• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Everybody, make sure to watch this thread:

http://76.9.5.204/showthread.php?p=4257448#post4257448

Also, Demo's house looks close to Rafa's(their zip codes is close). How many setups do you have? How big is your house? How long can we stay ti'll? If we're doing this is anyone doing anything else Saturday?

And yes, Tony's Diddy gets owned. Especially by my Marth's jab at 4%, it's super effective!

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is Vat- Zero. Less than 3 days before the big Goop tourney

"Goop's AZ Brawl Tourney"

When:
- On Saturday April 5th

Where:
- 4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Everybody, make sure to watch this thread:

http://76.9.5.204/showthread.php?p=4257448#post4257448

Also, Demo's house looks close to Rafa's(their zip codes is close). How many setups do you have? How big is your house? How long can we stay ti'll? If we're doing this is anyone doing anything else Saturday?

And yes, Tony's Diddy gets owned. Especially by my Marth's jab at 4%, it's super effective!
Mike said he'd host one this saturday, so I'm still holding him to it.

Also, I only have one wii, right now, I have 2 TV's that we can use (one dinky), plenty of places to hook them up (4-5 tvs and wii's in the downstairs area would work out just fine, but that might be too many)

The size of the house is, big enough. You're even welcome to show up early if you want, but I don't want you guys here past midnight (obviously) seeing that I still live with my parents.

And if all works out, we can make a midnight run to IHOP.

V

v!rus

Those were some fun games Yang.

I had enough of you kicking my *** all across the map after awhile tho, my ego can only take so much. :p

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
If you guys are coming tomorrow, let me know via AIM (Demolishocola), or here. But really, I don't want to be prepared for nothing.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Smashboards is up? I'm confused

And Ferdi, his zipcode is the one where Grandview is, where the house I had that one smashfest at is. Near Mikezor.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
If I were to hold smashfest on Saturday nights at my house would anyone come? Maybe some of the people around Fort Collins. Because I might start hosting them now and then if people would come.

I have a lagless 32' HDTV :D

Duha

Smash Journeyman
**** johns demo that lag kills the game online just be real. I am the last to john he just was better playing with lag then me im not johning about that. but guarantee if he played like that when there was no lag it would have been different story. shield grabs would have destroyed him for one. and that is near impossible with the the lag without telegraphing it to much. Chain throwing with DDD is hit and miss with the lag and when i play without lag i can chain throw all day with DDD. So don't come and tell me that the lag online cripples many things advance player would do.

Anyways no one answered my question if there is a way to get around the lag online like changing ports or something.

i would love to go to a smashfest saturday but i would have to leave around 6pmish let me know

Igneous42

Smash Ace
**** johns demo that lag kills the game online just be real. I am the last to john he just was better playing with lag then me im not johning about that. but guarantee if he played like that when there was no lag it would have been different story. shield grabs would have destroyed him for one. and that is near impossible with the the lag without telegraphing it to much. Chain throwing with DDD is hit and miss with the lag and when i play without lag i can chain throw all day with DDD. So don't come and tell me that the lag online cripples many things advance player would do.

Anyways no one answered my question if there is a way to get around the lag online like changing ports or something.

i would love to go to a smashfest saturday but i would have to leave around 6pmish let me know
I have to agree with Duha here. Online lag can really kill a game. There's not much you can do. Moving you wii closer to the router may help but other than that it just depends on your connection. Also I guess pick and choose who you play with. I have a really good connection with some people and really bad ones with others (though thats probably based on their connection.

Only other thing we can do is hope Nintendo can and will upgrade their servers at some point

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I've seen people suggest that you make sure your wireless is set to channel 1 or 11, as those work best. The only port forwarding suggestions I've seen is to open ALL ports to the Wii, which is...interesting, to say the least. If you've got them in the same room, or at least close, and are still getting mad lag, get the ethernet adapter. It worked wonders for David, he's got like no lag when I play him, it's beautiful.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya I hope so i really need to play some people though and i feel playing online will just teach me bad habbits like the guy i lost to. I may just leave online alone and just stick to practice on lvl 1 cpu and try to show up to c.springs early to get a bunch of friendlies in. cause right now I haven't played any talent yet so i think im not going to do so good.

maybe i could have a few people over my house tell 6pm on saturday then you could go to the other guys house. I only have 1 tv though 40 inch samsung LCD no lag. I live over by fairmount cemitary buy tony and kind of by rafa. i think tony might actually stay in the same complex as me.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
hmm tim i don't have horrible lag but it takes about 10-20 frames for a button press to be registered maybe longer about .25 seconds and if anyone know anything about competitive smash that is far to much time to have for lag. Ill try the channel thing i thought i read somewhere about a specific port to open for brawl if i find it again ill let you guys know.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I'm having it tomorrow, so, yeah.

Right now Mike said he'd host this Saturday, but I haven't heard anything from him in a while.

So depending whether mike is still hosting saturday or not, I'd go to your place to play.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
sorry tim just got out of the shower if you are still on let me know ill check back every minute or so for 10-15 min my fc is 4897 5951 9027

yes i am stuck between the choice of olimar DDD IC Puff kirby in that order i haven't figured out who yet i like most though

Duha

Smash Journeyman
dude zeng my lag is no where near that i opened up some ports and went to NAT2 on the wii and i had virtually no lag last night if you guys use a router i have the guide to speed up the wifi
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41913059
I followed this and I changed my ip to xxx.xxx.xxx.xx3 for the wii and i opened the ports for the same ip address i made for the wii manually the guide explains more

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I just want to clarify to everyone that CCCT IS IN DEVER AT THE TIVOLI CENTER. This tournament is not in colorado springs. Some people thought that the tournament is in Colorado Springs. Just making sure everyone knows this.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
dude zeng my lag is no where near that i opened up some ports and went to NAT2 on the wii and i had virtually no lag last night if you guys use a router i have the guide to speed up the wifi
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41913059
I followed this and I changed my ip to xxx.xxx.xxx.xx3 for the wii and i opened the ports for the same ip address i made for the wii manually the guide explains more
ya, but im still living on campus, not really much i can do.

D

Draknodred

I'll be around tonight on WiFi if anyone is up for some games.

Don't think I can make the smashfest tonight but I'll be down for tomorrow if there is one!

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Fun games Igneous. Sorry I cut them short, my GF called and I didn't think I could listen to her very well while playing.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
drak, add me. I'll be on tonight. can't go to demo's or anyone's for a smashfest today, unfortunately. ignus, on our last match I meant to press the message for "gtg" not "too good for me." in case I came off as, um, a sarcastic douche. :laugh: (good games)

If anyone has noticed my disappearance off their friend list, I was clearing out the non-confirms and accidentily deleted someone and I didn't see who. So tell me and I'll add you back on if you're that person, lol.

I have a quick question... what is "gamebattles?"

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
We should probably just call this a Ferdi/Timfest. Seeing that all the wins are done by them.

Those 2v2 teams were rough.

*Edit* It looks like Mike is dead. So, smashfest?

Top Bottom