• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
Hey there, I would like to take the time to thank everyone who came yesterday for participating in the stream and making it a, I would like to call, big success. I am very proud of how the stream turned out and I am glad I decided to try it out yesterday. I will admit I was worried at first but It worked out! According to someone my stream even beat Fish Flop in terms of viewers. That is really hype considering this is my first smash stream. Thanks once again here are some "shout-outs" if you will.

SoulPech- Thank you once again for helping me run it and hosting the Smashfest. Even though i give you **** on a regular basis, you are my co-player in the DOA channel and smashfest stream. This channel and stream wouldn't be nowhere near as far without ya man! Lets keep it up. 100k Subs :chuckle:

Juu- Thank you for participating in the stream and having such hype games! The world needs to see more of your :rob: and I will be there to stream it lol.

Hanky Panky- Thank you for showing up and ****** playing us. You have shown why :peach: is soooo OP lol. But for real, it has been an honor to have you on the stream. This was just as great as having Chu Dat show up in my Columbus Smash vids for Shuffle. Maybe next time i will take more than 1 stock from you.

Carls- you get a special shout out for your...... dedication for coming here. I mean man you really wanted to be there lol. Thank you for coming out man. It was a pleasure having you around.

Raisin Canes- Dat Chicken OP. :yeahboi:

Anyone I missed I do apologize, but once again I cant thank you enough for this awesome opportunity to stream and I hope to see you all next week at Donato's where hopefully I get the chance to stream again (if I do the set-up will be neater)

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Hey everyone! I'm looking for Melee players in Ohio. I am from Mount Vernon, OH and am in desperate need of some smash bros with others. If anyone is in the area, let's have a smashfest sometime. I plan on starting up a a regular tournament schedule in Mount Vernon for the spring semester for multiple smash games. Hope to meet you all soon! :)

SFrogg

Smash Rookie
Alright so Fjolnir is on break now and we will probably drive down to Columbus a few times in January. When is the next donato's thing? The first week of the month it's on a thursday if I remember correctly? Somebody told me but it was a long time ago. I can bring a setup again. Maybe another TV and wii too.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Alright so Fjolnir is on break now and we will probably drive down to Columbus a few times in January. When is the next donato's thing? The first week of the month it's on a thursday if I remember correctly? Somebody told me but it was a long time ago. I can bring a setup again. Maybe another TV and wii too.

Awesome to hear from ya again! Donatos has made some management changes where they replaced ALL of the TVs to HD and because of that there isn't much interest @ donatos anymore for Wednesdays. I've been hosting smashfests @ my place on weekends when there's no tournaments. We'll still use the venue for tournies and stuff

Also expect more involvement w/ MLG stuff w/ ESI next year as well. Do you have a facebook?

SFrogg

Smash Rookie
Awesome to hear from ya again! Donatos has made some management changes where they replaced ALL of the TVs to HD and because of that there isn't much interest @ donatos anymore for Wednesdays. I've been hosting smashfests @ my place on weekends when there's no tournaments. We'll still use the venue for tournies and stuff
Oh ok. It's a good thing I asked then. I will keep checking to see when your next smashfest is. How many people do you usually get?

Yeah we will probably go to a few more tournaments this summer. Maybe one during Spring break. Yes I have a facebook.

SoulPech

Smash Master
uhh...yes and no.

the issue is fight nights replaced their tvs w/ flat screens and in order for us to play, we have to provide our own tvs and we can't store tvs their anymore. We are currently having smashfests at my place for now.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Here's a summary of what I've been trying to do towards fixing our Donatos dilemma the last two weeks:

A couple days after Christmas, I got a Wii U. The following Wednesdays after that have been spent bringing that to Donatos and play Brawl from from the Wii U on an HDTV instead of a regular Wii with the help of an HDMI cord.

Last week, I tried it out, and it didn't feel really laggy, but I couldn't just rely on myself for that. This week Quivo was able to show up, and he thought the same thing. It still felt funny to both of us since we used a Classic Controller Pro since the Wii U can't use any Gamecube controllers, and we were only used to those. Maybe that would've made a difference. I still think I need more people to test this, especially if they already use a CCP.

If Brawl really isn't laggy on the Wii U, the next step would be to order those Gamecube adapters to work on the Wii U. I'll also need to utilize Hackless P:M so I can play P:M from the Wii U, too.

Finally, since this is a different system, Brawl starts on a clean state, so besides having unlocked Ness during our testing, I have no way right now to unlock every other character & rules, & stages in Brawl quickly since I can't normally transfer its data. I may have to sweep through that on my own.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Well you can't get an opinion from me since I already play on HD TVs. The gamecube adapter shouldn't be a problem imo if people can play melee fine with it on CRT. Also you could just find some hack method to unlock all characters. I remember when putting Project M on my SD card it unlocked all the characters on a wii that never had brawl before. Songs would not be unlocked but you can get them easily if you use the roller system or whatever it's called.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I thought unlocking characters with P:M would only unlock them for that if Brawl hasn't already.

Are you saying that once P:M unlocks everything, it's permanent for Brawl, too?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
SoulPech is trying to gather people for a Smashfest at his apartment tonight, but I don't think he's completely confirmed it, yet.

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Ohayacon is next weekend, any Columbus smashfest happening Jan. 23-26? I will be going along with 20k+ other attendees.

D

Deleted member

Suyon told me about these Smashfests happening. I'll definitely have to make it out to one sometime, but would need somewhere to stay overnight (Hi, Suyon :p ).

My focus is on Project M. Want to get good at this game make a dent in the tournament in February.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
You possibly could crash at Pech's place if you ask ahead of time. And all we play is P:M, so you definitely can improve if you start coming down here.

D

Deleted member

Technically, I'd be coming "up" there. Right now, I'm at OU for my final semester, so I'd just hop on the GoBus.

Top Bottom