• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMBOED ON ARRIVAL II - Ft Zhu, Linguini, Eggm, Stric

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLDL

Smash Hero

Video Game Tournament: Comboed On Arrival

Game:
Super Smash Brothers Melee

Date:
June 25, 2011

1407 Highway 35
Middletown, NJ 07748

(Same plaza as Shoprite/Retro Fitness Chase Bank/Petco. Lot's of parking space.)

Entry Fees:
Venue: $10.00 per person
Singles: $10.00 per player
Doubles: $10.00 per team ($5 per player)

Prize Payouts: Singles and Doubles
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Rules:

General Rules:
  • 4 Stock Matches, 7 Minute Time limit
  • All sets are best 2/3 games. Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals sets are best 3/5 games.
  • All items off.
  • If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
  • Wobbling is banned
  • Unless both players agree before a set, If you pause-reset a game, you forfeit that match. It doesn’t matter if you spiked your opponent, or if they were already dying off the top, just let the the game go to “GAME” in any tournament match.
Stage Pick Rules:
  • Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower (closest to the first) port will get to choose the first strike. You will each strike neutral stages until there is 1 stage left. The remaining stage will be played on game 1.
  • After a player wins a match, they can ban 1 stage for the set. Loser may then choose a neutral or counterpick stage for the next match.
  • PCC: If both players agree to play on a stage outside of this ruleset, you may play on that stage.
  • DMSR will be in effect. A player may not pick a stage that he/she’s already won on in a set, unless the other player agrees.
Singles Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dreamland
  • Battlefield
  • Fountain of Dreams
Singles Counterpicks:
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Neutral Stages:
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dreamland
  • Battlefield
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Counterpicks:
  • Kongo Jungle
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Cruise

Interest List:
  1. Chain-Ace
  2. StriCNYN3
  3. Eggm
  4. Nintendude
  5. Smelly Cat
  6. Shoopman
  7. NJzFinest
  8. Pyro
  9. ILM
  10. MAYNE
  11. QERB
  12. JDD6013
  13. Linguini
  14. Icer18
  15. Hamburglar

Maybe
  • Zhu
  • Nando
  • BuraiHell

LLDL

Smash Hero
Transportation:

Take NJ transit to Middletown station. Call me at
and I'll have someone come and get you.

Super Smash Brothers [N64] Singles
General Rules
  • N64 Console
  • Double Elimination.
  • All sets with the exception of the below are best-of-3.
  • Winners Semis, Losers Quarters and Losers Semis are best-of-5.
  • Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals are best-of-7.

Game Settings

• Mode: STOCK
  • Stocks: 5
  • Handicap: OFF
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Stage Select: ON
  • Damage: 100%
  • Item Switch: NONE
  • All Characters Available

Stages

Neutrals

• Congo Jungle
  • Hyrule Castle
  • Dream Land

Counterpick Stages
  • Peaches Castle
First match of all sets is selected by a 3-stage striking system with the Starter Stage List. The player closest to the first port strikes first. Players take turns striking stages from the Starter Stage List until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Set Procedure

• Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
  • Players strike stages.
  • The first match is played.
  • The loser of the previous match selects the next match's stage from the Starter

Stage and Counterpick Stage Lists.

• The winner of the previous match selects their character.
  • The loser of the previous match selects their character.
  • The next match is played.
  • Above four steps are repeated if necessary.

Eggm

Smash Hero
This is super close to metropark which is a very cheap/fast ride from NYC. I've taken metropark to NYC many times its really fast/cheap/easy. I hope to see all of NJ/NYC there and hopefully a PA car from cactus. Should be hype. CT should come too. :) Good stuff chain-ace looking forward to this.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Disadvantage to playing both games I suppose. Hope to see you next time man!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
True, but I'm bad at melee so I'd just be giving someone free money if I went. :D

......well I'm probably doing that regardless of which tourney I go to......

*needs ppl to practice with regularly*

ILM

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably show up to this, kinda early to guarantee it. Gotta get more active NJ!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah man, I'm tryin to hype that up =) Let's see what tristate's got in 64.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Probably can't attend this since I'll be leaving for North Carolina. Though if my vacation time at work doesn't get approved I'll be there.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Man, i need some Smash 64 practice so I could ****.

Is it gonna be on the Wii?

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Yea I hate how they switched the controls for no apparent reason.
I'll dust off my N64 and bring a setup if no one has one.

LLDL

Smash Hero
It'll be on 64 console. Although if two players want to play their match on a Wii, that will be available. But the default will be a N64, so nobody expect to play all of the matches on the Wii. Those players will have to switch back eventually.

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
loooooooooool
doesn't matter to me.
give me a n64 gamecube keyboard NES controller hockey puck and i'll still put in work.

stric i feel like you're gonna have a mad technical fox in '64, lol.

also, i will defeat eggm in melee bracket.
wut?

:awesome:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I used to be not terrible at 64
Might make an appearance with MDVA if this looks like it'll be decently sized, we'll see

Abate

Smash Journeyman
no outside food in the venue
one thing i must let you guys know, is that the venue sells snacks, chips, soda and candy. For this reason, when you go out for lunch, they do not want any outside food or drinks to be brought inside the venue.
**** that noise I need my arnold palmer half gallon

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm putting this tournament on hold. I chose the venue in Fords because it is only $3.00 venue per person, the big room is very spacious and it is the perfect NJ location. Tri-state can arrive by public trains or car and still be relatively close. The problem is that I didn't realize that they used their big room every Saturday and Sunday for Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments, similar to Toy Wiz. This leaves us with a smaller room, that would hold about 15 - 20 us and it would be cramped. This is all fine and dandy if I were expecting a 15 turnout, but on the chance that we get 40 people as expected, it wouldn't be an enjoyable experience for any of you.

Don't worry, I'm going to seek a new location that has equal or more credentials. Sorry for anyone who was looking forward to this date.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Should hold it even more down south ... like ... in Maryland or something ...
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom