• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia College of Chicago Weekly Smashfests - ??? Soon

Quaz

Smash Master
you should actually go scythe =D you've won enough money at brawl tourneys already havent you??

kels I look forward to trashing that mewtwo with my peach.

Zicore

Smash Champion
****KKKKKKK

A concert that I was planning on attending on FRIDAY got moved to SUNDAY!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to do. I don't want to move smash, but this concert has been planned for a while, and it was nothing I could do to prevent it.

if people wouldn't mind waiting another week, I think that would be best.

Don't hate me =/

Mars-

Smash Champion
I don't think I am going to be making it this week, I just realized I have a ****load of school work I gotta do.

EDIT: Okay, looks like it is getting canceled anyway.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
hmmmmmmmm we should reorganize this stuff. im always busy during the week now though ti sux. except monday night I suppose.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I don't really think I should be hosting anymore. I'm usually busy with homework and stuff now, and the only real days I'm free is saturdays, but that is meant for having fun and/or tourneys.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Yeah, saturdays i always go out and do non-smash related things (unless it's a tourney), so i prob wouldn't attend those either. Another smashfest bites the dust.

Zicore

Smash Champion
and I play falco and fox pretty much equally...so who is my main? (like I literally when half and half at smym9 i think)
**** falco. I played fox more than falco at smym anyway, he has like two good matchups. marth is worlds better. and he doesn't die to dsmashes at 40%:mad:
:dizzy: + :confused:

If this happens, you are not allowed to play for being a fro. You literally had 3 mains (according to you) in less then a week. Not to mention you said you split half and half, then said you didn't. Stop being a johning fro. You main falco.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
I play whoever gives me the best chance to win. That about sums it up. like I said I'm going to mostly play marth and fox, but falco will sneak in for people like falcon,DK etc. My falco is good as hell...but I feel I've done all I can with him, so gotta broaden the horizons.

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
marth has only so so matchups, imo. weird chars like DK, yoshi, link, even pika do fairly well against marth. then there are the good chars like cap and sheik. i hate those matchups. fox does fine against marth too

i'm surprised more ppl don't use sheik. her matchups are pretty broken, excpet maybe spacies. falco vs sheik is basically even and i'm almost convinced that sheik has the advantage now that falco is like an endangered character. fox has an advantage, but i love that matchup. if fox fccks up, then it's over.

Zicore

Smash Champion
sheik vs marth is SOOOO hugely in sheiks favor, zeus. Just cause you can beat some scrubby sheiks doesn't mean the matchup is bad. Go by what top pro's say and witness and experience, not by what zeus plays against at MN tourneys or IL smashfests...

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
sheik vs marth is SOOOO hugely in sheiks favor, zeus. Just cause you can beat some scrubby sheiks doesn't mean the matchup is bad. Go by what top pro's say and witness and experience, not by what zeus plays against at MN tourneys or IL smashfests...
god stfu, pretty much everyone who knows anything knows that at best the matchup is 60:40, and most respect it as a 55:45 matchup in sheik's favor. You get sheik in the air and she's ****ed. You get her off the stage she is ****ed. I did not say marth has a advantage or it's even. I said "it's not too bad" I.E. it's doable. I've played kels sheik a lot and his is nice as hell, so I have a lot of experience with the matchup. it's hard but it can be won. You make it seem like sheik vs. bowser...:(

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'm not here to side with anyone, but Shiek is a pretty soft counter for Marths. I enjoy the matchup as Marth myself as well. There's hardly anyone in high tier who has hard counters.

Zicore

Smash Champion
like I said, don't go by what zeus does vs scrubby sheiks (not to offend you kels.), go by top pros. Azen, Ken, M2k...they all said sheik is the best, and the matchup is heavily in sheiks favor. I'd take what they say over what you say any day zeus.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
By your dumb *** logic, personal experience accounts for nothing. Who cares about matchups...it gets to a point that the real deciding factor is skill. I guess since you haven't improved in 5 years, matchups are all you got.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
like zeus said the better player wins.

but heres my opinion on it either way

fox > sheik > marth > falco > fox
fox == marth
sheik == falco

Zicore

Smash Champion
By your dumb *** logic, personal experience accounts for nothing. Who cares about matchups...it gets to a point that the real deciding factor is skill. I guess since you haven't improved in 5 years, matchups are all you got.
But see, I don't care. I would use the same character against anyone, reguardless if I would win or lose.

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
dang, i started something bad. peace and love, my smash bro's.

i think we should change this thread to a chicago discussion or something. just post if you're playing and want ppl to come over. i know kelly is playing non-stop with someone at some place.

also, i realized fox has some broken-azz matchups. i like the fact that it's so easy to camp with him. his killing power is pretty sweet too. i wish i was good enough to use him.

Quaz

Smash Master
well Im off tomorrow but Im gonna smash with hotstuff at his place up north in WI. but if anyone is free monday maybe we can work something out, most likely not tho, I dont wanna drive from hotstuffs to some place in chicago that would be a lot of driving -.-

Top Bottom