• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Gallery Hopping: Date Pending

Big_R

Smash Champion
YO columbus whos trying to go to michy?? i have one open seat. 2 if u dont mind riding *****.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
Hey, December 3rd me and a bunch of people are getting together and renting out the party room in the Donatos in Pickerington to play a bunch of fighting games. There's gonna be a bunch of different games involved, but Melee will definitely be present.

"December 3st"

You're all welcomed to join. Just know that it's not completely Melee focused. Also, try and give us a bit of a heads up so we know how many to expect if you can.
Holy ****, I just saw this post lol. I'm pretty much leaving after I post this. I was kinda thinking about bringing my laptop to record some matches, but idk if there will be room.

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
So Donatos was a blast, got to play with a lot of cool people and learned a few things as well. Can't wait for another one like this, 6 hours of Melee is too good lol.

zez

Smash Rookie
Hello this is the dude that setup the Dec 3st, 2010 Gaming night at Donatos. Really want to thank all of you who came out. Was a blast and we got a larger showing than expected. I counted 27 people in the room at once, with a grand total of 31 people showed all night. I really couldn't thank you enough. Considering the turnout I will be doing this again, in about a months time. I will post as soon as I know the date it will occur. I plan on having it be multiple games/systems again. I was very pleased that we had 9 TV's and a laptop with emulation running. Thanks again SH_ for hanging out.

For those concerning spacing issues. I am moving soon, when things settle down and things look possible I will throw said shin dig at my current abode if it is possible as opposed to Donatos which seemed able to hold 30+ with 10 TV's however not comfortably.

I do want to add to Smashboards I really did not expect more than 25 people, and presumed we would have 2 Melee's goin most of the night. Considering the turnout (tons of people who play many games well) and Buttcrust (Jeff {DK}) not being able to make it. We had less people willing to play since they were really playing a multitude of games. I feel like if Buttcrust had made it DeathScytheHello (Joel {Kirby}) would have been playing hard and we would have had many more playing melee due to it. Even so I believe we did alright having 6+ hours of melee with 8+ people. I want to again thank you for making this a great turnout and it will be happening again.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yeah, thanks a ton to the two (or three?) Melee reps who showed. Really wish I coulda gotten some 1v1s with ya, but the teams were a blast all the same. Next time we'll definitely shoot for some more Melee, as that game needs some love as well. Trying to build a solid Ohio "fighting" game community, and I personally love Melee. That said - never be afraid to try some of the other games. The guys there are almost always willing to teach people who actually want to learn how to play, and playing other games can sometimes help you out in Smash. That, and it's always cool when you can pick up and play other stuff and look like a pro. ;)

But yeah, for realz, if you guys step up, we'll step up with you. If more Melee players show, more Melee will be played. Simple as that.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Hey if anyone is down for some melee you can play at my dorm =D at Neil Avenue
Neal is easily within walking distance of my place :D

Today's no good for me, to much preparation left for school and work tomorrow ):

Tuesday night (~6:00PM onwards) should work for me, but the rest of the week (including the weekend) is busy busy. I'll definitely be free and eager the following weekend, though.

Big_R

Smash Champion
you scrub college kids need to get a car. then i could host something consistent to actually get u bros better at this game.

soap

Smash Hero
you scrub college kids need to get a car. then i could host something consistent to actually get u bros better at this game.
Kaaaatzy's back. host somethin and I'll load up the whip with campus cats.

I got 4 spots, call em quick

Drrrkbunnie

Smash Rookie
Neal is easily within walking distance of my place :D

Today's no good for me, to much preparation left for school and work tomorrow ):

Tuesday night (~6:00PM onwards) should work for me, but the rest of the week (including the weekend) is busy busy. I'll definitely be free and eager the following weekend, though.
Sounds goooodd to me, just like PM me or something on here. I have like one class Tuesday so I'm clear, haha. You want to bring others too, if possible?

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
I'll be available this weekend and probably next weekend too, I'd be able to bring a laptop to record matches too if anyone would be interested in that.

Big_R

Smash Champion
oh shiii the soaperman bout to do work. look at the johns on these kids tho. they aren't even taking up free car spots. where the hell do all the campus smashers hide?!

maybe ill host something this fri or something....

DippnDots

Feral Youth
sorry drrrk, just now saw the post. you wanna work something out in the next couple of days maybe? i dont have a set up just a controllar

Drrrkbunnie

Smash Rookie
Alright, I'm free all day erryday now xD I have class Thursday at 8:30 then I'm done but Friday I have class til 3:18

Drrrkbunnie

Smash Rookie
I can do Friday and Sunday, I'm free after 3:18 for the most part unless I have work Friday, which is rare, lol.

Top Bottom