• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

DBSammy

Smash Ace
UHHH...

For some reason, some of the matches never got recorded unfortunately...

The only thing we have that got recorded are everything but Winner's quarters/semis and Loser's quarters/semis and some matches in between (like 6 matches total)

sad days.

The only thing we have that got recorded are everything but Winner's quarters/semis and Loser's quarters/semis and some matches in between (like 6 matches total)
The only thing we have that got recorded are everything but Winner's quarters/semis and Loser's quarters/semis and some matches in between
everything but Winner's quarters/semis and Loser's quarters/semis
but Winner's quarters/semis and Loser's quarters/semis
Loser's quarters
mfw one of the best sets I've ever played is gone

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
What's with you and having your best sets lost, Sammy? I think this happened before.

I hope someday your luck will turn for the better.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
There was myself and JT vs Ally and Zinoto back at Air Bud in P:M Doubles
Myself vs Ally in Brawl Pools back at Air Bud where I was actually leading against him
Myself vs SB at Nerd Rage in our bracket set.
Like seriously what the ****?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
There was myself and JT vs Ally and Zinoto back at Air Bud in P:M Doubles
Myself vs Ally in Brawl Pools back at Air Bud where I was actually leading against him
Myself vs SB at Nerd Rage in our bracket set.
Like seriously what the ****?
Damn. That really sucks, okay? I would've like to see how that match with Ally worked out. Was I at Air Bud? I may have not have seen it.

The next time there's a P:M tourney we're recording and your there, make sure you let the recording person know when your match is about to start. It'll likely be Alfa, but it could be someone else, too.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hey Dakota it looks like you came around a bad time. The smash players I think were out somewhere eating. I showed there around 8 and saw the smashers, but didn't have the eqiupment to play ( controllers, wii, etc.) I did lend suyon a tv to help you guys out when Im not there providing tvs.

As a reminder: I am having a smashfest this weekend

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I want to attend the Smashfest to make up for me dropping the ball on Wednesday.

I got a new bag to put my equipment in, but I somehow forgot to put my Gamecube controllers in it, even though I moved everything else.

Pech, I did have my own Wii, and if you were able to show up earlier, which I know you couldn't, you could've hung out with me, Juu, and Suyon at Suyon's apartment for a little while.

Though, at the same time, I'm hoping that Suyon explained to you about his own situation for the next few weeks.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
I should be coming to the smashfest this saturday with Chase and JT. Although it'll probably be later on that night around 7/8 since Chase is working during the afternoon.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
An update:

I probably won't be able to go to this smashfest. I'm still thinking about it.

Some of you know of a friend I have named Aaron. He's having a one-day early birthday dinner at the Red Robins at Easton tomorrow at 8PM. I know this will clash with the Smashfest, but he wants me to go with him to this, and he's wants the rest, or at least some, of you guys to come see him, too.

For a while, I have been waiting and thinking about opportunities like this. He wants to get involved with more of the stuff I do with you guys, and I'm still figuring out how to make that happen.

I already talked to Pech about this, and iirc, it might depend on who shows up at his Smashfest tomorrow, since some Cincinnati players are probably gonna come.

DBSammy

Smash Ace
An update:

I probably won't be able to go to this smashfest. I'm still thinking about it.

Some of you know of a friend I have named Aaron. He's having a one-day early birthday dinner at the Red Robins at Easton tomorrow at 8PM. I know this will clash with the Smashfest, but he wants me to go with him to this, and he's wants the rest, or at least some, of you guys to come see him, too.

For a while, I have been waiting and thinking about opportunities like this. He wants to get involved with more of the stuff I do with you guys, and I'm still figuring out how to make that happen.

I already talked to Pech about this, and iirc, it might depend on who shows up at his Smashfest tomorrow, since some Cincinnati players are probably gonna come.
If I can't make it to the smashfest, and I'm able to scrape up some cash, I'll show up.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Cincinnati isn't coming? Awwww...

I'm sure we'll figure something out. It'll only be me, him, and anyone else here who's interested. At the very least, I'll be going to this, or else Aaron will be by himself, and I can't do that to him.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
New plan for me.

I'll go to this Smashfest and Aaron's coming, too. He's willing to drive both of us there himself so he can learn how to do that.

We'll likely see all of you at around 7-7:30.

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
Yo.
Is anyone going to Donato's Wednesday?
I will be there if someone brings a tv. I know Thursday is Thanksgiving and all so i dont expect much.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Back on campus. Will I be at Donatos Wednesday, not sure and most likely not. Am I willing to play smash on Wednesday? The answer is yes. Do you need the CRT if I do not show? Then drop by and come pick it up.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
For all of you (or maybe a few of you) that aren't going to be braving the newest "Super Storm" to Michigan, I am thinking of hosting a smashfest at my place tonight or tomorrow, idk. Probably tomorrow. With enough interest, it will go from "thinking" to "doing" most likely.

Yep.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
2:30-3pm today is looking like the sweetspot for start time.

4848 Glendon Road, Columbus Ohio 43229
My number is 614-558-1936. Call or Text me before you come so I can get a good idea of the number.
At least 1 more TV and setup (Melee or PM) would be appreciated. I have 2 TVs here and 1 setup.

SoulPech

Smash Master
We have plans on what we're going to be doing for donatos next week, but this week you have a normal donatos fight night and I'm hosting a smashfest this weekend as well. There will be a stream.

SoulPech

Smash Master
yeah we're still planning, but we plan to have a glorified smashfest saturday at donatos. We're bringing crts and stuff, so that'll be fun. that's teh plan but we gotta look into it further.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Hello everyone,

On December 21st, There will be a smashfest at Donatos. I would like to have alot of people here (15+people) where we can just hang out, eat pizza, play Smash, and have the basements all to ourselves. Please let us know if there's interest.

Normal smashfest still the 14th by the way @ my house.

Top Bottom