• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, Ohio

Shiranui117

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiranui117
Anyone from Columbus, or its outlying suburbs? Post here! I'm from Powell, myself. Any other locals up for a Brawl? :chuckle:

Ralts10

Smash Rookie
i'm form powell too but i dont have wifi
and you already know who i am
if you dont then something bad will happen to you

Nope

Smash Lord
Lots of people around I know quite a few people who go to OSU. AZ, Lou, Quivo. The Jerk and Katon are in newark. There are also about 10 of us in Springfield which is 40 min from Columbus and 5-6 in Dayton who play quite a bit

Edit: Sorry if I forgot anyone

Shiranui117

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiranui117
Well, where you live?

EDIT: I'd be willing to Brawl offline, but IDK if my parents would need convincing or not, but I could work something out.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Well Wells.

I am from Worthington myself and I have been thinking of holding a small smashfest sometime early Jan.

List some days people!

Shiranui117

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiranui117
Worthington? Nice. I'll try and get a list, but it's most likely to be a lot of Saturdays. :D

QUIVO

Smash Master
I pretty much live on OSU campus.

I can have people over at my apartment to play, and I'm sure AZ can (not speaking for him though, just wait and see what he has to say).

I'm sure Lou would like to join too. Seriously though, Cbus needs to step their game up in brawl.

Watty

Smash Lord
if only u guys where talking about melee COK is in CBUS but we hate brawl

Shiranui117

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiranui117
In Michigan? Sorry, but I'm not exactly able to go very far... If only I had a license. >.<

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lets get some sorta cbus weekly smashfest going, me and Q need to up the skill level of everyone in our area and thats how it can get done.

I can bestow MD/VA knowledge on peoples.

Hence

Smash Ace
Lets get some sorta cbus weekly smashfest going, me and Q need to up the skill level of everyone in our area and thats how it can get done.

I can bestow MD/VA knowledge on peoples.
I would definitely like to see a weekly smashfest in our area. (Madison County here, Columbus is fine too.)
I've improved greatly since I saw you guys last. [Lancaster - Yyrd]
Count me in for anything in Columbus. :p

lou4222

Smash Lord
I just saw this post. Yea my quarter is a cakewalk compared to fall and I should be able to play quite a bit. People can come over and play at my place whenever and I dont mind walking or driving for smashfests. We should definitely organize some smashfests before AZs tourney so we can get better. Between AZ, Q, myself, Keist, and Jerk and Katon theres no reason we couldnt do this :)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I'll be pretty busy until the 5th of January...

So it sounds like Lou's place? Or do we want something bigger with more room?

lou4222

Smash Lord
Haha no not my place. I only have room for playing with teams or singles. Maybe we can find a plce on campus...... like a classroom or something on weekends. Or someones apartment. Im sure Q and AZ have ideas.

Hence

Smash Ace
Just a heads up to everyone in the Columbus area, Ohayocon has Smash Tournaments every year.
Sure, it's an anime convention, but there's nothing else happening. :mad:

PS: My friend Pdiamond and I are in need of people to play in the Columbus area. We're struggling to keep interest, as there isn't much of a smash community in the suburb we live in. Unfortunately, we didn't play very many friendlies at the previous tournament we attended (using my week old Zero Suit Samus XD) , even smashfests are fine! I'd really like to see Ohio have a larger smash scene. Someone needs to hold weekly or biweekly tournaments/smashfests so that everyone can improve. As you (AZ, Quivo) witnessed, Ohio probably doesn't have many exceptional players - we need something to show the mid-west who we are. If someone can find a venue, (perhaps a resturant, someone's house, anywhere really) I'm sure no one would mind a 'higher than normal' venue fee. If it indeed happens to be a resturant/business, we could make purchases there as well. Everyone wins!

If players from Ohio improve well enough, I'm sure that they will travel out of state. That's good for everyone, right? Right...?

This is just a desperate cry for help from a few players who only have each other to play. I mean, it can get pretty lonely... Q_Q

Watty

Smash Lord
Just a heads up to everyone in the Columbus area, Ohayocon has Smash Tournaments every year.
Sure, it's an anime convention, but there's nothing else happening. :mad:

PS: My friend Pdiamond and I are in need of people to play in the Columbus area. We're struggling to keep interest, as there isn't much of a smash community in the suburb we live in. Unfortunately, we didn't play very many friendlies at the previous tournament we attended (using my week old Zero Suit Samus XD) , even smashfests are fine! I'd really like to see Ohio have a larger smash scene. Someone needs to hold weekly or biweekly tournaments/smashfests so that everyone can improve. As you (AZ, Quivo) witnessed, Ohio probably doesn't have many exceptional players - we need something to show the mid-west who we are. If someone can find a venue, (perhaps a resturant, someone's house, anywhere really) I'm sure no one would mind a 'higher than normal' venue fee. If it indeed happens to be a resturant/business, we could make purchases there as well. Everyone wins!

If players from Ohio improve well enough, I'm sure that they will travel out of state. That's good for everyone, right? Right...?

This is just a desperate cry for help from a few players who only have each other to play. I mean, it can get pretty lonely... Q_Q
man you guys came a game to late. Or you didnt take smash up competetivly until brawl or werent to into melee. Bottom line is Cbus has had one of the better Melee scenes in the country. We still play but yea Brawl isnt picking up with alot of people in CBUS.

bottom line come back to melee and be happy

BlueDogChronicles

Smash Cadet
man you guys came a game to late. Or you didnt take smash up competetivly until brawl or werent to into melee. Bottom line is Cbus has had one of the better Melee scenes in the country. We still play but yea Brawl isnt picking up with alot of people in CBUS.

bottom line come back to melee and be happy
I'm really sad that I couldn't get into Melee as early as you guys did... Hell, I got into more after Brawl came out. I guess it's my fault for being young.

Shiranui117

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiranui117
If it was a fairly large smashfest or something and I could drive & bring a friend along, I might be able to. But, that'll take some time.

Nope

Smash Lord
Every once in awhile I may come up to to stay with Lou and attend one of these if you guys get them started. I like the thought of Ohio having a better community!

If it was a fairly large smashfest or something and I could drive & bring a friend along, I might be able to. But, that'll take some time.
You should come down to springfield sometime! It's only 30 min away and the next one is on the 31st. Hell Lou may even give you a ride if you ask him nicely
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209505

lou4222

Smash Lord
Please do..... that would be amazing. Hey anyone that would like to go I was thinking of possibly going to Cleveland for King Yoshiis smashfest. They said they are expecting like 15 people. Its two hours away which isnt too bad. Starts at 2ish and goes till whenever. We could all split gas money and get a great day of smash for fairly cheap against new competition.

QUIVO

Smash Master
i could probably go lou. I don't work until sunday. So as long as we get back like Saturday night, i'd be down to go

BTW, if anyone wants to play this week, you should pm or call me. I'm so open.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I was gonna call AZ tomorrow to see if he wanted to play. I get done with class at 4 30 and dont have a thingggggg to do until monday morning for class. So yea im pretty open too. If we could find a fourth it would be fun to roll some teams tomorrow because it kinda sucks with three people. But yea ill definitely give you a call tomorrow.

Hence

Smash Ace
AZ!! let's start hosting something.
Please...
The closest Smashfest is 1.5 hours away; I can't drive.
It would be amazing to play you two, and Columbus is closer than everything else would be.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
My friend Pdiamond and I are in need of people to play in the Columbus area. We're struggling to keep interest, as there isn't much of a smash community in the suburb we live in. Unfortunately, we didn't play very many friendlies at the previous tournament we attended (using my week old Zero Suit Samus XD) , even smashfests are fine! I'd really like to see Ohio have a larger smash scene. Someone needs to hold weekly or biweekly tournaments/smashfests so that everyone can improve. As you (AZ, Quivo) witnessed, Ohio probably doesn't have many exceptional players - we need something to show the mid-west who we are. If someone can find a venue, (perhaps a resturant, someone's house, anywhere really) I'm sure no one would mind a 'higher than normal' venue fee. If it indeed happens to be a resturant/business, we could make purchases there as well. Everyone wins!
Agreed, it's very hard to find people in our area that's serious about smash. Any form of weekly or biweekly smashfest that someone could set up would be greatly appreciated:)

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
UA here. I'm busy Wednesdays and Saturdays from now until March. Soap, I graduated, but you should still be able to get spaces on Campus. It may be worth setting up a student organization, because then you'll be able to do stuff like submit bills to USG to help pay for tourneys (probably not prizes; Senators tend to take a dim view of that kind of thing).

One thing that could be super worthwhile would be starting the group now in order to build cred for a charity tournament, say, next year for Child's Play. The timetable would go something like start student org now, get attention and host a fairly large tourney in the summer (possibly coordinated with Ohayocon) and pointing at those attendance numbers to justify USG contributing to a second tourney in December.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
One thing that could be super worthwhile would be starting the group now in order to build cred for a charity tournament, say, next year for Child's Play. The timetable would go something like start student org now, get attention and host a fairly large tourney in the summer (possibly coordinated with Ohayocon) and pointing at those attendance numbers to justify USG contributing to a second tourney in December.

Hmmmm...

I smell incoming win for Smash players in Central Ohio.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Double posting is bad, I know, but if nobody hosts something in the 614 area in the next month or so, I'll be forced to do it myself >:c

And I don't know how to explain it to my parents when strangers start showing up in my basement.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
if a certain date is set-up I could bring the dayton smashers (or some of them at least) down to play for a day if we had a place to stay or the time to make a c-bus dayton round trip. Also you guys are more than welcome to head down for one of our smash things during the week as well, we are wanting to eventually put together a tournament but we currently have a lack of attendees.

Top Bottom