• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus, OH Social and Smashfest Thread

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Alright...

So I went to Donatos anyway, since my pizza party/meeting ended a bit earlier than what they said.

There was absolutely no Smash there, Especially since I didn't bring a Wii, but I did still get my weekly dose of Marvel, so it's okay. I should get a cheap 360 controller just in case I have to play Marvel on that console, though. Maybe that's why Mars wants to get one, Fox.

I also reached campus because I wanted to get Meloetta for my Pokémon White & White 2 from the GameStop nearby. I didn't have my DS for that last week and I just wanted to get that out of the way before it was too late or before I forgot about it.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Alright...

So I went to Donatos anyway, since my pizza party/meeting ended a bit earlier than what they said.

There was absolutely no Smash there, Especially since I didn't bring a Wii, but I did still get my weekly dose of Marvel, so it's okay. I should get a cheap 360 controller just in case I have to play Marvel on that console, though. Maybe that's why Mars wants to get one, Fox.

I also reached campus because I wanted to get Meloetta for my Pokémon White & White 2 from the GameStop nearby. I didn't have my DS for that last week and I just wanted to get that out of the way before it was too late or before I forgot about it.
I see... hmm that makes sense. I was curious that if he was going to play it on his comp through Dolphin. Though shame that no set-up was available today. But next week will be different won't it? I hope there will be Smash next week. Also, I will add you as the first on my brawl friend code list. I don't think I will get lucky like yesterday where I prevailed without getting killed by opponents as MK in team battle and I don't really like the idea of items popping around.

SoulPech

Smash Master
It was the fact that Carls has something to do, I had soemthing to do, and chonce had something to do. That's essentially the key people that normally come. Suyon is on Spring break, so yeah...

It's not cancelled per se; there's still columbus fight night...just no smash yesterday :/

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I see, well I am still not in Columbus due to Spring Break. Anyways, looking forward to next week (not for the school because it's school)

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
It felt like a really long day today.

And this is despite me not waking up until 12-1 in the afternoon.
Dang, sleeping until 12-1 in the afternoon. Well, I would not want to feel that I had a long day during weekdays. I hope that feeling does not happen to me rest of the semester... I want this semester to be over with... Anyways, since I am back in Columbus, I wanna see Smash during fight night. I need real practices, not some CPUs...

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Well, nothing's happening to me this week so far except for Armageddon this upcoming weekend.

So at least count on me to show up this Wednesday.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Totally unexpected that from mars as I thought he was G&W and Mario people guy. Well, Fox is a likeable character.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yes, I think I remember you saying that. Anyways, I don't know if I will eat there tomorrow which means I MIGHT come in later than usual but no later than 6:30PM. Oh, and I hope I improved overall movement because that's what I focused on over the break. But then, it's only been a week or so since I began my attempt to move with more fluidity. Also, 'tis still frustrating that the idea of DI-ing after the prediction or getting hit is not sticking with me.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I gotts work on di 2 I never bucket break fast enough.

And I usaully bair when I shuld uair instead..

Ps:

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
That infamous bucket thing... That's like the only thing G&W needs to survive freakish long. Like Fastest Ending Aerial -> Bucket (heard it must be empty) and he survives lol.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I've now made it a point that, if I show up, it may just be to drop off my Wii setup and then leave for a little while to eat somewhere else.

I love pizza, but I'm interested in some of these other places around campus.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Buffalo Wild Wings I know is near... I don't know what I will eat. I will see if my mind changes tomorrow either out of laziness or preference of the day...

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Alright.

Now, for a quick summary, I know that me, mars, & probably Fox are gonna show up for today for Smash.

Anyone else? I wanna know since I plan to leave within the next hour or less.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well, I hope this does not count as a double post. Anyways, ggs to QD, Carls, and mars16. QD and Carls, thanks for pointing out things. Especially for telling me of that up-smash tunnel vision I had today and other stuffs. I will try to improve on them.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
GGs to everyone I faced. This was one of the better & busier nights I've had.

Brawl, Project M, PS All-Stars, Marvel, AND Skullgirls! I'm hoping the player attendance can keep up like this for the Spring, if not moreso.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Yep, I think yesterday's atmosphere was different than usual. I really enjoyed myself there. I doubt we did anything really special but it was different.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
@SP, Oh.... I didn't know that. I knew you were coming in later but wasn't too sure about Alfa.
@mars16, that Vegeta reference lol. Yeah, and I hope it's going to be even better. So much fun we had this week.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I do, I'll be there. Don't count me out unless I tell you guys in advance! (I know no one is assuming this)

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully I will be going. Workin' until 5-ish unless a miracle happens and my work is lightened or something. I really wanna get back in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
That is some mean main you got there (I read your post in "Active Ohio Brawlers"). I hope I get a chance to play you for some experiences on that particular match up.

Top Bottom