• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Come On Steak It Up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Basically this thread is a thread for random strategy topic and to make and accept challenges also you post your results if you have any flame posts for me save it before a mod locks it and bans us.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That, right there, is a very good taunt my friend. I might (F*** THAT, I WILL!) actually use that as my Online taunt.

Thank you!

:090:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Righto my good chum, if anybody asks, you gave me the idea, although KASR came up wit the Steak no doubt.

:090:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
i'm siggin this for online usage. i just like sayin' "i'm siggin this".
so yeah. on a serious note, doop walking rulez. implement it into your game, guys, because it could be used as a total mindgame.
for example, doop walk ftilt on someone=laughs and mindgames.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I can't believe how much noise this "doop walking" thing is making.... especially since it's not new at all lolol.

It's like if someone said that crouch-taunting was a "mindgame strategy" because they don't know if you'll Dtilt from a crouch or do something else from standing... >.>

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol, doop walking, if it starts becoming used a lot, will make this game hilarious. Can you imagine new people looking at videos of people spinning around trying to space? lmao.

Emerald CHA0S

Smash Rookie
lol, doop walk.

Does anyone here use Spin Charges out of dashes? That could be good for potential mindgames...

infomon

Smash Scientist
Does anyone here use Spin Charges out of dashes? That could be good for potential mindgames...
I disagree with Gf2tw. We were talking about SC-out-of-run recently in the side-B/down-B mechanics thread. Noone really does it, but I'm trying to incorporate it in my game more. I see two real uses:

1. offensive pressure; too often I SD out of run as mindgame, but it often can't actually follow up with the punishment because the hop is too slow.

2. edgeguarding strat. Spindash jump is great for leaping off the stage for far-away gimping, and I tend to do these by spincharging on the stage, rolling to the edge, then jumping. But that's way more telegraphed than a dash to the edge > spincharge > jump instantly by tapping c-stick up (or control-stick up if you're fast). It gives you more options and keeps the enemy on their toes longer.

And SC is almost as defensive as SD; even though you can't shield-cancel, you can VSDJ>airdodge (or VSDJ>aerial attack) for defense if they're coming with an attack.

So, yeah, SC out of run is interesting and underused.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I can't believe how much noise this "doop walking" thing is making.... especially since it's not new at all lolol.

It's like if someone said that crouch-taunting was a "mindgame strategy" because they don't know if you'll Dtilt from a crouch or do something else from standing... >.>
Heeey. I use crouch-walking as a 'mindgame strategy' sometimes.

It's way better with Falcon though, because his crouch is freaky-looking.

You can actually crouch more frequently if you walk while spamming it.

I'm saying shield = better than SD. Or don't immedeatly put up a shield. Load to half, wait for a shield, cancel, grab, PROFIT
If you wanna catch an opponent with something like a spindash combo, you're better off doing SC for the most part instead of side-B.

It's a different kind of offensive pressure than side-B cancels, with more of a damaging, 'quick-gratification' reward (spindash combo).

Also, concerning giving tips, get better at Sonic D;

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'll be honest, I don't remember the OP and don't have any idea what this thread is for, lolol :laugh:

Glad your "mindgames" are improving tho, that sounds.. good...

:093:

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Okay and for those of you who want to know the secret behind Come On Steak It Up I'll tell you but you to have PM me or same with you because I don't want this thread to be closed up by spam(so they say...).

:004:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hmm, well for a "random strategy" topic, what are some neat Spring combos / strategies? Propping ppl onto the spring with a dash attack, or just catching them by surprised as they're falling towards you, is always fun. And also spring-cancelling aerials, like Dair'ing repeatedly onto spring... but has anyone actually used much side-B / ASC off spring? What's that "aerial rave" thing that has been mentioned?

And X580's mindgames are definitely improving, sorry if I wasn't clear before. ;)

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hmm, well for a "random strategy" topic, what are some neat Spring combos / strategies? Propping ppl onto the spring with a dash attack, or just catching them by surprised as they're falling towards you, is always fun. And also spring-cancelling aerials, like Dair'ing repeatedly onto spring... but has anyone actually used much side-B / ASC off spring? What's that "aerial rave" thing that has been mentioned?

And X580's mindgames are definitely improving, sorry if I wasn't clear before. ;)
Yeah thanks but for some reason I go for power over mindgames.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I don't really get how you mean power. Mindgames I think about anticipating an attack and hoping it'll work. Power I think going for the strong attacks, which is not how it works. If power is racking up damage and attacking open spots, then it is important

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I don't really get how you mean power. Mindgames I think about anticipating an attack and hoping it'll work. Power I think going for the strong attacks, which is not how it works. If power is racking up damage and attacking open spots, then it is important
What I mean by power is use the strongest attack for a early KO.

Tenki

Smash Hero
That's cause mindgames are less important than power in winning the match.
I beg to differ :3

Assuming power includes 'speed' as well. Because otherwise, MK would be undefeatable, and noone would ever be winning 'disadvantaged' matchups.

Mindgames are important :3

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I beg to differ :3

Assuming power includes 'speed' as well. Because otherwise, MK would be undefeatable, and noone would ever be winning 'disadvantaged' matchups.

Mindgames are important :3
Power is the attributes the character has. Mindgames are what the player does with it. Both are important when playing Sonic, but that's kinda Sonic specific. For other chars it's less of that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hey X5, you might only want to post your pokeyman when your post isn't serious at all and you want to let other people (those who get this joke of course) know that.

Must... resist... temptation... to post... mah... POKEYMAN!!!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So uh...can mindgames even be considered a stat? Like power, speed, etc.

Mindgames is like its own category because it's not something you can depend on. Ike's Fsmash will always be devastating, but ASC>Shield Cancel>Grab won't always work unless properly "mindgamed".

Mind over strength?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
So uh...can mindgames even be considered a stat? Like power, speed, etc.

Mindgames is like its own category because it's not something you can depend on. Ike's Fsmash will always be devastating, but ASC>Shield Cancel>Grab won't always work unless properly "mindgamed".

Basicly what I said. It's divided in power (character tools which can be used)
and mindgames (player skill and ability to read opponent, tricking them)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Not really. Speed and power are character specific, whilst mindgames are player specific. Sure, some characters have more tools for mindgames though.
That's pretty much what I was thinking.

lol, Boxob gave permission in the SBR for more Sonics to use this. I won't spam it though, promise.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ok then <3

<3

So...is this essentially our new chatroom place where we discuss important things?

If so, I suggest changing the title to something more sneaky professional...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom