• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Come On Steak It Up"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Well, "Come on Steak It Up" kinda screams for mod attention, don't you think?
No not really but well have a vote people who likes the name keep it not I'll change it agreed also 11 votes only by one different person and you can't vote twice also first come first served for the vote.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think you know my vote.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh BTW we really don't have 20 people to decide this vote or whatever, so we're better off with just a majority... so Steak seems promising.

I bet K.I.D. is out there facepalming this Steak now.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's this.

:093*:

Minus the star.

:093:
^Win.

I pretty much already used it, but just to make it official.
I can has?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wow, look at all these one liners.

Just like the old chatroom!

Get back to your important work!

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'll ask again... does anyone have any epic spring combos? Or even, not-so-epic but interesting usages of the spring? Ways to prop ppl onto it unexpectedly, or uses for side-B's momentum-changing mechanics when it's done off a spring?

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
well, i did catch one of my friends with a dtilt to SH uair to spring to uair, but it was, stalled in a way.
and i mostly spring when I hit someone on the cliff on them. And then it turned into a dair to a fsmash infzy.
And also, i spring then dair into it over and over.(cat and tenki knows.) i'm not too sure about the side b

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well I remember messing around with ASC>FSJ>Spring, but that's old news.
I remember in that new combo vid Magnum made, if your opponent DI's a certain way, after your dash attack you lay a spring and they fall onto it.

I haven't come up with anything new yet, but I'll keep working on it...
As soon as I fricken learn to doop! (I must be ******** because I just can't do it >_< )

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Well I remember messing around with ASC>FSJ>Spring, but that's old news.
I remember in that new combo vid Magnum made, if your opponent DI's a certain way, after your dash attack you lay a spring and they fall onto it.

I haven't come up with anything new yet, but I'll keep working on it...
As soon as I fricken learn to doop! (I must be ******** because I just can't do it >_< )
no. i have some trouble with dooping, but i am starting to get it now.
but, now its pivot boosts and shield slides and grinding..man.:(

infomon

Smash Scientist
You need to be holding Attack, but not be jabbing. So SH and hold Attack, like from an Uair or Nair, but afterwards you should be free to run around while holding Attack, no jabs. Then while walking forward, tap the C-stick up-and-slightly-backwards; definitely don't hit it so backwards that you start charging an Fsmash, you should be able to just pivot yourself with the c-stick while you walk forward. It's not too hard to do sometimes, but I find it hard to do consistently. And I could only really do it one I set ZL to be Attack, so my right hand was entirely free to tap the C-stick properly.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You need to be holding Attack, but not be jabbing. So SH and hold Attack, like from an Uair or Nair, but afterwards you should be free to run around while holding Attack, no jabs.
akljdfklajdflkajdskljaf

That explains EVERYTHING. THANK YOU. I can do it now, lol. <3

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lol, this is like the old chatroom, we would spam, but then we got s*** done on the side.

I hope the mods don't catch on.

infomon

Smash Scientist
heheheh... yeah, I figured that was your problem, since when I was trying to doopwalk in our last match there, and I saw you just jabbing on the stage :laugh:

Tenki

Smash Hero
now, in the doop walking discussion forum, they are talking about stuff that i cant understand...care to help?
like pivot boosts, and pivot shielding? oh, kinda old, but grinding...
pivot boost is the reason why Sonic walks faster when he's turning.

turning = pivot

so when you use the pivot/doopwalk to turn around while walking, Sonic slides forward with some extra speed (well, technically, backwards)

when I say pivot shielding, it's using the pivot/doopwalk input to turn you around, then shield as soon as you face away. It'll make you slide forwards while facing backwards, if that makes any sense

Example:
1. You walk facing right.
---( >o_o)>
2. You use pivot walk so now you face backwards
--------<(o_o< )
3. You use shield as soon as you turn around, and you get this sliding shield
---------------.....(>_< )

lol faces

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
heheheh... yeah, I figured that was your problem, since when I was trying to doopwalk in our last match there, and I saw you just jabbing on the stage :laugh:
lol, I felt so stupid. I was like "I CAN HAS DOOP NAO PLZ??" and then you were doopin' it away... :p

Example:
1. You walk facing right.
---( >o_o)>
2. You use pivot walk so now you face backwards
--------<(o_o< )
3. You use shield as soon as you turn around, and you get this sliding shield
---------------.....(>_< )

lol faces
Too good. As soon as dNES comes back, this has to go in the OP of the Doop Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom