• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

meleemarth

Smash Ace
lol you should really be more cautous on games you have never played. Just because you looked at a couple of screen shots doesnt mean that the game sux. Anyone who does that obviously has no clue about giving video games atleast a try before judging them. Obviously your just judging a book by its cover.....heh im not saying this because you dissed cs im saying this because you dont take in account that A LOT of people like like this game. LOl ive only played it once and im addicted already. Meh what you said about cs is just kind of like saying "judging from the screen shots from ssbm it looks too cartoony so its gay." "i suggest you play games like teken, sc2 or sc3." what you said is extremely ignorant. You forgot to take in affect that what you said may harm some people(that applies for you and zero).

also just to let you know you got a long way before getting anywere near the best. heh lol good job on starting to play competativly when ssbr comes out in november. Eh show my team what you got n00b. oh and i wouldnt mind seeing david's peach rip your peach a new assh0le.. ooops did i just say that. ha and yeah i dont know anything about you and why would i possibly care...from what you posted i was defending some of us who play cs. your the one who started talking wrong. stfu and go back to playing some other game cuz i dont care for you at all in this game....bye bye :newbie: :newbie:

ps. zeromercy lol im messin with ya lol(all the stuff about you being mexican lol)

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
asians will take down anyone in any game or a math problem. LOL! CS>Halo. also u can't really compare RTS with FPS.....two different styles of gaming. i mean look at Ken in ssbm. in every other game theres always some chinese,korean,japanese person or team who pwns.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
do u have to pre-register because i'm not 100% sure if i can go since something might come up...u know how asian parents are. also why did u change ur team name?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
eh i dont know why i changed it lol probably cuz it got old lol. Anyways yeah i know how your parents are but just try to convince them hehehe. ttyl

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Liquid_Penguin said:
Well, funny you say that. I think you actually have the award for most inane reply. Especially from a guy who knows nothing about me. Letting slide the murder and **** of the text you displayed, I think you should shut your mouth before us European's "whip your face in". Unless you're talking about CS, in which case I could give a ****, because only fanboys, otakus and kids that have deep seeded emotional problems waste time with CS. <3 u
**** you ^______^ (Japanese 4th generation LOL 4th xD)

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I googled smash bros, and I came up with all of these gay screen shots. I think that anyone who plays that game must be either gay, a ******, or a serious nerd.
Joking aside, Liquid Penguin, never judge games by searching it off google. Counter Strike is one of the funnest multi-player games I have ever played, and I would certainly play it if my computer wasn't as craptacular as it is now. Idk, I just wanted to defend cs.

See everybody at CCCT!

Btw, nobody said hi to my friend logan (exept for me that is)

meleemarth

Smash Ace
knglAZ said:
hi im david's friend logan i was the guy follwing everyone the last tournament
sup lol your probably the guy i talked to at the pre-ccct. Well good luck and train hard if you want to be up with some of the new smashers in Co. try to play with david as much as possible.

ZeroMercy

Smash Rookie
dam **** it looks like i missed out on all the trash talking

oh and yea its cool melee

i just like talking **** alot xD

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
New Rule for my crew:

Unless I see an OBSCENE amount of potential in you, you are not allowed to join if I can 3+ stock you with ease.

Zero, judgement day is coming, you'd best be practicin' your *** off. XD

Joking aside; Ferdi, you play SC? I haven't played in like... 2-3 years, and last time I was on, I was getting owned by people with HORRENDOUS stats... so I don't think I'd be much of a challenge. But if you're up for playin' sometime, lemme know.

Favourite mapstyle (Fastmap, Moneymap, Limited Resources, etc)?

Logan, play with David like madd. It'll help both of you out.

Anyone up for trying to hang out Saturday? I can't guarantee I'll be in the best of health, nor a challenge (see my post in CCCT thread), but I'm still up for tryin' to hang.

...As long as you don't live in the Springs. That's an effing long drive.

Liquid_Penguin

Smash Rookie
1. It was a **** joke. Jesus, haha. Of course I've played CS. It's hard to have worked at a Cyber cafe and not.

2. The google thing was a joke. Apparently I didn't make that obvious. Who the hell would seriously google a game and say it sucks? I thought by being a smash player I'd at least have that much credibility.

3. I hate CS. Seriously, I suck at it, but I hate it for other reasons. Deal with it.

4. InterrimofZeal: Yo, if you're up for coming towards Downtown Denver(11th & Lafayette), bring a friend or two, and I can have a friend of mine over (he'd love to see some 'true' smashers). Hit me up with times, because I gotta take some other friends to that crazy "Sex Show" at the convention center (either early in the day or late, depending on smash times), and then there's some Pirate Party that night... If you call and I don't answer today, it doesn't mean I'm not interested, it just means I'm probably falling off a cliff whilst snow boarding and can't come to the phone at the moment.

5. My peach is unbeatable by any one else's peach. Don't forget that.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
sry your peach sux and get over cuz thats the truth.....eh zoap or peach's pan could school your peach. wow thats sad you think your peach is unbeatable. omfg n00b

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Liquid_Penguin said:
1. It was a **** joke. Jesus, haha. Of course I've played CS. It's hard to have worked at a Cyber cafe and not.

2. The google thing was a joke. Apparently I didn't make that obvious. Who the hell would seriously google a game and say it sucks? I thought by being a smash player I'd at least have that much credibility.

3. I hate CS. Seriously, I suck at it, but I hate it for other reasons. Deal with it.

4. InterrimofZeal: Yo, if you're up for coming towards Downtown Denver(11th & Lafayette), bring a friend or two, and I can have a friend of mine over (he'd love to see some 'true' smashers). Hit me up with times, because I gotta take some other friends to that crazy "Sex Show" at the convention center (either early in the day or late, depending on smash times), and then there's some Pirate Party that night... If you call and I don't answer today, it doesn't mean I'm not interested, it just means I'm probably falling off a cliff whilst snow boarding and can't come to the phone at the moment.

5. My peach is unbeatable by any one else's peach. Don't forget that.

Hahahahaha! It was a joke? Or are you just making excuses? Hmm? :p I guess you should have made that more clear.
And if your peach is unbeatable by another peach, go play mikeG or Vidjo :laugh: I'm sure you would school them
And considering you are bragging that nobody can beat your peach with peach, I am guessing you are a n00b. N00bs really have a tendancy to do so, because of lack of experience they think they are unbeatable. I'm not calling you bad or anything, you just lack experince. Don't worry, I was a n00b once too. Well we'll see how you do against my peach.

Liquid_Penguin

Smash Rookie
Dear meleemarth, you are a sad child, obviously very angry at the world. Haha, get bent. Eh, nevermind that, you'll learn about it when you grow up. Maybe not, but let's not get into that now. I'm here to find people to smash with, not reply constantly to arrogant and annoying 12 year olds. I played your whole "crew" word word yo of l337 pwnsors, and no other peach even came reasonably close to beating my peach. If you're so rad, how come the only people that could beat my Peach were you (with shiek you pro you, haha) and bluemycon (with fox, and it was pretty close every time, last life, high damage, etc). Not to say I'm the best or anything, but you certainly think you and your "crew" are, and only you (apparently the ring leader) and Kenny (who happens to rock and should be voted new prez after you're impeached for being a whiney ****) could beat me. So, with no previous technical play experience, I managed to beat over half your friends on my...1st try? Amazing. I'm not the best, but niether are you. And interrim, I played you, didn't I? Were you really going that easy on me? Cuz if I recall, I beat ya everytime, but maybe those were just illusions and dreams. Let's get official! Come beat the hell out of my smash noob arse, and then I'll accept accusations appropriately. 'Till then, I still think I'm gonna be the best( once I gain more technical exp). Now, because I know how fragile the competitive gamers pride can be, I'll say this to all of you, "You're incredible smash players. I have not met your equals. Y'all rock!". Jesus, haha! Can we just play some smash now? I thought it was about having fun and playing a game that we all loved, not arguing about ****ing cs, or who's better, or "n00bs", or any of that crap. God, if I suck so much than just come kick my ***. At least I'll be learning. Interrim, I'm lookin' at you, yo. Call! My place is small, but my tv is big! There is much smash action to be had. Like I said, bring a friend if you think I'm secretly a mentally insane killer with time to spare for smashboards.com, I'm havin' a friend over too anyways, I've told him legends of all y'alls crazy techniques and strange edge grabbing ways. Try and get Kenny over here too, my friend plays Fox alot, so I'd like him to see a truly powerful one, as it were. If not, no worries, I JUST WANNA HOOK IT UP WITH SMASH FOR GOD'S SAKE. Haha. Peace.

Liquid_Penguin

Smash Rookie
And lastly, although I wrote a godforsakenly long post above, I must say to peach's pan: "Yes, god yes!. I've heard fables of your powerful peach, and I must play you. Come, and teach me the true ways of the technical peach. I know nothing amazing with her, and I'd love to learn from you." Seriously, I know I probably suck, and if that's so then help me out man! Come down with zeal if you can, that'd be rad. He has my number so...however that works.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
lol w/e liquid lets just play sometime. im really not in the mood for arguing for ever point you said that i dont agree on. Well there is one thing i would want to say. Dont forget about how rivals work out, just because you were close to kenny in your matches with him doesnt mean anything. Cuz peach ***** fox. Anyways hm ill have to play you with marth sometime then and also, you played like 1/4 of my friends at that tournament. Well now that the ssbm Co has changed since you've been gone, show us what you got. oh and some of the people on my team you havent played. The only person you played was kenny....

Anyways guys ive been working on my marth lately and ive seen how sloppy i play..So ive decided im mixin up my marth a bit. Less wd, less dd, more prediction, and ect that im not going to mention hehehe. Anyways im thinking about throwing something just for invited people only. im thinking, peach's pan, bluemycon, mikezor, el_lovo, interimofzeal, liquid penguin and like mabe cell or blue idk. but check your pm's cuz you might get in invite when i get this thing planned out.

p.s. liquid penguin im not mad at the world lol.... but just dont expect to much of your skill to be good.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Liquid_Penguin said:
And lastly, although I wrote a godforsakenly long post above, I must say to peach's pan: "Yes, god yes!. I've heard fables of your powerful peach, and I must play you. Come, and teach me the true ways of the technical peach. I know nothing amazing with her, and I'd love to learn from you." Seriously, I know I probably suck, and if that's so then help me out man! Come down with zeal if you can, that'd be rad. He has my number so...however that works.
I have to say that was a very inspiring post! I would actually love to play you some time, it's just I have a huge piano competition a week from this saturday, so I have very small free time right now (practicing 3 hours a day) :dizzy: After that, though, I will have a bunch of free time on my hands.
Best of wishes!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wait... David, you play piano?

That explains SO MUCH! XD

Try and pick up IC's, yo. They're seriously teh roxxorz, and you should be able to play them fairly well. Hehe, mebbe I'll train you up on them next time we get together.

Liquid, I'm up for playin' ya tomorrow, but I dunno about bringing a friend. I'll pm Peach's Pan with your number, and I'll try to call around noon. Just so you know, I'll be in town from about 4-9:30pm. I might be wrong about the earlier time, and I might actually have an extra 30 minutes after 9:30. But yeah, that's the general timeframe. When I call you, I'll let you know for sure.

I'm not making any johns, but I might not be able to do much against you tomorrow. I have an ubAR headcold, that has been pwning my soul. My cousin, who was beaten up pretty badly by people I managed to own, has been beating me somewhat consistently the past few days, because of how badly my technicals skills decline when I'm sick. If you give me like... 10 minutes prior to a match to warm up my technicals though, I should be alright. ^_^

Still, I like this kid, for his madd trash talking. No joke. XD

Also, no offense to him, but Kenny's skill has kinda been declining, due to negligence. Victor, your crew is lazy, yo.

Lovo, you haven't played him. He'd have nightmares about Link. XD

the Marronator

Smash Ace
:laugh: Why does me playing the piano explain so much? And why should I pick up IC's again? :dizzy:
Oh, and btw, I won't be able to do anything tomorrow. I already have a jam packed day.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Piano=Technical Skill

Your technicals are pretty good. XP

ICs because Desynch is so much easier when the brain can act on two different levels (i.e. doing melody on one hand, countermelody on the other).

meleemarth

Smash Ace
InterimOfZeal said:
Also, no offense to him, but Kenny's skill has kinda been declining, due to negligence. Victor, your crew is lazy, yo.
NAh i dont think so hehehe mabe just kenny. Eh considering hes gotten his wisdom teeth pulled out, i really would see why he wouldnt want to play. Anyways our crew works fine, lovo practices a lot and same with mikezor and me. eh dont forget kenny and mikezor play at school. anyways IC's are lame...sry ferdi

the Marronator

Smash Ace
InterimOfZeal said:
Piano=Technical Skill

Your technicals are pretty good. XP

ICs because Desynch is so much easier when the brain can act on two different levels (i.e. doing melody on one hand, countermelody on the other).
Oh, now I see. Well my fingers are certainly faster after playing the piano. I'll think about picking up the IC's. Right now they are one of the only character I can't play too well as.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Actually, kenny hasnt played at my school for more than a week, even tho i bring the gc every day now. Its basically me shawn and kyle.

And when shawn or kyle beats him, he says he wasnt trying or it was because he doesnt practice at home.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hmm, well I hope kenny continues playing. He's the one who introduced me to smash boards, and he still is pretty good.

Haha, we should rename johns kennys :laugh: just joking

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Kenny <3's johns.

I didn't know he had his wisdom teeth pulled. >_>

In that case, I don't blame him for not practicing.

Btw, Sebastian (Liquid) and I played last night. I can safely say that if L-Cancelling didn't exist, he'd own me six ways sideways to Chicago. He's pretty good without technicals, though he does still have tendencies. The only thing that kept me from gauging his skill properly was items... Yeah, they were on the whole time, and led to a few 5 stocks on his part. >_>;;;

But I still won when I busted out my mains, so it's all good. Sebastian is a good guy overall.

Even if he uses items. T_T

David, might you be up for meeting up sometime next weekend? I'm not sure where you live, but I could find out, and letcha know when we can hang out around Tuesday.

Also, I'd like to get a smashfest together, and then start having our crew get together weekly, if possible, until CCCT. We could definately improve if we all played each other more. Ferdi and I could train your IC's, David, and you could help me (us?) with Peach. The reason for the smashfest is helping to decide in our fourth crew member (pretty much whether Zero stays or goes).

Final note:

Sebastian, don't feel like you have to constantly change your person, simply because I change mine. It's just how I play, I won't hold it against you if you're Peach the whole time.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Next weekend....... hmmmmm.....
That is the weekend I have my huge piano competition. Right now, Sunday might work, but idk right now. I'll tell you later if sunday would work or not.

But the smash fest idea sounds pretty good, even though it might not work every weekend for me. <_<

Haha, were the items on very high? Because that usually ends up going into a huge item chasing fest where you don't fight your opponent but rather get items.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Im from Draungo CO, we have quite a big crew here that plays SSBM and we actually hold 1 tournament every month. Dunno but if you all are in the area and intrested you should check it out. I put up a thread called "4 Corners Area blah blah blah" check it out

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Textbook Ninja said:
Im from Draungo CO, we have quite a big crew here that plays SSBM and we actually hold 1 tournament every month. Dunno but if you all are in the area and intrested you should check it out. I put up a thread called "4 Corners Area blah blah blah" check it out
thats kool lol, but anyways are you going to go to the ccct?(colorado cutthroat console tournament)?? the people here on smashboards are the best players you'll see in this state..so we hope to see you come to this and dont forget to pre-register with your friends. heres the link www.ccct2k.com

Liquid_Penguin

Smash Rookie
Durango, eh? I actually used to live up there. Well, almost, I was out at CTA (if you know what that is). I might be in the area in a few weeks, if so, we should hook it up.

Also: The items were on medium or low, I can't remember... and don't worry, I don't feel obligated to change my character, it's just that I don't have a "main" besides Peach (I suppose) and that'll never change if I don't keep using every character 'till I find a good fit.

Top Bottom