• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Wait DarkMusician doesn't?
Yeah. I talk to a hawaii smasher a lot, and there aren't that many of them. Apparently DM isn't a huge fan of brawl zelda, dunno why. You'll notice all the vids are a month old on the youtube you linked.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I talk to a hawaii smasher a lot, and there aren't that many of them. Apparently DM isn't a huge fan of brawl zelda, dunno why. You'll notice all the vids are a month old on the youtube you linked.
I talk to him on AIM. He doesn't go to tourneys much because he isn't close to many of the players, also he is quite devoted to school and since it was finals, that means no Smash. He likes Zelda just fine in Brawl. He told me that he was happy to see that she improved.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Demo's thing is next weekend! This weekend is much ado about nothing.
Come to Boulder :D

My address: 1755 View Point Rd, 80305. Call me at 303 494 4157 if you need help finding my house, it can be hard (ask for David)

Really, I can set up about 5 tvs, at least, I have before. So, it would be great if people could bring at least one or two. I have one tv down stairs, but I also have one upstairs if we have overflow. Obviously, it would be great if you could bring wiis too.

Hope to see people here starting at noon.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice

My address: 1755 View Point Rd, 80305. Call me at 303 494 4157 if you need help finding my house, it can be hard (ask for David)

Really, I can set up about 5 tvs, at least, I have before. So, it would be great if people could bring at least one or two. I have one tv down stairs, but I also have one upstairs if we have overflow. Obviously, it would be great if you could bring wiis too.

Awesome!

I will bring my WII.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I talk to him on AIM. He doesn't go to tourneys much because he isn't close to many of the players, also he is quite devoted to school and since it was finals, that means no Smash. He likes Zelda just fine in Brawl. He told me that he was happy to see that she improved.
Mayhaps. All I know is that when we were discussing likes/dislikes a while back, Dave mentioned Dark M thought Zelda was "ok". Either this changed, or Dave didn't feel like informing me of the truth, but it was a while ago. Oh well, is what I get for basing things on month old data.

Also, 4 people in Denver now? We can do teams!!!

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Hey, could you also bring a tv? That would help a ton!

And the smashfest will probably go until like 8-10 pm or whenever we're done XD
I thought you said that you had like 5-6 0.o

I take the bus, so I will not be able to bring a tv, even if I had a good one.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'll be there from about 5-8ish, at the least. Picking up Cliche at 4, and from there, we're gonna head up to Boulder. David, I need your address again, I kinda forgot it.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice

I will be there in a bit... I'm feeling kinda lazy today =P

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
Crap i wish i coulda gone...
I also wanted to go to the battle of the bands, but that didnt work either...
Anything gonna b set up for next weekend? i need to play humans and not those ******** CPUs lol

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Despite these being beta, these will mostly likely be the final ruleset minus a few tweaks in the next week. We just wanted to put them out there so people can discuss and make valid points.

Arguing in this thread in a non-civil manner will get you a ban ( no warnings required.)

Evo Brawl Beta Ruleset Revision 16
These rules are tentative and subject to change at any time.

First game of a match to be played on Evo Custom Map. Players can decide to play on any map, if both players agree.
Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is not prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This will result in a loss of the match.
Losing player can pick a new stage or new character, not both.
Winner keeps character (users of Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Shiek, and Pokemon Trainer are currently ALLOWED to change which character/mode they start in even after a win) but must select character/mode before other player has to choose stage/character.
2 Stock, 3 Min timer, 3/5 Games
Items on medium spawn.
Sudden Death will decide the outcome of the game.
Allowed Items: Banana Peel, Unira, Spring, Mr. Saturn, Green Shell, Smoke Ball, Freezie, Super Scope, Sandbag, Food, Screw Attack, Warp Star, Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Beam Sword, Baseball Bat, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Hothead, Smash Ball, Ray Gun, Pitfall, Cracker Launcher, Motion-Sensor Bomb, Hammer, Golden Hammer, Bumper, Blast Box, Franklin Badge.
Banned Stages: New Pork City, Hyrule Temple, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Flat Zone 2, Original Mario Brothers, Mushroomy Kingdom, Norfair.

The official evo stage will be up soon also so people can start messing with it (its being tested was we speak). If you want to test the stage, you can message me and ill tell you where to get it.
Wow, Evo's rule set is AWESOME.

I mean, Smash balls = super competitive, right?!?!

teh_w0lf

Smash Cadet
I'm actually from Houston, TX but I was wondering if there were any active smashers in Grand Junction...I'll be up there all summer without the ability to smash

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
So Tim and I were on AIM...
Tim: k, evo's tourney ruleset now posted in our thread
Me: What?
Me: ...
Me: What?
Tim: SMASH BALLS
Tim: 2 STOCK
Tim: 3 MINUTES
Tim: woooooooo
Me: BUMPERS
Me: GOLDEN HAMMERS
Me: That's a joke
Me: that's a joke
Me: thats...a joke
Me: that's a joke
Me: They're kidding right Tim?
Me: I need to sleep tonight
Tim: I really hope they're kidding >.<

I think that pretty much covers this Sakurai-pleaser set of rules.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
sorry for the double post but you guys don't seriously use ITEMS in competitive play...PLEASE tell me I'm missing something
You wouldn't have to double post if you edited your ****. And those are EVO's rules..........if you don't know what EVO is.......

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
1: Cort ($435.60) (Snake)
2: PC Chris ($237.60) (Snake)
3: Nuro ($118.80) (Snake)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SNAKE
Duh, Cort sucks.

Evo sucks. I'm not going anymore Yang, unless they change it to our rules, meaning, ban Snake.

My bro updated my maple so I won't be playing until I get off my lazy *** and re-dl 5.3

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
And magus sucks for having a login name similar to Evo. teh w0lf, we don't play like that, I was being sarcastic about it being great, hence the excessive ?!?!?!

Those rules are awful, and snake is stupid. And chain release grabbing is stupid. and tripping is stupid.

Top Bottom