• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

GanondorfDragmire

Smash Rookie
I dont have facebook :( But thank you for the link to Shuffle, looks perfect :)

And SoulPech theres no rush just post in here or PM me with details when you can ...

SoulPech

Smash Master
All I'm getting at is every Wednesday, there's a smashfest at the venu that's listed in the OP.

Also sometimes on the weekends, we host a smashfest as well. We usually post on facebook, but if we do have a smashfest on the weekend I can just post on here.

SoulPech

Smash Master
It's called Columbus Fight Night. It's other fighting games, but with the smash community we have brawl and PM. it runs from 6pm-12am

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Alright, who's showing up tomorrow to Donatos this time?

I've recovered enough from my cold that I can still show up to this without any major issues. As usual, I'll be bringing my Wii, but don't be afraid to bring your own if you can.

Sadly, I was the only Smasher that showed up last week, so in that specific case, I brought my Wii for nothing, though I did still come prepared for the traditional fighters.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
Alright, who's showing up tomorrow to Donatos this time?

I've recovered enough from my cold that I can still show up to this without any major issues. As usual, I'll be bringing my Wii, but don't be afraid to bring your own if you can.

Sadly, I was the only Smasher that showed up last week, so in that specific case, I brought my Wii for nothing, though I did still come prepared for the traditional fighters.

I showed up to, but it looked like the place was reserved for some college party so I left becuase no gamers showed up, you must have came in at a later time then usual I take it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You could have edited your post.

Also you went on Wednesday when it was supposed to be on Monday.

I'll be there tonight, but might leave early if Alfred isn't going.

po0psmith

Smash Rookie
Hey errrbody...
old columbus melee player that was late to the party back in the day and quit when brawl came out. Now that project M is out I'm looking to smash again. I'll be down to game melee or Project M anytime anywhere (in cbus) I'm open to anyone that will text me the dates and times for whatever get togethers (tourny or friendlies) I dont have facebook and I'm bad at checking smashboards. 614-580-3967. appreciate this thread and a thumbs up to whoever runs it. HMU gamers.

-po0psmith

SoulPech

Smash Master
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP Smith (lol)

Do you have ohter means of communication besides phone (like skype?)

The majority of the smashers communicate via facebook and also I update the OP on this thread quite a bit. I'm having a smashfest this weekend for Brawl and PM

po0psmith

Smash Rookie
not really...I'm old school lol my phone is really the only thing that I check on a consistent basis. I'll set something up if I have to and i'll be sure to keep up on checking this thread. I'm down for a smashfest this weekend, I live decently close. I'll have to go to work on saturday but hopefully I can get a few games in before 5:30 and depending on how late you guys go I can come back around 9...let me know if that works and if you would need me to bring anything

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Hey errrbody...
old columbus melee player that was late to the party back in the day and quit when brawl came out. Now that project M is out I'm looking to smash again. I'll be down to game melee or Project M anytime anywhere (in cbus) I'm open to anyone that will text me the dates and times for whatever get togethers (tourny or friendlies) I dont have facebook and I'm bad at checking smashboards. 614-580-3967. appreciate this thread and a thumbs up to whoever runs it. HMU gamers.

-po0psmith

see:
Also, the CFN things are at OSU... in fact, they are basically at the intersection of Lane Avenue and North High Street (about a 10 min walk from Dylan's and a 4 minute walk from Tyler's). That being said, if players do want to play more Melee and I guess kinda PM they should definitely join the OSU Facebook Group and play more. The guys there are great. If you want more games of predominately PM and I guess Brawl kinda, then Donatos + Pech/My/Shen's Smashfests on the weekend are probably more indicative to your needs.
As I was telling King of Nothing, the most convenient ways to get in touch with us (and also OSU Melee, linked above) is via Facebook, Skype or through here. Everyone has things going on and stuff, so not too many people can hover around one media or another. Phone numbers and stuff are excellent, but being able to check up on most of the mediums in case life gets in the way for the organizers (mostly SoulPech and myself on the PM/Brawl side, idk about the OSU guys) is probably going to be the most fruitful in the long run...

and it helps us keep track of everyone better, lol.

----

Unrelated to the post above. For some reason Carls hasn't mentioned this in this thread in spite of being there for two weeks, but Donatos has gotten rid of their CRTs and replaced them with laggy monitors, so it's even more important to the people that drive in (I guess AlfaStryke, Pech, JT crew) to bring CRTs in and keep them on hand. We'll try to see if we can store at least two (considering that there are usually two Wii setups at a given smashfest), but if not please be prepared.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I didn't mention it because I had no idea that the monitors were laggy when I first saw them. I didn't see them as a problem, at first.

I just set up P:M and waited for some players to show up, and no one ever did. I hadn't realized in that short amount of time I was using one of them for the game that they lagged, which its why I was pretty salty about it this past Wednesday, among other things...

No wonder we were only using CRTs for the Wiis to begin with. :sonic:

Anyway, I'm interested in Pech's Smashfest. I haven't went to anything Smash-related on a Saturday in a while. Is there anyone who can pick me up for it tomorrow at around 6-6:30?

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hi! Any of you interested in coming up to Cleveland for a smashfest sometime (Brawl)? Also I hear there's a tournament in Detroit next Saturday, is anyone going to that?

Also SP text me sometime because my phone got temporarily stolen and I lost all my contact info.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I'll be showing up again, but now I have to hope that somebody brings a CRT or two, or our matches are gonna be really awkward from now on.

Better than nothing, though.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Hi! Any of you interested in coming up to Cleveland for a smashfest sometime (Brawl)? Also I hear there's a tournament in Detroit next Saturday, is anyone going to that?

Also SP text me sometime because my phone got temporarily stolen and I lost all my contact info.
I'm not sure if I can fit a trip to Cleveland into my schedule now due to work, but the others might be willing.

Also, I'm sure most of us won't be going to that Detroit tourney, because there's going to be a tourney next Saturday here in Columbus.

http://smashboards.com/threads/shuffle-iv-november-9th-2013-columbus-oh.340845/page-4#post-15946795

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
great! I will plan on coming to the columbus tourney for sure. Any idea if any top players (ally m2k etcet.) will be attending the columbus one?

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
Ok.
In order for me to come (transporter would like to know), are there gonna be any lagless tvs available? If not, i cant bring any and probably wont come.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I'm not feeling well, so I won't be coming tonight, which most likely means that there may not be any CRTs unless Chonce brought one with him.

Dakota, I would advise just to go anyway to relax and hang out. I'll take care of the CRT issue this weekend. In the meantime, I am having a smashfest this weekend. Let me know if there's interest.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
yeah I know it is. Does that mean that people won't attend it? I might just come over to your smashfest instead if you guys will play brawl (I can bring the setup for it)

btw I need your phone number again if you can just text me. also address if you are hosting a smashfest then

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If you play Brawl, sure.

Paying convention entry fees if you don't care overall isn't worth it though.

Also, update from talking to the managers last night:

We will have to bring CRTs to and from... we can't store them at Donatos. Keep this in mind.

Lado

Smash Rookie
How noob friendly are these smash sessions? I used to play this game "competitively" about 6-7 years ago but haven't touched a controller since. I watched the documentary and am reinvigorated and want to play again. I live right by OSU.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
How noob friendly are these smash sessions? I used to play this game "competitively" about 6-7 years ago but haven't touched a controller since. I watched the documentary and am reinvigorated and want to play again. I live right by OSU.
The OSU Facebook Group hosts Melee about 95% of the time and maybe 5% of the time PM.

We host through CFN+ house smashfests probably about 85% PM, 15% Brawl idk. Maybe 95% PM /5% Brawl. In terms of the OSU guys you might just be out of luck if you don't use Facebook, but you can message Prince_Abu and jamesbjames (Hanky Panky) and see if there's anything that can be done on that end.

We do try to post mostly in the Columbus thread here about the stuff that we do, events that we go to and stuff. Otherwise, there is a tournament on November 9th at the Union that you can meet most of both the Columbus Ohio Melee scene (new and old) and the Columbus Brawl/PM scene at.

SoulPech

Smash Master
LIke,

You go to Cons for anime's, raves, games, etc. If you play brawl, yes it is worth it I guess, but you have to pay I think 20-30 dollars for 1 day.

Lado, listen to what Juu says; he's right.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty exclusively a brawl guy =D so I'm thinking I'll go to it. Keep me updated on when you're having the smashfest though

Lado

Smash Rookie
Is this on Saturday or tonight, and is the address still the same as the one in the original post? I'd love to come hang out for a bit.
Thanks!

Top Bottom