• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Mafia: El final

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sorry guys, was a heck of a lot of busy today, didn't have time to post all day.

I'd say probably either roxy is scum (for reasons already explained), or gordito, for being largely useless and just repeating what was already said about me.

Vote:Roxy
Lol the hypocrisy of this post made me laugh!

Yeah no problems here for lynching this guy.

Vote: SwordsRbroken

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Vote Count
SwordsRbroken (5): Dark Pappy Charles, GorditoBoy69, X1-12, Ronike, Sephiroths Masamune
Dark Pappy Charles (2): Overswarm, Swiss
GorditoBoy69 (2): SwordsRbroken, Rockin
Swiss (1): Sworddancer.

It takes 6 out of 10 votes to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, August 31 at 11:59:59 PM ET.

Swiss

Smash Lord
:ohwell:

Where? You kinda asked what I thought of the GBoy case, unless I missed something.
"Where are you putting your flag" I wanted to know the reasoning behind your vote. I do actually blieve you when you say you missed that, it was typed in my 2la de da" way. Question is null to me now, but feel free to answer.

I'm interested in both a Roxy and Swords lynch. I don't know if either of them will flip scum, but if either of them do I'm pretty sure we can find some pretty solid connections. Certain people have been willing to skip on the lynch of one or the other in favor of the other. I'm particularly interested in Swiss' "let's lynch swords another day" statement earlier in the game; at the time, I agreed with it and thought it made sense. In retrospect, it makes way more sense to say that if swords is scum and swiss is his partner. Gives them a day wait.

Swiss, care to comment?

Meh. Probably, seemsa a bit bold. I said that to secure the Vrael lynch, people wanted the lynch, I went out of my way to push Vrael's lynch as I did believe him to be scum - why didn't you mention that as part of your situation - woulda made a lot more sense. So basically you have a situation which is either pro town or pro scum depending on my alignment. I wanted to buy the time for Vrael's lynch, I stand by that lynch and everything I said to secure it.

^Early morning - thought process is sluggish

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Let's go into the mind of Swords for a sec everybody:

Swords: *gets on smashboards* F***! These guys are getting on my wagon! What's the best and easiest thing to say right now? How about I talk about the other two popular wagons, and vote the most popular of the two! That'll work. I just hope nobody really thinks too much about this ._..

Oh, and i LOVE the way you used useless, and parroting, as the reason for not liking me. This:

is nothing but uselessness and parroting buddy.
you're just beating the same old dead horse over and over again. You are scummy for the same reasons that i am, end of story.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Meh. Probably, seemsa a bit bold. I said that to secure the Vrael lynch, people wanted the lynch, I went out of my way to push Vrael's lynch as I did believe him to be scum - why didn't you mention that as part of your situation - woulda made a lot more sense. So basically you have a situation which is either pro town or pro scum depending on my alignment. I wanted to buy the time for Vrael's lynch, I stand by that lynch and everything I said to secure it.
I can buy that I guess.

Gordito, Swords is right that you're scummy for the same reason. Why should we lynch him over you (not counting the momentum already there)?

Let's not hammer until tomorrow; I'll hammer if we are split.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@Rockin: How thoroughly did you read the thread when you replaced in?
Pretty Thorough, I believe. I havn't really been corrected or anything when I made that post or any of the following posts. I just forgot seph's reason cause it seemed so minimal.

Sorry guys, was a heck of a lot of busy today, didn't have time to post all day.

I'd say probably either roxy is scum (for reasons already explained), or gordito, for being largely useless and just repeating what was already said about me.

well go on a tell us the reason then. So far, I've yet to be convince.

I'll support a Swords lynch (though I wish Gord was giving more attention).

X1-12

Smash Champion
EBWOP:

that is @Rockin, sorry for misspelling

I probably also should have said it was referring to my role colour 'trap'

Purple

Hi guys!
Let's go into the mind of Swords for a sec everybody:

Swords: *gets on smashboards* F***! These guys are getting on my wagon! What's the best and easiest thing to say right now? How about I talk about the other two popular wagons, and vote the most popular of the two! That'll work. I just hope nobody really thinks too much about this ._..

Oh, and i LOVE the way you used useless, and parroting, as the reason for not liking me. This:

is nothing but uselessness and parroting buddy.
Gordito, -everyone- is doing the same thing, if the vote isn't on swords, it's on me, and if it's not on me, it's on you. You could say that EXACT same case for every player in this game except for Swordancer. Do you ever just think that maybe we happen to look scummy?

The thing is though, Swords aren't you identical with me and Gordito in almost every way possible? The only difference is that i actually post responses to things and answer questions given.

Speaking of which, you have yet to tell why you are -not- the play, in contrast to who is. Are people really going to ignore that?

@Overswarm - The fact that i've actually stepped up and posted, I actually have given answers to people's questions. I've even proved people wrong (in which they've decided to not admit defeat and change the guidelines). ALl of this happened in D2; you seem to be putting an awful lot of blindness to the subject of that I've answered every question and have given questions of my own, told straight up who i feel is the play and why, and Swords has still not answered questions that are on him, even at L-1.'

I'm interested in both a Roxy and Swords lynch. I don't know if either of them will flip scum, but if either of them do I'm pretty sure we can find some pretty solid connections.
Which are you more or less uncertain about the scum flip. If you aren't certain about us being scum, why are you voting either of us? Considering you're voting me, are you saying that you're uncertain of swords being scum? Then why are you not defending that case?

You seem kind of dodgy on this lynch now, instead of being confident of finding scum.

Overswarm, for starters shoudln't you unvote if you really want to hammer in situation of a split? Also I don't think you should hammer anyways, your vote is obviously biased and won't change regardless of what evidence, conversation, or questions are asked.

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm kind of interested in OS's gameplan right now, he brought up the idea of a split (i'm going off the assumption of a Roxy: SwordsRBroken split) in which he would hammer. Considering he's been, almost all yesterday and today *by mafia days*, in support of a lynch on me, we can see that's he's really directed towards me for a lynch, and pulling swords out of the bag. We've all come to an agreement that Swords is identical to gordito and I, he's the only one who doesn't see this.

I'm not entirely sure about the Goridito lynch at this moment, I'm back on that OS train, however swords is included so i'll stick here.

Purple

Hi guys!
It seems to be something everyone is either saying by plays (kill swords today, roxy tomorrow; kill roxy today, swords tomorrow; swords and gordito are the plays of the day) or by straight up saying it.

However Swiss, do you feel that all three of us are identical

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
X1-12, I consider both as role fishing and making an attempt to break the game. Role fishing cause you're asking a color of what their role is (regardless if it was innocent or not), and this part comes from me reading what you said. Breaking the game cause that's what I feel is your motive behind asking that question.

Does that make sense?

Swiss

Smash Lord
It seems to be something everyone is either saying by plays (kill swords today, roxy tomorrow; kill roxy today, swords tomorrow; swords and gordito are the plays of the day) or by straight up saying it.

However Swiss, do you feel that all three of us are identical
K less word twistin' then. I might not be here to stop u makin mad errors (scum slips amirite?) next time.

You three are not the same in my mind. Gordito lynch would be ******** - got my issues with him, which'll soon be resolved on way or another.

Roxy you've contributed more recently, does this make your lynch any less advisable? idunno

Swords is coastin' n he knows it.

Ronike

Smash Ace
@OS: Swords has been scummy and shows no signs of stepping up, even when asked direct questions. Plus he's been ignorin this thread in favor of Bioware [granted, that game just started and he's only made about ten posts there, but still]

X1-12

Smash Champion
I saw the flip was blue when the pm was white, a simple but not very good trap, why do you have such a problem with it? what loss to town is it?
Yes, I do. It seems like role fishing, and I don't like it.
Can you explain this? what do you mean? I was just asking a colour, I don't see how whatever colour they said could lead to hints about thier role

It just feels like you're trying to break the game. OS asked some innocent stuff in DBZ Mafia, and the result had the mod add more rules.

Just don't worry about the colors and worry more about scum hunting.
This doesn't actually answer the question of how is it role fishing? asking about colour is only ever going to reveal alignment, so I was alignment fishing. You could call that scumhunting yeah? This post also does not in any way answer the question I asked you, its pretty much changing the subject

X1-12, I consider both as role fishing and making an attempt to break the game. Role fishing cause you're asking a color of what their role is (regardless if it was innocent or not), and this part comes from me reading what you said. Breaking the game cause that's what I feel is your motive behind asking that question.

Does that make sense?
This still doesn't answer how ever asking colour could lead to role fishing

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@OS: Swords has been scummy and shows no signs of stepping up, even when asked direct questions. Plus he's been ignorin this thread in favor of Bioware [granted, that game just started and he's only made about ten posts there, but still]
Swords, you got until tomorrow then I hammer unless you can convince us that someone else is a lynch.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I consider anything asking about a another person's alignment or role be role fishing to me. You can call it alignment. I consider it role fishing of the sort (even if you wasn't fishing for a role, you was fishing for SOMETHING) and I don't like it.

and no, I don't count what you did 'scum hunting'.

I'm not sure how my last post is me 'changing the subject' when I pretty much explained right there my 'shift' (thats what it seems like to me how you're looking at it).

In anycase, I feel that I've thoroughly read the game up to this point (except forgetting seph's reasons for wanting to lynch Tom/me). Let me try to explain it one more time in a more simpler fashion

Role fishing (whether it's by alignment or actual role. I count both as such) is what I felt you was doing. Breaking the game is what I thought was your motive behind the role fishing (to which I told you to stop that)

If you can't understand that, then there's nothing I can do. If you felt I didn't thoroughly read it, then that's just you then.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I consider anything asking about a another person's alignment or role be role fishing to me. You can call it alignment. I consider it role fishing of the sort (even if you wasn't fishing for a role, you was fishing for SOMETHING) and I don't like it.
What? how is trying to ascertain the alignment of players anti-town? if its not why don't you like it, its pretty much the whole point of the game when you're town

I'm not sure how my last post is me 'changing the subject' when I pretty much explained right there my 'shift' (thats what it seems like to me how you're looking at it).
I asked you to explain how its role fishing and you say

It just feels like you're trying to break the game. OS asked some innocent stuff in DBZ Mafia, and the result had the mod add more rules.
Just don't worry about the colors and worry more about scum hunting.
Nothing in the above quote explains why its role fishing, which is what I asked you about, infact its because you think trying to find out alignment is the same as role fishing, which is just stupid. Role fishing can accidentally out PRs. finding out someone's alignment, whether it is through fishing or not, is always pro-town. If it works and we find scum, bingo, if we find town, we atleast have a confirmed townie

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
eh, w/e

Point is I didn't like how you did it and I'm not going to try explaining it again.

Take it as you will.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OVerswarm, if I was in Swords's shoes right now (that is, I was at L-1) Would you give me this same help?
No.

You have a furry avatar, he has a cool one.

More importantly, he's just been a bad player. You've been inherently anti-town. I lump swords in with Gordito. Useless and viable lynch target as the day winds down, but not who I gun for unless they do something scummy. You've been much scummier than most of them, and I'm not letting go just because everyone else has. I've gotten out of multiple lynches in sooooo many games as scum just by bringing attention to me early on, then stalling the Day out while defending myself, ending with a useless lynch on someone like swords or gordito because they were easy targets that no one felt bad about lynching.

Purple

Hi guys!
No.

You have a furry avatar, he has a cool one.

More importantly, he's just been a bad player. You've been inherently anti-town. I lump swords in with Gordito. Useless and viable lynch target as the day winds down, but not who I gun for unless they do something scummy. You've been much scummier than most of them, and I'm not letting go just because everyone else has. I've gotten out of multiple lynches in sooooo many games as scum just by bringing attention to me early on, then stalling the Day out while defending myself, ending with a useless lynch on someone like swords or gordito because they were easy targets that no one felt bad about lynching.
So you're saying that I'm playing just like you as scum, there I'm scum?

Swiss

Smash Lord
^ less wifom

Happy with Swords lynch. If OS doesn't hammer I will.

As much as it amazes me we're only in D2, feels like so much more has happened (or is it just long *** days?).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Roxy, repeating yourself may make others believe it is true but it doesn't budge me in the slightest. You need to tell me how you're playing pro-town or you're still my lynch choice for toDay. All I've seen you do is brush it off towards another easy target. Are you really so useless as to have an opinion only on a popular target?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
^ less wifom

Happy with Swords lynch. If OS doesn't hammer I will.

As much as it amazes me we're only in D2, feels like so much more has happened (or is it just long *** days?).
I've learned a lot from these days too.

I'm not hammering until Tomorrow, giving Swords and Roxy time to post. I'll hammer either of them if need be. I'd be down with a Gordito lynch too if it came to it, but I think he's the most likely to be town of the three. Roxy has stalled the day out long enough to where we've got nothing really to go on except inactives, so we have to hope Scum is noobing it up and hiding in inactivity.

I think Swords and Roxy could both be scum, or either, or neither. not sure. Would be pleased as punch if they both died before tomorrow though.

Purple

Hi guys!
That wouldn't happen wouldn't it OS? Considering your logic, scum won't kill useless town, so if one of us die via lynch, the other will live through the night.

So what have you learned OS? You don't seem to say much outside of talking about me.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
AORESWUFBAWEPANFS. My parents are b****ing about my scummy actions in school -__- (yep, its a bad joke, but serious at the same time). Case and point, they don't want me on the computer until they calm down. It should take a max until tomorrow night. But I'll try to come on as periodically as possible.

I'll be answering questions that are directed toward me soon. But for the only one I can remember coming up so often:

I don't think I'm useless. It's a subjective perception, my uselessness. I feel like I'm NOT scummy, or not nearly as scummy, as Swords. I don't feel that Roxy is that scummy either. Personally, it seems like there's been a huge thought that Swords, Roxy, and Gordito are the useless ones. They deserve lynching. I know it doesn't mean much to say, but by toMorrow, I'll try to change everyone's perceptions, reread everything, and share my opinions.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Alright guys, I'm throwing in an ultimatum:

No more talking about Roxy, Swords, or Gordito.

Swords is currently the lynch for ToDay; I'm going to hammer him tomorrow unless he brings some impressive play by tomorrow... and even then he might get lynched because we'll need a lynch toDay.

But let's stop wasting time. ONE of those three is scum at least, I'm sure of it, and my bet is on swords or Roxy (leaning Roxy). We'll find out soon enough.

But... I don't want our best case scenario to be lynching one of them, they flip scum, and then we start bare bones the next Day. Let's discuss other players.

Roxy, Gordito, Swords:

Since you were the targets of discussion before, feel free to bring up anyone else you think is scummy. Try to bring up at least two people if you can.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
unvote

Lol at Broken doing the EXACT same thing he did yesturDay with the Vreal lynch (popping in from no where so to make a flimsy vote on the other lynch canidate), I'm definitly fine with his lynch now.

Don't know what good waiting will do, even if he makes a case it will be hard to get enough people to bandwagon someone else on time. Oh well though, still am willing to give him a little more time I guess. Either way it's Broken or Gboy.

Also lol at the little trench war Gboy and Broken gotten into.

"No I'm less scummy."

"No I am."

"No I am!"

"NO I AM!!"

@Swiss: Right now I don't think answering that question matters anymore, cause for now my case on you isn't gonna go anywhere in the next day, and will be influenced by the next flip.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
EDWOP:

@Swiss: Right now I don't think answering that question matters anymore, cause for now my case on you isn't gonna go anywhere right now, and the next day will be influenced by the next flip.
fix in bold

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm still iffy on your motive to get me killed over Swords OS, however you explained it well enough to pull me away from it. Outside of the spiral of us three, I would call Ronike as a scummy lil guy.

Top Bottom