• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Reviewing that DoH quote again(post mainly for Ben, Tim, and Tony), I actually think Sakurai made the game so that everybody loses. What's the point of winning if you can't get the satisfaction of completely owning your opponent? Losing also loses its purpose since nobody wants to lose and they all strive for winning, but in reality, Sakurai made it so that winning = losing. There's no point in playing Brawl competitively.

Therefore in Brawl:

Winning = losing
Losing = losing

V

v!rus

Tony stole that Tier list from some ***got over at some game website I saw it a few days ago.

It's a bull**** list, because in the right hands, DDD is ****ing unstoppable.

This guy just bases his tier list off his own opinions, and it's a stupid list.

Tony, kill yourself for copypastaing that list.

Jk iloveyou<3

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Reviewing that DoH quote again(post mainly for Ben, Tim, and Tony), I actually think Sakurai made the game so that everybody loses. What's the point of winning if you can't get the satisfaction of completely owning your opponent? Losing also loses its purpose since nobody wants to lose and they all strive for winning, but in reality, Sakurai made it so that winning = losing. There's no point in playing Brawl competitively.

Therefore in Brawl:

Winning = losing
Losing = losing
What? That makes it sound like a win against a n00b is more satisfying then beating an actual competent player. So your saying Brawl can't be competative because it's not as easy to totally **** n00bs?

Personally I savor a long hard fought victory over an easy one sided one..

sparkyy

Smash Rookie
dang man I Miss like a day and already I am lost crap I need to come on like everother hour and change heh. but I am just compling don't worry about me heh.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Tony's tier list reminds of one time when I took a dump and only pudding came out.

Also, Highlands Ranch = pond scum in comparison to Aurora.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
What? That makes it sound like a win against a n00b is more satisfying then beating an actual competent player. So your saying Brawl can't be competative because it's not as easy to totally **** n00bs?

No, I'm saying that everyone is too n00bish, thus leading to crappy matches. I'd rather take quick well executed combos over long campy defensive play anytime. This is reflected in my love of playing Fox back in Melee, shine, you're dead, but you still needed the technical and mindgaming ability to lead your opponent to that 4% kill. Brawl just takes all of this away, you see many people using smash balls, you see many people play on just ridiculous stages, you don't see combos because there's no hitstun, you see no advanced techniques since the discovered ones all suck, and everytime you trip it's like a falcon punch to your balls.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
No, I'm saying that everyone is too n00bish, thus leading to crappy matches. I'd rather take quick well executed combos over long campy defensive play anytime. This is reflected in my love of playing Fox back in Melee, shine, you're dead, but you still needed the technical and mindgaming ability to lead your opponent to that 4% kill. Brawl just takes all of this away, you see many people using smash balls, you see many people play on just ridiculous stages, you don't see combos because there's no hitstun, you see no advanced techniques since the discovered ones all suck, and everytime you trip it's like a falcon punch to your balls.
Ah I see what your sayin.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Fun playing with ya in the FFA, Demo and Igneous. Though the snake/snake/kirby/MARIO?!?! match needed more grenades.

Also, fun 1v1s Virus and Moblin.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Is it me Or are tim and ferdi the only people that post good stuff on this thread?
Everyone else just posts dumb things
Like dumb "GG man" And a dumb tier list>.>

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody, today is Starcraft's 10th birthday!

kekelala gogogogogogogogogogogogogo
gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nite, you failed as soon as you thought that tier list was real. Even moreso for not catching the reference, and knocking on me because of it.

Is it me Or are tim and ferdi the only people that post good stuff on this thread?
Everyone else just posts dumb things
Like dumb "GG man" And a dumb tier list>.>
O.O Wtf You were hating on a bunch of these characters and now You are saying they are good =/

And i dont think jig sucks but meh like i keep saying now This game has no tiers
Just wanted to point out that you post pretty stupid stuff on occasion, too. Try telling that to a Ganon that has to fight Olimar or Pit. Hell, tell that to Ganon, period. You're dumb if you think that no characters are better off than others, seriously.

You've only experienced long victories, sonnn. I heard 'bout 'yo camping. As I proved at the tournament this last weekend, camping with Zelda takes ZERO skill, and therefore, is not hard fought.

Tony's tier list reminds of one time when I took a dump and only pudding came out.

Also, Highlands Ranch = pond scum in comparison to Aurora.
Demo, stop being dumb. You're like... if Durango (the bad part, not good) and Utah (lookin' at 'jira here) had a baby. I don't even consider you Aurora/Denver, and I guarantee that 2 out of the 3 Highlands Ranch players could wipe the floor with you, easy. I let you get away with knockin' on Wyoming (which actually IS the cure to cancer/aids), but you need to stop jokin' like that. It's just dumb.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
ever planing on finishing that tier list on pg 603?
No idea, I'd really like to finish it but I'm really lazy.

Nite, you failed as soon as you thought that tier list was real. Even moreso for not catching the reference, and knocking on me because of it.

Just wanted to point out that you post pretty stupid stuff on occasion, too. Try telling that to a Ganon that has to fight Olimar or Pit. Hell, tell that to Ganon, period. You're dumb if you think that no characters are better off than others, seriously.

You've only experienced long victories, sonnn. I heard 'bout 'yo camping. As I proved at the tournament this last weekend, camping with Zelda takes ZERO skill, and therefore, is not hard fought.

Demo, stop being dumb. You're like... if Durango (the bad part, not good) and Utah (lookin' at 'jira here) had a baby. I don't even consider you Aurora/Denver, and I guarantee that 2 out of the 3 Highlands Ranch players could wipe the floor with you, easy. I let you get away with knockin' on Wyoming (which actually IS the cure to cancer/aids), but you need to stop jokin' like that. It's just dumb.
Whoa. This guy needs to calm down!

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
What camping are you talking about? wtf =/
And how do i fail for talking ****

Thats all ive been doing here since this thread has become so boring

And Wait doesnt everyone talk **** about every ever now?

Anywho im bored I hate you guys
I hate tim the most

sparkyy

Smash Rookie
after reading it, its seems like he is just venting about people and worrying about whatever one else thinking instead of playing his own game and playing well that is just my opinion.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
after reading it, its seems like he is just venting about people and worrying about whatever one else thinking instead of playing his own game and playing well that is just my opinion.
Ladies and gentlemen Captain Obvious is in the Fliplity flopity flu >.>(umm yeah i dont know if i spelled it right)

V

v!rus

Lol I can bet that I'm the 3rd HR player that couldn't rock anyone hahaha.

Also, HOLY WALL OF TEXT BATMAN.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Nite is right this thread is kind of boring I only bother to actually read things that Zeal, Ferdi, Nite, and Tim post. Sorry everyone else, but these guys made CO dramas, and Chap and Ken don't really post. There's not much to talk about, really, I don't know why there's always a bunch of new posts.

Also, I'm not sure if Nite and Tony are cleverly trolling each other or not, these things are too complicated for me to understand.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
You've only experienced long victories said:
I don't camp that much.... in fact compared to a lot of people I've played I might as well be a rock climber. Of course I'm going to use some din's fires but I'm not just standing on one side spamming them the entire match.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice

Ouch. It was only in response to the "Aurora sucks" comment made by a certain someone.

And uh, I've never played you, so your idea of my skill = nonexistant. Sooooo I don't trust your opinion. Sure they probably could wipe the floor with me (Mr. Clean?), but only when someone like Tim agree with you (seeing he's the only one to play me recently).

And what's with the attack? If you don't like it, say "Stop those jokes." instead of calling me a Utah/Durango child. That really hurt. *grabs a hanky*

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sorry, I'm on the rag. D:

The UT/Durango comment WAS uncalled for (lololol, now we get to make fun of them both again!). Come to some smashfests/tourneys already, mangz.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I was playing pikmin the other day, and I used my squirtle to beat up pokemon trainer.

That sentence will make no sense in 24 hours.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Top Tier
Aunt Jemima - She brings the world of pancakes together with her various, easy to make, just add water brands of pancake mix. Whole wheat? BUCKWHEAT? Only Aunt Jemima has such a unique food set. Top it off with her ability of various syrups and you got one top tier woman there.

High Tier
Bisquick - With Bisquick's new food set, the shake and pour, this pancake mix has jumped up from bottom tier. It's easy to combo bottle makes pancakes a breeze. Sadly, it's overpriced, despite it's hype. And if you want the normal box, you have to put some work into making the pancake, cause otherwise, you'll end up with one of the many other recipes that their not-pancake specific mix makes.

Mid Tier
Hungry Jack - The same problem with Bisquick, having to add a lot of extra ingredients to make pancakes, but sadly, you can't make anything else out of it, unlike Bisquick. This makes it really straight forward, as it's pancakes are very meh in the long run. It may pack a kick first, but really, Hungry Jack should stick to TV dinners in the end.

Low Tier
Krusteaz - This is a clone of Aunt Jemima. While it does come in bigger packs for resturants and really big pancake lovers, it doesn't make up for it not being good. At the same time, it has variety, like Aunt Jemima, but it sucks in comparison. Fat Free Buttermilk Pancakes? Pancakes don't have fat in them in the first place! Blueberry sounds like it's good, but in reality, it doesn't have much taste and suuuuucks.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I guess I can host an earlier smashfest at my place on friday......

Would that make up for it?

I mean, two smashfests this week. C'mon.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I guess I can host an earlier smashfest at my place on friday......

I mean, two smashfests this week. C'mon.
Supah Smaaaaaash Brothas Brolli>Gaylo. No Gaylo fests. (I am fully aware of the wordfilter)

I'll be in Minnesota, but I'm sure the rest of the community would like that.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
So I got to tell you all my life story. It all started this one day with SEX. And so a tiny little baby was born the size of a peanut, peanuts absorb light so due to decrease of photosynthetic activities in the womb mutations happened. By 1337 years, this baby had grown to about 7 foot 2 inches in height and 200 pounds. This baby was of course black and held within him the ph1r3. After 2021 more years, sealab was made and everyone had to go live there, this is where things go wrong. The father who held the baby in his womb died, causing cancer and brain damage due to the baby unable to be supported. At this point, all hope was lost as no medicinal technology was able to cure death, not even phoenix down! But it was also this moment in which the glorious CAPTAIN ****ING FALCON appeared out of nowhere! He moves closer to the dead father and says "FAAAAAAAAAAAAAALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON" bring his massive arms back, "PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and thrusted his glorious phoenix flame fisting action of justice into the stomach of the dead father. At this point, the black baby suddenly regained all his intelligence back, his cancer was cured, and he himself turned into the godly spawn Falcon Jr.. This child was to be the holy incarnation and heir to the one and only Captain ****ing Falcon. And so life was good for the people. Many had grown crops, many had pursued politics, but no one dared to do what Falcon Jr. did. He ran straight into the white house, killed the president with his massive ***** of justice, and delivered a bloody and satisfying death to the government. This was without repercussion as the world turned against him, even his father. With that, the boy left the earth and moved into space where he became aroused by the dark side, and moved back to his inner darkness, becoming the Black Shadow. He did not do much for a few years, just plotting the eventual downfall of humanity with his massive *****. One day, he decided to go to earth, and **** 50 virgins, resulting in the creation of failures to humanity such as Masahiro Sakurai and that guy from Britney's dance crew. This put a huge dent into the justice that is Captain ****ing Falcon, and so when Black Shadow went back into space, Captain ****ing Falcon follows him. This resulted in an epic battle with nipples and *****es, and at the end of it all no matter what we pretend the journey is more important than the end or the start, what it meant to us will eventually be a memory of the time they tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter. And with this, Captain ****ing Falcon said "Watashi wa shinan, SHINANZOOOOO!!!!" and was knocked the **** out by ICHIGO'S ****ING HOLLOW FORM'S GETSUGA TENSHOU!!!! This led Black Shadow to madness and thus forced himself to tie a piano wire hang and put a chair below it, he also super glued his hand to his head, and when he became an hero from jumping off the chair and into the piano wire, everyone was completely mind****ed. Saying things like "Holy **** did that guy rip his own ****ing head off?". At the end of all of this, the blood from Black Shadow manifested itself into the great skillz god Fergadis. Fergadis owned everyone at everything with his mad skillz, getting bored, he turned himself into the next best thing from being a god. He turned himself into, an asian...

Who you all know as me :chuckle:

V

v!rus

So I got to tell you all my life story. It all started this one day with SEX. And so a tiny little baby was born the size of a peanut, peanuts absorb light so due to decrease of photosynthetic activities in the womb mutations happened. By 1337 years, this baby had grown to about 7 foot 2 inches in height and 200 pounds. This baby was of course black and held within him the ph1r3. After 2021 more years, sealab was made and everyone had to go live there, this is where things go wrong. The father who held the baby in his womb died, causing cancer and brain damage due to the baby unable to be supported. At this point, all hope was lost as no medicinal technology was able to cure death, not even phoenix down! But it was also this moment in which the glorious CAPTAIN ****ING FALCON appeared out of nowhere! He moves closer to the dead father and says "FAAAAAAAAAAAAAALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON" bring his massive arms back, "PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and thrusted his glorious phoenix flame fisting action of justice into the stomach of the dead father. At this point, the black baby suddenly regained all his intelligence back, his cancer was cured, and he himself turned into the godly spawn Falcon Jr.. This child was to be the holy incarnation and heir to the one and only Captain ****ing Falcon. And so life was good for the people. Many had grown crops, many had pursued politics, but no one dared to do what Falcon Jr. did. He ran straight into the white house, killed the president with his massive ***** of justice, and delivered a bloody and satisfying death to the government. This was without repercussion as the world turned against him, even his father. With that, the boy left the earth and moved into space where he became aroused by the dark side, and moved back to his inner darkness, becoming the Black Shadow. He did not do much for a few years, just plotting the eventual downfall of humanity with his massive *****. One day, he decided to go to earth, and **** 50 virgins, resulting in the creation of failures to humanity such as Masahiro Sakurai and that guy from Britney's dance crew. This put a huge dent into the justice that is Captain ****ing Falcon, and so when Black Shadow went back into space, Captain ****ing Falcon follows him. This resulted in an epic battle with nipples and *****es, and at the end of it all no matter what we pretend the journey is more important than the end or the start, what it meant to us will eventually be a memory of the time they tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter. And with this, Captain ****ing Falcon said "Watashi wa shinan, SHINANZOOOOO!!!!" and was knocked the **** out by ICHIGO'S ****ING HOLLOW FORM'S GETSUGA TENSHOU!!!! This led Black Shadow to madness and thus forced himself to tie a piano wire hang and put a chair below it, he also super glued his hand to his head, and when he became an hero from jumping off the chair and into the piano wire, everyone was completely mind****ed. Saying things like "Holy **** did that guy rip his own ****ing head off?". At the end of all of this, the blood from Black Shadow manifested itself into the great skillz god Fergadis. Fergadis owned everyone at everything with his mad skillz, getting bored, he turned himself into the next best thing from being a god. He turned himself into, an asian...

Who you all know as me :chuckle:
PAAAAAAAAAAAWNCH

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You can't believe any of Ferdi's claims! There's no way he would be spawned by such a great creature!

I feel it is my duty to show you his TRUE feelings on certain subjects. BEHOLD!

I'm sorry to have had to show you all this.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I guess I can host an earlier Halofest at my place on friday......

I mean, two Halofests this week. C'mon.

...?

35. Purin

34. Power

33. Daydayday

32. Koopa

31. Sean "Puffy" Combs

30. Wisdom/Wisdom

29. Ice Cream Man

28. R66-Y.

27. Celda

26. Apple

25. ******* Kong

24. Mr. Game and Watch

23. Palutena's *****

22. Dwight Eisenhower

21. Kitty

20. Cap'n Crunch

19. Meta Caballero

18. Wario

17. Mario

16. Ash Ketchum

15. Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom

14. Luigi Mario

13. Wolf

12. Chocobo

11. Ninten

10. Falco

9. Mewtwo2

8. Courage

7. Captain Falcon

6. Yokoi

5. Ikue Ootani

4. SNAAAAAAAKE!

3. Yaoi

2. Claus

1. Stafy

BYYYYYEEEYYEEYYYEE! Don't you hate hearing that after Stafy K.O.'s you - his stupid little taunt. All jokes aside, Stafy is the best all round character. Yes, he's the easiest character to use and some might say the cheapest, but at the same Stock he has his weakNinten. He's light and can be Haloed pretty quickly but Stafy is the ePalutena's *****ome of what a Meleeer should be - fast, quick, agile, strong, stealthy and deceptive and not forgetting to mention Stafy can copy any one of the Meleeers. Stafy is the best all round character in my opinion.

Why are all my words replaced with stupid crap?

MDwight Eisenhowerzor

Ike = Dwight Eisenhower....

Is smashboards hacked or something? I'm ****ing confused. Maybe it's this virus my comp has. Maybe it's firefox. I don't know.

Top Bottom