• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combos and advanced tactics for Sheik.

JrJet

Smash Cadet
After passing through many different mains, I've recently decided that I want to get better as Sheik.

I would like to know some different combos, techniques, and mind games.
Thanks in advance!

:phone:

:phone:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
ftilt>slap
usmash>slap
dthrow>slap
uthrow>slap
dair>dair>slap/uair

=D

edit: dash attack>slap

Ministry

Smash Ace
Backthrow fox >fully charged tipper upsmash> jab reset>upsmash>charged dsmash> edgeguard.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Move > Fair

Fair counts as a move; sometimes you get more than one [move] before Fair

Dair is the business. Nair *****. U-tilt *****. D-tilt is often a better anti-air than F-tilt (like if Falco Bair camps with SH fade away Bair for the autocancel you can counter with D-tilt better than with F-tilt; D-tilt is better vs. certain kinds of hitboxes / moves).

A good mindgame is to wiggle a salmon in front of your opponent while whispering erotic things into their ear. They'll often sidestep out of panic, allowing you a free move.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
A good mindgame is to wiggle a salmon in front of your opponent while whispering erotic things into their ear. They'll often sidestep out of panic, allowing you a free move.

this

also for shield pressure try:
slap, jab, jab, slap, jab, downsmash

(i wonder if that would actually work)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Down smash isn't good for shield pressure. The jabs are unsafe but you can sometimes get away with them anyway. Down smash can be punished easily by most characters.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
interesting. kirbykaze, could you explain why jabs aren't safe?
also, what do you use for shield pressure with sheik?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Jabs are unsafe because they can:

1) Literally just shield grab in between the jabs
2) Fail the shield grab and take the jab, but then if they hold down (and crouch cancel) then this self-corrects for them
3) Certain characters can take the jab, no hold down, but have it self-correct by getting out of stun early enough to Nair on the way down (namely floaties / other Sheik)

I don't want to give the idea that jab is always horrible and is forever an awful idea because it's unsafe because it's still a really fast move and is a good tool. But you gotta... use it carefully. It's not 2007 where you can jab every other move and only Peach / Samus crouch cancel. Now everyone uses anti-jab strats just because a lot of the strats that cover jabs cover other important stuff too.

As for what I personally use to shield pressure... I shield pressure with aerials, F-tilt, U-tilt, D-tilt, needles, jabs, and even - unthinkably - grab. Grab is really underrated vs shielding opponents. I also use a lot of movement against shielding opponents and see if they'll sweat when I run around them when they're blocking. I also sometimes just stand in front of them and see if they'll sweat by me being sort of in their space when they're blocking.

Lots of stuff. Probably stuff I'm not thinking of, too.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
hmm really interesting stuff, thanks man.

and yeah i also love to pressure someone into shield and then just grab them :) too silly

Top Bottom