• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

QUIVO

Smash Master
I live downstairs, I'll come as long as I don't have other plans.
Juu: I don't think I know where my Melee is.

SDM

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty new here, but I'm wondering that if there is a game, is there anyone going from OSU?

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Keep an eye on this thread, and keep an eye out for a thread that TheKiest will probably put up once he starts hosting smashfests at his place. I was hosting a lot last quarter, but I've been really busy lately.

My robot ships on the 22nd, and I really want to get in some practice before Keister's tournament. I know this is pretty far in advance, but when would people be free to play between the 23rd and 25th? Wednesday and Thursday are probably better for me, but early Friday evening would work as well.

SDM

Smash Cadet
Alright. Thanks. Are there many smashfests that occur on campus?

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Psychopenguin used to host events in the basement of mack when he and I lived on campus last year, I don't think any of the regular brawl players live on campus anymore (although I hear there are a few melee players in the towers if you're into that at all, try posting in the melee threads).

However, if you're interested in brawl, like I said, just keep an eye on this thread. I live across the river (address is in the OP), it's probably a bit too far for you to walk, but there are some nearby cota bus stops, or I'm sure somebody could give you a ride over here and back if you ask.

When Keister eventually starts hosting, it'll be even easier for you to get there, since he lives right off of high street, and the cota 2 will take you right there (or if you ask me nicely, I could take a detour through campus).

QUIVO

Smash Master
Or... if you're 21, you can meet AZ and I at The Library (the bar, not the library) on Wednesdays for mug night and billiards.

1.75 for 22ish oz beers that include honey brown, amber bock, killians, and any other beer on tap excluding blue moon.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Or... if you're 21, you can meet AZ and I at The Library (the bar, not the library) on Wednesdays for mug night and billiards.

1.75 for 22ish oz beers that include honey brown, amber bock, killians, and any other beer on tap excluding blue moon.
That sounds pretty awesome. I don't think I can make it this week, but very tempting for next.

Also SDM, I guess I may have been wrong about smash on campus, this popped up out of nowhere earlier today:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297691

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, anyone is welcome to join. It's always fun. Unfortunately AZ can never stay long since he has class at 8 am. I'm always there till close.

Ohio Smash Initiative

Smash Rookie
Ohio Smash Initiative

Hey guys I'm a representative for a new club at OSU called Ohio Smash Initiative. I was told by PsychoPenguinX to post here and see if any of you would be interested in joining forces.

Ohio Smash Initiative is a charity group that hosts Super Smash Brothers Melee AND Brawl events to raise money for terminally ill children. We plan on holding our next event at the OSU Union around mid March. It will be a double elimination Melee tournament with probably a $5 buy in (most if not ALL of this buy in money would go to the pot, we may direct a couple dollars per buy in to the charity, or just accept donations).

Check out my Columbus Smashfest thread for more information, or just post here. I've skimmed over this entire thread and I'll continue to keep an eye on it and the upcoming events taking place. I'm sure some of our members will attend some of them, and we hope to see some of you guys at our tournaments and smashfests as well!

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I'm considering hosting some smash on Saturday afternoon at my place (probably something like 4:30 until 9 or 10). Would anybody be interested/able to come?

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
I should probably be able to make it.

Also, OSI, you should REALLY make a username of your own to keep you as a person and you as a group separate.

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone planning on going to Cinci this Saturday?

Will anyone even see this? Lol.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Keister has a smashfest going today iirc at his place. It's got a thread for it a bit below this, so you might want to check it out Z.

Though, I could just text you this lol. Not sure who is going. I can't though.

QUIVO

Smash Master
So I'm thinking of maybe holding Melee/Brawl/MvC3/any game you want to bring over smashfests this fall.

I'm living in a huge duplex with ample room on E. 16th. Like, 3 stories and a basement ample. Just make sure to respect the house! It's completely remodeled and I don't want this place to get destroyed!

Anyone interested?

Right now I'm not entirely sure what my schedule looks like. I'll be going back to school and I think the only days I have classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm also getting a new job at a Japanese restaurant which will be giving me approximately 25-30 hrs a week. I told them my schedule is pretty much open, but I'd like to possibly have a set date for you guys. Just tell me what days would be good?

I don't want Cbus smash to die! Also, these will probably be biweekly. We can even hold mini 1 dollar (or pride) tournaments!

Oh and for those of us 21+... there's 4th street bar and grill right down the street from me. I think on Tuesdays they have half off on all drinks ;)

Get at me! !

P.s. depending on how large these get, I may have to ask my roommates. I'm living with the same roommate as the one on 17th ave, but his gf is living with us this time. His girlfriend is the tricky one. If anything I'm sure we could hold it in the dank/scary basement.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Sounds excellent. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing. I have a pretty amazing duplex (two huge living areas on the bottom floor alone) right around 4th and Iuka.

I don't really know how my schedule looks for autumn, we'll just have to play it by ear.

Top Bottom