• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Competitive Character Impressions 2.0

?

• Total voters

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Opinions on Meta Knight? I just feel like Leo kind of matchup checked Japan. They don't have that good a Byleth and I don't know how good their best Metaknight is but they probably do not have one that plays like Leos. So its like he matchup checked Japan using both characters and himself as a player.

I have no idea where Metaknight stands among all the good but not top characters. Leos MK was very hype but its clear Leo is still figuring things out with the char to a certain degree. Is this another case of Japanese players losing to rushdown?

The loss to Hurt sucked but Leo looked better than his Lumirank going by the entirety of his performance.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Opinions on Meta Knight? I just feel like Leo kind of matchup checked Japan. They don't have that good a Byleth and I don't know how good their best Metaknight is but they probably do not have one that plays like Leos. So its like he matchup checked Japan using both characters and himself as a player.

I have no idea where Metaknight stands among all the good but not top characters. Leos MK was very hype but its clear Leo is still figuring things out with the char to a certain degree. Is this another case of Japanese players losing to rushdown?

The loss to Hurt sucked but Leo looked better than his Lumirank going by the entirety of his performance.
Abadango used to be their best Meta Knight by far and had the best result of any Meta Knight ever, getting 2nd at Kagaribi 8. This was back in 2022 and was the same tournament that was Miya's first ever major win. Then Abadango couldn't get those results anymore, tried playing different characters, still wasn't getting those results, and retired from Smash entirely. Now I think their best Meta Knight is Metara, who was ranked top 150 for the 2023 season on LumiRank, but unranked for the 2024.1 season.

I don't know if they were getting matchup checked by Meta Knight or not, because some of the veterans would've played against both Abadango and Metara. As for Byleth, they do have Reno and Rizeasu, who are both great players, but those two players are not as consistent as Leo is with that character.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Sumabato SP 51 (S or S+ Tier event)

1st: Asimo:ultryu:
2nd: acola:ultsteve:
3rd: Akakikusu:ulthero4:
4th: Maister:ultgnw:
5th: Yoshidora:ultyoshi:
5th: Fui:ultyoshi:
7th: Ryuoh:ultdiddy:
7th: Raru:ultluigi:
9th: Jogibu:ultfalcon:
9th: alice:ultroy::ultkazuya:
9th: Hurt:ultsnake:
9th: Snow:ultmario:
13th: MASA:ultfalco:
13th: Toriguri:ultbanjokazooie:
13th: Luminous:ultjoker:
13th: Tsuna:ultgreninja::ultroy:

I was going to say that this is the first time Ryu in Ultimate has won a major tournament (let alone a supermajor), but it turns out that :4ryu: has never won a major tournament either, so this is the first time across both Smash games that Ryu has won a major tournament.

Must be the powerup of Kusanagi's recent major tournament win in SF6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom