• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'll be heading to Donatos again this Wednesday evening. I'll once again bring my Wii & Wii U.

I finally got around to setting up a Hackless Mod of P:M for my Wii U, along with the Homebrew/Gecko method I have for my regular Wii. From P:M on the Wii U, it doesn't keep all of its unlockable characters for Brawl unlocked, though, but regardless it still works in almost everything else so far.

For now you have you use Wii accessories like the CCP or Nunchuck, but I plan to order Gamecube Controller adapters sooner or later.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
*one week later*

Once again, I'm heading to Donatos. I'll have my Wii U/P:M setup so bring any Classic Controllers that you have.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Weekends, I am not too sure about it, may be around February but Wednesday ones, I guess I will give it a try so that I can test Wii U through Carls' generosity.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
That can be arranged. Are you willing to use a Classic Controller until I get those adapters?

And if you're going to play Brawl on my Wii U, I still need to unlock all the necessities there.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
:O well remember? I play with Classic Controller ;) Hopefully it will turn out good. Oh and can you not transfer the save files or get some save files from others?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I need to keep up with CC players more. That controller's growing on me in P:M now, but I still think I'll need a GCC.

As far as file transferring goes, I can't do that with Brawl. I think it has sometime to do with its wifi.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
That is a shame... well how many other CC people do you think are there? When I attended regularly I remember I was like the only one other than Juu

SoulPech

Smash Master
the issue is just donatos switched to hd tvs, which is horrible to play on. I've been trying to find a venue for possible smashfests but they're not offering for free :/

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
My Wii U plan is only a small compensation for this.

At the same time, however, should anyone bring CRTs for Donatos for smashfests or tourneys, I could still use my Wii U setup as an extra. So in a way I have two potential Smash setups that I can bring with me now.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Hmm, sadly I don't have any CRTVs :/ TVs around me are all HDTV. Anyways, so when I can make it to one of these, which one should I go to? Donato's or SP's?

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I can defeinitely tel you the only person that goes to donatos is pretty much carls
Yeah. If it weren't for the fact that I also go there for the FGC-based games (Street Fighter, Marvel, Skullgirls, etc.), I probably would've stopped going, too.

And because pizza.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I have good news regarding my job, btw.

Starting next week, I'm working full time hours now, and I'm now working from 8AM to 4:30PM, but after what I was told would happen with that, I compared it to getting the Master Sword in Skyward Sword, and then fully awakening it later.

For the next 6 months, I can finally build up my vacation hours, but I can't use them until them. They'll still allow me to call at least one day off, however, but I'll have to make up the time I lost from doing that.

This means that I can call a day off on Saturday for a tourney, just as long as it's the first of the two Saturdays of my bi-weekly payroll. Then from there, I'll still have time to make up for that Saturday by working on Monday and getting my hours back.

In July or August, when I can use those vacation hours, I can finally call days off without having to make up for them just as long as I have the hours; I'll be able to take paid vacations off.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
anyone going 2morrow? i can understand no 1 making it. it is bad weather.....on the day i hav free time...

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'm just gonna copypasta this, mars, just incase you haven't seen this on its Facebook page, yet.

---
Travis Case
Hi guys, important post here.

I just spoke with the General Manager of Donatos. They are starting to get more and more requests for the basement on Wednesday nights and they have said that all these parties are spending a ton more money than we are (frats, clubs, societies that get a large amount of pizzas and beer). She asked if we are interested in moving to Monday or Tuesday nights, I assume with MK + Super Turbo tournies happening @ 16-Bit Bar+Arcade on Mondays I assume Tuesday is the way we'd want to go.

I also spoke to her in regards to the recent lack of alcohol servers through the end of game night. She said she would make sure we are able to buy drinks through the night, you have to be 21 years old to pour drinks @ Donatos.

This was the last Wednesday we had booked. She currently has us booked for next MONDAY (Feb 3rd) as the other days were filling up, but we have no other bookings after that. I confirmed Tuesdays are all clear from Feb 11 on but wanted to run it by everyone before we book it out to see how everyone felt about Tuesday fight night.

---

In short, we'll have to have these on either Mondays or Tuesday. It's already happened yesterday, but from what I learned last night, there may not be another one next week at all, but starting with the week after that, however, we'll have our fight nights on Tuesdays for the next 3 months.

SoulPech

Smash Master
As I keep saying in this thread, the issue there has to do with the tvs and setups. The Wiis are not friendly w/ HDTV screens. Donatos staff also don't allow us to store tvs there. That's why I've been bulking up smashfests at my place.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Thanks for everyone who came out! Here are the results from the tournament:

1st- Carls :wario:
2nd- JT :sonic: :link2:
3rd- DB Sammy :fox: :luigi2:
4th- SoulPech :jigglypuff: :diddy:
5th- Dr. X :lucas: :fox: :falcon:
5th - Suyon :marth: :ike:
7th- Fizzle :sheik: :random:
7th- Rizner :zelda:
9th- Village Mascot :link2: