• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, yesterday was pretty fun.

I was wondering if anybody would like to team at all?
I kind of just want to enter doubles for fun.
I believe there is a way to get a random partner on the day at the tournament, but if there is anybody just wanting to enter for fun let me know.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I finally got those Mayflash Gamecube controller adapters.

Overall, they can be pretty tedious to use, but if you put enough patience into them, then you can use them to play with Gamecube controllers on a Wii U as effectively as you can use those on their own on a Wii.

---

Here's some note I made while experimenting with this:

• The Gamecube controller must be plugged into the adapter on one side, while a Wiimote must be connected to it on the other side.
  • Because of this, Brawl & Project M will both register Gamecube controllers that were set up this way as Classic Controllers.
  • Gamecube = Shield/Back Shoulders, Grab/Front Shoulders. Classic = Shield/Front Shoulders, Grab/Back Shoulders. You'll have to switch around the Grab & Shield buttons with each other if you're a GCC user.
  • Home Button = Hold Start for more than 1 second. It's like holding the Pause button just to pause in Skullgirls in an Offline Vs. Match.
  • - Button = Press Start for less than 1 second.
  • + Button = Double Tap Start
  • Has a Turbo button. Hold it while pressing A,B,X,Y,L,R, or Z, then release both. Do all of that again for Autofire, and do it one more time after that to cancel both the Turbo & Autofire. Or just press the Turbo button twice.
  • IMPORTANT: If the Wii Remote is turned off, that shuts down the entire connection. When the Wiimote is turned back on, the adapter will take about 10 seconds or more to recalibrate before the GCC connected to it can be used with it, again. Don't mess with any of the analog controls (Control Stick, L & R) when this happens, or they may get stuck this way.
So, per se, if you were trying to quit a match, you'd have to hold L+R+A, & press Start twice. Since pausing won't happen much, if any at all, in a competitive match, I don't see much of an issue with this. It might annoy you a bit if you like to ragequit before your last stock kill is register, and it's a total nightmare if you're trying to take good snapshots.

So far, this doesn't seem to cause any lag, though I'm gonna have to test this on one of the HDTVs at Donatos tomorrow. Anyone else that wants to try this for yourselves are free to do so. It would help to at least bring a Wiimote of your own in this case.

The only thing that's really left to be done here is to gather 3 more of my own Wiimotes. Otherwise, at the very least, preparing my Wii U for P:M is complete.

I should be able to have 2 setups for Shuffle, then, and I'm gonna be the only one who brings a Wii U setup.

Last edited:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
As a matter of fact, it did. It was pretty busy for the first day of a night change.

But that's mainly because there was a King of Fighters XIII tourney going on that night.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
It seems that Suyon felt a bit of lag on his TV, yet I don't. He didn't go to Donatos, but I didn't feel lag on one of those TVs either.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the resolution.

Last edited:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Right now, there's a 50-50 chance that I'll be able to go to SPAU3 next Saturday.

I should know what my manager says about it before the end of this week, because then if I can go, I can make up Saturday's hours next Monday.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
You should try next saturday. Our primary host was at a tourney in MI. If you and your friend join the FB group, you'll get more timely updates of what's up.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, we're gonna be trying to work on things to organize people both inside and outside of the usual stuff. Get read to pay attention to Facebook really soon. Gonna try to update this too.

Next saturday, we're likely going up to Dayton for another tournament though.

SoulPech

Smash Master
To follow up on what Juushichi is saying. I would encourage others to use the facebook group over this just because it's alot easier to post on there, as well as updates, etc. I'll still use this for those who don't or not allowed to have a facebook.

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Hey just to let you guys know I will be hosting the smash fest this weekend (April 5) on the east side of Columbus. Possible mini tourney $2 venue (to supply pizza or burgers) and $2 Project M event. Let me know if you are interested and PM me for address or for quickest response message me on Facebook or ask SoulPech. Thanks, let me know who's interested!!!! I kinda need an approximation.

Top Bottom