• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colors, Costumes, and Themes...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe they could have a mii version of each character and you could unlock the parts used to make them in the mii channel one you have beat adventure mode with that character!

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
Great Idea smash~bomber

especially on the themes idea.
cool, thanks man. if only more people *hint hint* could be like you :laugh: ~~

edit:
St. Patrick's day mario:
green overalls and hat, with white shirt and other details, his hat would have a 4 leaf clover instead of a letter "M".
his hair could also possibly be red, to make him look a little like a leprechaun.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And he could speak in an Irish accent!
And his smash move could be he smashes you over the head with a pint of guiness.

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
Well its basically what St Patrick's Day is about :).

Why not for Samus have the hunters as alternate costumes and then tweak the B-moves slightly and the appearance for normal and morph ball?

The holiday ones sound a bit rubbish really. It just seems like a waste of time to programme something that not everyone will want. It just takes time away from other areas of the game that need it more.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hmmm... down loadable online content... sounds interesting... but this is Nintendo we are talking about and well its not like them to do stuff like this... but they should!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
hmmm, how does evil mario sound? i think its the one where mario wears wario's bucket thing on his head? that be cool, he'd look like a party freak, you know, the guy with the lampshade on his head? but this time with a bucket. ahaha~
i'm not too sure about that but in a similar vein, dark link would be pretty sweet methinks.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea that up b looks like his is just gonna fly up really fast bit like fox's up b except without the fire and the load up. (and Pit would go further of course)

Eaode

Smash Champion
I dont like the holiday idea so much, but the other costumes instead of colors is great.

For instance, Link: Regular tunic (used for Green team), Zora Armor (used for Blue team), Magic Armor (used for Red team), and Fierce Deity (just to look awesome ^.^)

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
You guys have to remember that this game is made by Japanese people. The only holidays that we share are Christmas and(stretching it) Halloween and Valentine's Day.

I'd love to see Tenuki suit Mario.

Paper Mario as an altcostume for GaW!(stretch, I know)

I

i8waffles612

I dont know in TP he got so many cool new items. Maybe some will be in the game....

alphameric

Smash Ace
My idea for player options are as follows:
I think there would be an option in one of the menus, where you could do a number of things.

● A section where the user can choose which of your created Mii "costume's" to use in battle ( if Mii's are in brawl )

● Another section where the user can create custom color schemes for each character.
Each character has predefined sections which can be colorized.
The colors are not predefined, and can be chosen manually via wheel.
Once the scheme has been chosen, the user can save it, then select it in the character selection screen as though it was any other color.

These schemes should PROBABLY NOT be usable in team battles, and pure colors ( #000, #FFF etc. ) would be filtered out

Well, that's what I think/hope will be included in brawl.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
oh hell yeah i would love Fierce Deity link as a costume, but i mean I feel like if he appears in the game, it should totally be something to do with Young Link, perhaps as a FInal Smash for YL.
Wario should obviously have his costume as his old self with the overalls.
The Varia suit, power suit, etc. is a great idea also for Samus.
Zelda could possibly have her TP look with or without hood?

Here lies a huge problem, and this is why it may be unlikely that this alternate costume idea may never happen. For designers to have characters with different costumes, they have to do all the work of completely re-doing the concepts for the way the characters look. then again, it couldn;t be more appropriate, especially for this installment in particular.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
oh hell yeah i would love Fierce Deity link as a costume, but i mean I feel like if he appears in the game, it should totally be something to do with Young Link, perhaps as a FInal Smash for YL.
Wario should obviously have his costume as his old self with the overalls.
The Varia suit, power suit, etc. is a great idea also for Samus.
Zelda could possibly have her TP look with or without hood?

Here lies a huge problem, and this is why it may be unlikely that this alternate costume idea may never happen. For designers to have characters with different costumes, they have to do all the work of completely re-doing the concepts for the way the characters look. then again, it couldn;t be more appropriate, especially for this installment in particular.
Its a month or two before the game is released and all the people there are bored seeing as they have done everything for the game so what do they do? go home and starv because they have no money and are not working on any games at the moment? No they will go "Hey lets make Link look cool" and make costumes (Hopefully).

Any ways Yhea! i hope intros return they were cool.

Top Bottom