• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colors, Costumes, and Themes...

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
Well, i posted this idea in a thread a couple of days ago, but i decided to make it a thread.

My idea:

Characters shouldn't be limited to just different colors, as sometimes this could be confusing when fighting a team of the same characters. I know, most people would probably say " just change the characters!" but what if i don't want to?!:chuckle:

so i came up with and idea:
why not every character should have different costumes, as well as different colors! imagine it like, a team of 2on2, samus and samus versus samus and samus, one is wearing a varia suit, one with a power suit, one with light suit, one with dark, etc etc etc you get the idea!
so that would mean you could choose (if you wanted) wario in his original purple and yellow attire, only this time make it like... black and orange!!!!! see? it's brilliant! (not to honk my own horn...)

wouldn't that just be grand?

now onto my next idea:

Themes.

what do i mean by themes? exactly what i wrote, that's what!
so lets say, its Christmas (i don't mean to offend anyone who believes in a different religion, please be tolerant:) )(and i'd rather use halloween as an example, but Christmas sounded nicer) and that would mean, most, if not all, characters would have something that changes on their costume. example! : mario would be wearing (but not limited to) a santa styled coat with fuzzy cuffs and a santa hat. yoshi would have an antler head band, samus' varia suit would have those round bells on her shoulders to replace those circular life support systems on her shoulders, and her suit color would be red and white with hints of green. link would have a santa hat and a large candy cane in place of the master sword. and so on and so forth. (i can already see sonic wearing a pumpkin mask and an orange pumpkin-esque shirt with black and orange soap shoes!)

so any way, a holiday themed costume according to the date on your Wii! wouldn't that just be grand?!:psycho:

Lend me your ears! or better yet.... your thoughts!

P.S. this isn't really character related even though it has something to do with them, its more like a thing they could put in brawl. please people, let the posting begin!:chuckle:

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
so u mean a patch for chrismast , for summer , etc , that changes the chars look ? it would be cool

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
'not really a patch, more like a built in kind of thing that automatically changes a characters costume according to that time of the year/ occasion (spelling?), meaning when yoour Wii's system clock reads "october 30" the built in program would automatically change a characters costumes to halloween, sorta like sonic adventure 2 on the dream cast, but his time you could keep the changes as soon as they're unlocked. or something like that.

EDIT: you dont need to actually wait for october 30, the costumes could be unlocked from the get go.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
They did something like that in the ready 2 rumble games, and that was a nifty little easter egg, so I'm all for it.

I think your first Idea is overdoing it though. Characters like Kirby only have a pallette swap, while characters like samus and Link actually have alternate suits. I think it should be an either/or type thing, depending on what character it is. BOth just seems like a little much

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
I already hoped that they made costumes like that I hope they will like that srry for all the doctor mario fans they make dr mario an costume of mario they still can use colors but this idea is better maby they just can mix or at least origal things like by pikachu not only his color but his hat thingy changes that's a lot more origal then just other colors maby the second idea is a fun add but can't they just send them with wi-fi (don't know exactly how it works) because okay it's a fun idea but I prefer that the games release date is closer

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Would be nice if each month or so you had a different costume for each character that you could only use for that month. Christmas theme for December, Jokey outfits for April, Summer shirts of August, Cupid wings for Febuary (don't know what Pit would have...maybe a nappy or something).

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
I think that the OP's idea is kinda weird...

I would just prefer more different costumes. And how would your idea help with your problem, OP?

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I really like this idea,

also idea: how about things like Daisy suit and Peach suit, so you can tell who you are that way, that would work too.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
They did something like that in the ready 2 rumble games, and that was a nifty little easter egg, so I'm all for it.

I think your first Idea is overdoing it though. Characters like Kirby only have a pallette swap, while characters like samus and Link actually have alternate suits. I think it should be an either/or type thing, depending on what character it is. BOth just seems like a little much
whats so "over doing it" about it?well yes, kirby i would understand.
explain how "both just seem like a little much"? no, really, id like to have your input. criticism is good, just not so much (not that im referring to you)

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
I think that the OP's idea is kinda weird...

I would just prefer more different costumes. And how would your idea help with your problem, OP?
how you ask? because i sometimes play four of the same characters against eachother on team matches. do you still not understand? maybe you should read my original post a little better. and count the pixels. and plus, eventually youd get sick and tired of a blue zora suit, or a white light suit. thats where color swap comes in. and weird? thank you, i take weird as a compliment.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Please stop double-posting.

And please don't claim ownership of this idea. This idea has been around since Nintendo first mentioned Brawl back in 2005, before it even had a name. Go ahead and talk about different costumes if you want, but please don't entertain thoughts of originality.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
did i claim owner ship of this idea? i only said "hey, i have a cool ideablabla bla"
and sorry for not being original, as if i was supposed to know this had already been thought of or whatever. and if you're so adamant about it, then why dont you just lock this thread? or erase the thread entirely? jeez, i only try to make an interesting topic then all of a sudden....

no offense or anything...

EdIt: sOrRy fOr DoUbLe PoStInG~

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
yes costumes are great. I think ur the first to think of it in seasons though. Me i want my is customizble. dont the t. I wannna have my Yoshi's timbs with freakin bapes design purple,pink and white. The yoshi will be red. Lol but anyway yeah i really hope the and as much customization as possible so that everyones character can be unique.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I can't see that level of customisation being possible. If they where to go deep with this then the deepest I would expect is a range of hues.

did i claim owner ship of this idea? i only said "hey, i have a cool ideablabla bla"
and sorry for not being original, as if i was supposed to know this had already been thought of or whatever. and if you're so adamant about it, then why dont you just lock this thread? or erase the thread entirely? jeez, i only try to make an interesting topic then all of a sudden....

no offense or anything...

EdIt: sOrRy fOr DoUbLe PoStInG~
Anywho,I would love to have characters with alternative costumes and colors.

I was also thinking of a color customization like they had in F-Zero GX.

It allows you to adjust the R.B.G of a color you want on a specific part of the machine.
For example:

For Mario,you can color:

-Overalls
-Shirt
-Gloves
-Hat
-Hat Emblem(M)
-Hat Emblem(Back Ground)

For Marth,you can color:

-Cape(Outer)
-Cape(Inner)
-Tiara
-Mail
-Sword(Hilt)
-Sword(Blade)
-Shieth
-Pants
-Boots
-Gloves

Also,when you play with your character name,you can assign your custom color to the name,so when you use your name,you use your custom color(If you want to).

Even though this would be time consuming to implement,I think it would be great.It would add alittle more"Personality" to the characters.

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
If The costumes In Team Battle Like Numbers or Shapes Above The Head i Think it's Better
And You Can Pick The Color You Want , So you will Know your Team from The Number or Shape Above His Head.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
nice one phoenix, and plus, im sure everyone else would also eventually get sick of just normal overalls for mario, use like a dr. mario suit in black, he'd look more like an agent. kewl.
i've also been thinking about more to add to this thing, but i've et to come up with something "original" as implied by mcfox for my lack of "originality".

EdIt~:

i had an idea, in the single player mode, remember catch the trophies,and other bonus levels where you could pick up extra trophies? well, i thought, maybe you could pick up like random fashion accessories (shades, bling [lol], etc etc.) thoughts?

eDiT2:i originally came up with this when i was playing melee, i was switching colors around with link and samus, and i think peach, i noticed daisy and gravity suit samus and blue and red link (tunics from alttp). so i thought why not tell my friends about it? they liked it, they hoped that ssbb would have it. HERE'S TO HOPING~

edit3lolol: if this is implemented, hope they atleast make it so you can switch ness' costumes into...dadadadum... LUCAS! remove your hat, bleach your hair! and ultimately, represent one of the best games ever! you can do it ness!

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Edit costumes are never a good idea.

Since Brawl will obviously be online, people are eventually going to have to fight people with custom constumes.

How many people, a la Mario Kart DS, would therefore just paste random Genetilia on their characters in the most akward of places?

And I don't even want to START with Zerso Suit Samus.

Custom Costumes= VERY bad idea.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Logos would be intresting as it would more easily define individuals online, but we have the Miis for that. Hmmm, what if instead of having a picture of your character to show how many stock you have left, you have your Mii's headshort instead.

I just think what we all want is instead of just different colours for our characters we have different costumes as well. Dungerees for Wario, Doctor's jacket for Mario (if Dr.Mario is removed) different armour of Samus and various hats for Kirby (sidenote, different costume could change his >A attack).

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
but destruction king, dont you think nintendo would ban such profanities? i mean, they have do check out what goes on online between Wii owners right? i could be wrong, if i am, then they could atleast make it so that, if you want a custome edit, they have to approve of it first. isn't that good?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't like the theme idea at all. My sis got a Xmas costume theme for Kameo, and it was OK, but I just can't see that working in Brawl.

minwoo6360

Smash Rookie
Link
Cat link (remember on the gamecube)
Link(Time of Ocarina)
Link(twightlite of princess)

Samus
Zero suit
Power suit
Black suit

Pit
Dark Pit(Let's just make it for fun)
Normal Pit

Wario
Yellow Wario

Luigi
Green Luigi

Mario
Red Mario

Pikachu Family
Pikachu
Pichu
plus
Minus

Kirby Family
Kirby
Meta Knight

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
@minwoo6360 - the links you listed are different links not just costumes, and i dunno what ur doin with the rest.... red mario? NO WAY!

i reckon
4link - zora + magic
4samus - dark, light, gravity, and mebbe phazon or dark samus (but only as a skin, not a character)
4mario - raccoon or whatevs
4mewtwo - MEWTWO IN ARMOUR.......love it

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the ideas posted I liked Samus with little bells instead of life support systems the best! I would like to see Zero suit Samus with a cute and sexy Christmas outfit :D

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Link
Cat link (remember on the gamecube)
Link(Time of Ocarina)
Link(twightlite of princess)

Samus
Zero suit
Power suit
Black suit

Pit
Dark Pit(Let's just make it for fun)
Normal Pit

Wario
Yellow Wario

Luigi
Green Luigi

Mario
Red Mario

Pikachu Family
Pikachu
Pichu
plus
Minus

Kirby Family
Kirby
Meta Knight
heres some more suggestions from the actuall games:

Pit has 2 forms in kid icarus, beginning form and final stage equipt form with large wings and armor, maybe that would be a suit.

Wario has different suits also because the wario we see now is from wario ware inc, in the original wario games he looks alot differnt.

Luigi also appears in Paper Mario as the "Mysterious L-man" or something, with a mask like Zorro.

Mario has many different forms, like Doc Mario, Metal Mario (if that's nolonger an item), original Mario bros bluesuit mario, or White "Super Mario" from super mario...

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
ding ding ding!
we have a winner!
vampire kain is the new champion~

edit:
omg halloween samus:
instead of those capsules/life supports on her shoulders she'd have jack-o-lanterns, and her visor would look like either a bat design, or the mouth design on a lantern of jack.
black and orange of course..........

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
this is an awsome idea, i was sort of disappointed that melee didn't have this, except for the holiday themes. i think it is cool, but i can't see it happening.

Top Bottom