel from Falco?

Autocancel: 1-2, 43> ?

This move cancel on the Last hitbox too.

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Another question, why doesn't Meta Knight's Down+B attack have base knockback and knockback growth listed?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Another question, why doesn't Meta Knight's Down+B attack have base knockback and knockback growth listed?
For whatever reason that attack's data was never in MasterCore, and the actual attack portion of the move was hidden away in a subroutine.

It's 98/40 growth/base at a 53° angle.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
What frame does Gunner's up b hitbox come out. What frames does Gunner's up b lunar cancel (It is when Gunner can use up b near the ground and still land. I would also want to know how many frames of lag Gunner gets when using Lunar cancelling. There is a thread on the Mii Gunner boards that has a video on lunar cancelling)? Also what frame does Gunner's up b actually send Gunner upward? I'm asking all of these questions in order to figure out the window that Mii Gunner can get the up b hitbox and still lunar cancel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luigi160

Smash Cadet
The formula for training mode KB is missing a pair of parentheses. It should be:
(((((((v+bd)/10)+(((v+bd)*bd)/20))*(200/(w+100))*1.4)+18)*(g/100))+b)*r

Spacejam's calculator uses the incorrect formula.

I wrote a calculator in javascript that has the same functionality as the current version of Spacejam's calculator (although it's rather ugly). If you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested, I can post a download link later so you can try it out.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The formula for training mode KB is missing a pair of parentheses. It should be:
(((((((v+bd)/10)+(((v+bd)*bd)/20))*(200/(w+100))*1.4)+18)*(g/100))+b)*r

Spacejam's calculator uses the incorrect formula.

I wrote a calculator in javascript that has the same functionality as the current version of Spacejam's calculator (although it's rather ugly). If you (or anyone else for that matter) are interested, I can post a download link later so you can try it out.
Thanks. K~G|Spacejam K~G|Spacejam will fix this next update. If it wasn't training mode knockback I'd actually care but it's not so whatever.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Anddd I'm back. Is there any data for KBG/BKB for the physical hit of Fox's shine? I'm trying to figure out at what percent it would break Yoshi's heavy armor.

Last edited:

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
oh my KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer you can't just expect me to fix something like that. Anyways I'm probably not going to fix it for a few weeks due to uni, and by then i'm probably just going to make a web version instead.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Egg. Egg. Wait, if the equation was wrong, does that mean your DJ numbers are off?
It should be fine, I just used the equation from the wiki, and if ratio is the only variable that's off then it shouldn't matter anyway since ratio is just for special cases like crouch cancel and rage.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I tried finding this data on Kurogane's page for Dedede, but it was nowhere to be seen. So I have some data to add but questioning the inhale animation itself & finding the exact intangibility window for it:
  • Inhale's grab interruption aka breaking the command grab deals ~4% to the inhaled victim if he is hit on frame 17 (This is SUPER specific. . .).
  • Inhale's successful command grab vacuum is Intangible from frame 18-41? (frame 2-25?).
  • Successful Inhale once the suction begins is somewhere around a FAF of 42(?),
  • Inhale from frame 42- onward & during the Spit's frame 1-5 startup window deals ~5% to the inhaled victim if Dedede is hit.(?)
  • It's hard to get specific frame data for Inhale since the vacuum suction bringing them closer if they're a bit of distance from you takes extra frames. .
I have more data about Inhale in my tweet as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom