• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Mafia: El final

Purple

Hi guys!
It would make sense for Rockin to be the person who died via mafia if you think about it. Especially considering his strong play D2.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Something has me very, very concerned.

Before I can say anything, I need a claim from Roxy. Anyone averse to his full claim can speak up now or forever stfu.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Just deleted a massive post. Short version.

Possiblity:
Seph killed Rockin, scum killed Seph. (Gives us little info wifom on Rockin, good scum NK). OS surely should have acknowledged this - he didn't, he's tunnelling or scum. Gave him an opportunity to say we probs don't have a vig/SK in the game - he didn't. Why?

I acknowledge the possibility that OS is very, very good at scum, I also admit I rarely get town roles and as such my scum hunting may not actually be that good (thninkn' their pretty sweet, but if not I'mma great person for OS to 'team up' with). But then how can he be posting what I was about to?

Summary: If he's scum he played me like a fiddle and I should be somewhat embarrassed.

Assumption: I continue to believe he is town.

Gordito and Roxy scum team seams reasonable.

Gordito's 250 is buddy protection big time. Esp with Vrael's flip.

Vote Roxy

There won't be a hammer any time soon so I'll re-read again. Still unsure on SK situation.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 3 Vote Count
Roxy (2): Overswarm, Swiss
Overswarm (1): Roxy

Not voting: X1-12, Ronike, GorditoBoy69, Sworddancer.

It takes 4 out of 7 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Saturday, September 11 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Here’s my continuation of my X1 read:

In a general sense, the rest of the day seems like a parrot of Gheb on his part. From the Swords lynch:

Gheb’s 290 (I believe the first among many posts with Swords’ lynch in mind):

I'm opposed to lynching Roxy.

More than meta? How about that: Swords, Vrael and Clown have been scummier all game and they haven't been openly suspected by like 3/4 of the players. I have yet to see anything that's actually strikes me as scummy coming from Roxy. Even if you find something about him that *you* find scummy, you don't find it funny that everybody has that much of a problem with him that he's @L-2 already? The wagon has yielded very little information except that Vrael and Clownbot are blatant sheeps - nothing we wouldn't have found out somehow anyway.
And X1’s 304 is the first verbal suspicion (if I’m not mistaken) of Swords:

what about swords?
Gheb’s 324, going into big detail about Swords’ scumminess:

[a buncha …’s concerning swords quotes]

I can't find anything among these posts of swords (I believe that these are all) that looks like a genuine attempt to hunt scum. I see him using exaggerations to nudge null tells hard ("whaaaaaaaaat???", "lololvotepersonA", ...), his questions look completely abudant and are probably nothing more than fake activity.

All his posts are phony to the core and massively fluffed up. I don't see why he doesn't get more pressure.

Tom, I hope to see more legit posts from you.
After that, X1 had a silly little case on Seph that died, and then he posted his 343:

lets make a move

Unvote:
Vote: SwordsRbroken

other players are scummy and others are useless, he ticks both my boxes so lets go!
That smells like NOTHING but buddying the veteran.

Hey… What’s that? OH, MORE GHEB BUDDYING!!! THIS TIME ON OMG CLAIMING SUX!

My 422:

So Vrael is at L-1.

Claim?
Gheb’s 433, being a response to my claim proposal:

I really want to avoid a claim on D1 though. If you guys REALLY are dead-set on lynching Vrael then you should just do it but you can't just wagon down everybody to -2 and then hop the next person if you like the claim. We're exposing ourselves way too much to the mafia that way and it's only D1. A mislynch is not a good thing but on day 1 we really shouldn't expect something else. A claim shouldn't make all the difference on the very first day imo. Especially if a claimed power role is either exposed to the mafia or draws another power role for the rest of the game.

I'd rather lynch Swords than Vrael. But I'd rather just lynch Vrael than having him claim and then lynch somebody else. That's just awful.
And finally, we have X1, parroting with his 450:

Swords is L-4, if he gets to L-1 I would definitely hammer though. I am completely for either ones lynch, marginally more swords but vrael is closer . I agree a claim would not be a good idea though
Onto D2…

People seem to have a problem with this, but I don’t necessarily see the big issue with it.

X1’s 509:

@ SwordsRbroken and Gorditoboy: If you want to be a good townie answer this RIGHT NOW. What colour is your role in your role PM please?
It’s an innocent question, and can help to prove town, if ya listened. Most scum would probably claim green (a usual color seen in mafia)or blue (a color seen in both the lynch and the NK). And after my 510,

In the PM, the flavour and role are just bolded. No colour scheme.

Lolwut. Would've answered anyway.

@X1, what colour is your Role PM?
I don’t see how town can think I’m scum at this point. Yes, maybe useless in your opinion, but the FACT is that scum wouldn’t answer with something like no colour (until I said it of course)(oh, and btw, look past any possible WIFOM. None was intended :p).

Throughout the rest of the game, I didn’t see anything to point out from X1. He wasn’t being scummy, but he certainly wasn’t being too useful.

Ultimately, my opinion of him stands in the following question: Why is it that me and Roxy are getting votes for being useless, when X1’s NO different?

I gotta go for now, cuz I’ve gotta work on a project. I’ll be back later today to make an analysis of Ronike.

And I know the question’s gonna come up, so I’ll answer it now: I’m not doing a read on everyone at the same time cuz my brain can’t do all that at the same time. It’s weird but true. I had to focus on X1, and the interactions surrounding him.

And I’ll come back with a (hopefully) full analysis on Ronike.

X1-12

Smash Champion
been hella busy guys sorry about that, posting this at 3:30am. this is the condensed version of what I have to say full thoughts tomorrow maybe?

Gboy: give it up on me already. You are wasting time every time you mention me as scum, I've got meta that this is my town play and despite what my actions may appear they DON'T benefit scum

OS = not good. I know just after roxy saying this will lead to gboy calling me a parrot but I can definitely see connections yesterDay of OS and swords. I will post them up when I get time. more on him later

FoS: OverSwarm

just an FoS for now

#HBC | Gorf

I'm done with my case on ya X1. Get off of my d***.

I'm gonna do the same thing with everybody.

And, skim much? I am calling you useless way before calling you scummy.

Oh, and lolz at this:

I know just after roxy saying this will lead to gboy calling me a parrot but I can definitely see connections yesterDay of OS and swords.
Cuz I was thinking EXACTLY that.

But.......... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll be open to ur reasoning.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I just wanna say, the whole "I can't be scum cause I said no color!" thing is idiotic. Its entirely possible, nay PROBABLE, that one of the following happened:

1] Scum is no color too
2] You were told town has no color
3] You have an entire safe role
4] You made a good guess

So no, you arent clear.

#HBC | Gorf

1) If scum was no color, then they'd probably pick a pro town color (per se, blue or green).
2) BY WHO?
3) Fair enough.
4) Fair enough.

Basically, I get what you're saying.

My brother's using the good computer to talk to his girl -_-. I'm halfway done with my analysis on Ronike. So tomorrow morning I should have my full analysis up.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Gordito - the colour thing really isn't that useful. Imo scum got role PM's with white, bolded lettering too. It was useful to get a little pressure on whoever X1 found scummy and make him scumhunt, but nothing beyond that. The fact that Gordito keeps falling back on this as evidence as opposed to evidence of his scumhunting shows that he's trying to prove he must be town, not how he's been pro town.

@ OS - willing to lynch Gordito today and Roxy 2mo?

Ronike - Your lynch target, who?

Where u @ Dancer?

X1 - Hurry up with that OS - Swords thing. Want to see wtf you're talking about.

X1-12

Smash Champion
okies here it is, sorry about the spelling errors i'm in a hurry

Sephiroth's Masamune died tonight.

How exactly were you able to pick out which one were scum kills and which were vig kills and conveniently leave Seph out of this?
I'll be honest, and I think Swiss has already alluded to this but as soon as i saw the NK's I was almost 100% sure who killed who. the fact OS has not mentioned it makes it look like he's playing dumb which is not really that 'super pro-town' intentions I'm seeing. instead he's just leaving town with less information

A bad push with little evidence whose main point is "OS is super pro town... or IS HE?! THINK ABOUT IT!" followed by a scum slip is an easy lynch
Firstly you try to call Roxy out for a 'slip' but if thats evidence, then this is golden. You want an easy lynch. That is not what town want. town want correct lynches. Scum want easy lynches. This goes really well with the fact the the three people he said he would happily lynch were gordito, swords and roxy. the three easiest lynches probably

On the subject of slips:

I'd rather lynch you because I think you're scum and with Swords I know he's either useless town or scum, but I'd rather kill useless town than scum.
pretty self exaplanatory

With regards to him and swords. When I decide to vote swords instead of Roxy, the shift moves towards swords and we get:

No more talking about Roxy, Swords, or Gordito.

Swords is currently the lynch for ToDay;
then 12 hours later

Do we really not want to lynch Roxy?
this could be called trying to save him scummate, but nonetheless its pretty contradictary to what he said earlier. Not so pro-town.

on the contradictions subject:

It [figuring out the game set-up] may also leak out power roles. Who would have thought we have two nurses? What if there's an arsonist? If I was mafia and there was flavor talk going on, I'd NKill the first person that mentioned a role I didn't like because 9/10, they mention their own role. Flavor talk has to be handled carefully; talking about colors (too simple) or mod meta (too vague) only helps scum by creating false leads for town and worse.
What is a jack of certain trades and why are there so many nurses?
asking about nurses now even though that helps scum?

I think everyone should rethink how pro-town OS really is

Vote: Overswarm

Swiss

Smash Lord
Gboy: give it up on me already. You are wasting time every time you mention me as scum, I've got meta that this is my town play and despite what my actions may appear they DON'T benefit scum
This reeks.

Seriously, most of us here are townies, why is everyone posting such scummy BS? Town are being more useful to scum than themselves half the time.

Would like to hear OS' reasoning to everything said recently.

Unvote

Mainly as I'm not sure which lynch I want.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Roxy, Gboy, or OS gone atm, in that order, and with OS way less preffered than the other two. It's too early or coherent thought and I gotta work soon, so that's all I'll say for now.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@ OS - willing to lynch Gordito today and Roxy 2mo?
Again, I'm for Roxy's lynch toDay.

I like how X1 deliberately cut off my posts and put them out of context. I also like how he implies an "easy lynch" is a bad thing when I prefaced it with "you just let out a scum slip". That means it is an easy lynch of a scum player.

World's greatest detective.

I'm sure Roxy is scum. I want to say he and X1 are partners, but I honestly don't know if X1 is just dumb or not.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm also a bit perplexed by how many people want GBoy dead. I get that he's not the strongest player here, but there are way scummier players in the mix atm and we're getting down to the wire. Voting off someone solely because they're not a strong player is a bad move at this point, otherwise I'd push for X1 =P

Swiss

Smash Lord
Possiblity:
Seph killed Rockin, scum killed Seph. (Gives us little info wifom on Rockin, good scum NK). OS surely should have acknowledged this - he didn't, he's tunnelling or scum. Gave him an opportunity to say we probs don't have a vig/SK in the game - he didn't. Why?
This is pretty much the only thing he didn't answer that I wanted him to, curiosity more than anything. OS knows he isn't the play today.

Willing to lynch Roxy instead of Gordito. Only marginally prefer his lynch.

X1, who would you say his buddy was? You imply Roxy is town.
Not just some parts of it OS. No more selective reading please

Pot, meet kettle.

X1, do you believe your case against OS has weight? Do you admit you intentionally took phrases out of context? Would you call this tunnelling, or twisting?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'm also a bit perplexed by how many people want GBoy dead. I get that he's not the strongest player here, but there are way scummier players in the mix atm and we're getting down to the wire. Voting off someone solely because they're not a strong player is a bad move at this point, otherwise I'd push for X1 =P
Who?

Roxy and....?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Pot, meet kettle.
I'm still deliberating on that one. I have one or 2 ideas but I'm keeping them to myself for now

X1, do you believe your case against OS has weight? Do you admit you intentionally took phrases out of context? Would you call this tunnelling, or twisting?
I was not reading out of context. Infact what I said was

you try to call Roxy out for a 'slip' but if thats evidence, then this is golden
I was mainly talking about how what he thought was a slip from roxy was BS. The point I was making is that if what Roxy did was a slip then so was what OS said in that bit I quoted.

I wouldn't call it at all tunnelling, as soon as swords flipped scum I was thinking back and remember that OS was trying to not get him lynched . I could remember seeing him say 'you sure we don't want to lynch roxy?' and just thinking that if swords flipped scum then OS was probably his scumbuddy trying to save him. No-one else stood out to me as having connections with Swords.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I mean, who?

Not me, I'm town. Not Gboy, as you said. Not X1, he's just dumb. Not you.

Ronike and Roxy are the scummiest ones?
Ronike has caught my attention from time to time. I find it interesting you left out players though.

Swiss, why do you want a GBoy lynch?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm still deliberating on that one. I have one or 2 ideas but I'm keeping them to myself for now

I was not reading out of context. Infact what I said was

I was mainly talking about how what he thought was a slip from roxy was BS. The point I was making is that if what Roxy did was a slip then so was what OS said in that bit I quoted.

I wouldn't call it at all tunnelling, as soon as swords flipped scum I was thinking back and remember that OS was trying to not get him lynched . I could remember seeing him say 'you sure we don't want to lynch roxy?' and just thinking that if swords flipped scum then OS was probably his scumbuddy trying to save him. No-one else stood out to me as having connections with Swords.
I don't save my scummates. I kill them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
saying "That's not what I do when I'm scum" is not a defence, its just a WIFOM sandwich
So are most of your posts?

Regardless, I literally have killed my scummates in every game. Can you think of a REASON I would save Swords? He's a prime target, inactive, and.... what? No good to scum at all. He got caught out D1, then panicked and went inactive and ended up getting lynched. He practically dug his own grave from the start. Why would ANYONE save him?

X1-12

Smash Champion

Regardless, I literally have killed my scummates in every game. Can you think of a REASON I would save Swords? He's a prime target, inactive, and.... what? No good to scum at all. He got caught out D1, then panicked and went inactive and ended up getting lynched. He practically dug his own grave from the start. Why would ANYONE save him?
stop pouring that wine??

Ronike

Smash Ace
@os: personally, I think gbiy's color thing is mad scummy, especially since he whipped it out immediately upon gettin a bit of pressure. X1's now gotten up higher than you though, with his mad twisting case and how upon being called out on it he pretended that was his intention. Don't like that at all. Roxy's still prolly the lynch today, but x1 wouldn't be a bad alternative.

Is Swiss starting to bug anyone else? Scumwise that is. I just don't like the feel of his recent posts

X1-12

Smash Champion

but you could save swords and justify it with this? it doesn't prove anything. A reason you would save swords is so you have to kill less town to win, or just so you can bus him later when its more important.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
but you could save swords and justify it with this? it doesn't prove anything. A reason you would save swords is so you have to kill less town to win, or just so you can bus him later when its more important.
This doesn't make any sense.

Why wouldn't I just kill him immediately to stop any discussion from coming towards me?

Why would I wait and hammer? That's ridiculous for scum to do because it makes them an easy target. Scum like to hide near the middle. I'm not so bad at mafia that I'd give it away like that -_-;;

X1-12

Smash Champion
This doesn't make any sense.

Why wouldn't I just kill him immediately to stop any discussion from coming towards me?

Why would I wait and hammer? That's ridiculous for scum to do because it makes them an easy target. Scum like to hide near the middle. I'm not so bad at mafia that I'd give it away like that -_-;;
wtf, are you listening? you could just as easily do exactly what you described then say 'I'm not so bad at mafia that I'd do that'

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wtf, are you listening? you could just as easily do exactly what you described then say 'I'm not so bad at mafia that I'd do that'
But why would I put myself in that situation in the first place?

If you're asking if it's a possibility, the answer is yes. The answer is always yes. That's irrelevant.

Ask yourself "why would OS do X instead of Y"; that's how you get past wifom.

Top Bottom