• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

meleemarth

Smash Ace
yeah im thinking ill throw something this coming saturday so give me some feed back. Its probably invites only so heres who im thinking, ferdi, david, rafa, tony, kenny, durango players, and thats all i can think of right now. Oh and im thinking probably ill only let rafa,kenny, and mabe tony(i said mabe cuz your on another crew xp)stay over....well also im thinking could anyone bring a tv????

last, how did everyone do at david's mini smash fest today?

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Well the smash fest today went pretty well and was tons of fun. Sorry you couldn't make it roy-man!

I was playing fairly well today UNTIL we started taping matches. Pretty much the same goes for tony. Hehe, Ferdi, however, almost got better when we started taping and was destroying us in the vids. I started to play better after a while, and I was up to my standard by the last match that was taped (however it was cut off when tony bumped the gamecube and the power plug fell out).

Overall, I feel like I was winning most of my peach/g&w matches. Some comments:
Ferdi: OMG you were comboing like a mad man. Your falco was evil.
Tony: You were doing really well too. Hehe, you might want to choose a main though-or even a group of mains that you use.

:( The only problem I have is that I didn't get a 9 off the entire time exept for once, and that was cheating....

Wow, I sort of really don't want to see these videos. I felt like I was playing like crap exept for the last one....

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
peach's pan said:
I was playing fairly well today UNTIL we started taping matches.
Amen amen. I am a second witness to state that there is a curse among certain smashers that once a tape starts rollin', smash performance levels drop. It doesn't affect everybody (in fact some have the opposite effect). I remember one day I was 3-stocking a crew member repeatedly. Once we pushed record on the VCR... ... ... I lost.

Curse the curse!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I actually performed better when we started taping...and all I really wanted to do was show off! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I need to see those vids of myself, cause it seems that other people's Falcos are alot faster than when I'm playing Falco myself, it might be that my mind is playing with me idk

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
you taped matches eh, **** i wish i could've gone.

---- i was bored and made myself a new sig, check it out v v v

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
i took some shots with a crappy camcorder thing and then used photoshop to put in the colors. I had to add the teeth though.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Well, I've captured the video to my computer... there's just a tiny problem.

The videos are running slower than the matches actually were. They play at perfect speed on the camcorder, but when I run them on the computer, it's going about 3/4th speed. If anyone knows what to do about this, lemme know.

Also, Ferdi, David, do you guys want music instead of regular ol' smash, and if so, what type of music?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
If I have a song I'll send it to you, David will too, but we need to know how long each matches are, and I still need the pic of IC's you have Tony, for our crew banner

And Tony, I think you should post the problem in the videography forum and see if there is something that the people here can to to help you fix the slow-down

meleemarth

Smash Ace
hehe i have some of the best techno lol most of my stuff is techno... lol and guys if you said these vids sucked then please oh god please dont post them.....

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Ya, tony, hehe I don't really want you to post the first few vids of me vs ferdi. Actually, could you mabe send me the raw video? If you would do that then I could decide if you could post these or not.... you could just upload it to yousendit or just e-mail it to me at themarronator@yahoo.com

K

knglAZ

I'd be up for seeing dave playing badly and maybe losing for once. I say post'em

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
See my above post about the slow-down thing, and yes Tony, you should post all the vids, that way David can learn to improve what he did badly against me and I can learn what I should've done in order to 4 stock him in that first match.

Uploading should be done in one of the sites provided here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=64106

I also recommend using either rapidshare.de or zupload.com because some of us might want to download the vids and save them on our hard drives, yousendit has a limit of 10/20 dl(not sure which) and 7 days until the file gets deleted while zupload and rapidshare has 30 days and unlimited dl's. Rapidshare has a limit of 30 mb of dl for each user per hour though.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'll getcha the IC pics tonight, yo.

I'll ask for help via videography tonight as well.

Also, all vids are going up, simply because we should see the bad, too. If I didn't post the videos where I did poorly, I wouldn't have any. XD

the Marronator

Smash Ace
:laugh: rofl! Well, I guess you can post the vids tony. People are probably going to tell me what I already know I was doing wrong, but you can do it anyways. I'm still laughing at the last match we had because that was like the only match I was doing really well in. The curse of the camera....

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I asked the question on Videography... I'm waiting for help. Unless you'd LIKE to look like you're moving about 7/10th's your actual speed.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
or you could just send it to ghetto since he lives right behind me and hes got a video editing program hehe. he makes vids that have words, camera affects etc.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Can't you just do that in WMM? cause I can add music, camera effects, adding a title screen, credits, edit out clips, add text maybe, all I need is the vid but I have NO idea if Ghetto nor I can fix the problem in lagging from the camcorder/Tony's computer.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'd do that, Victor, but the problem is that he can't make the quality better. Speeding it up shouldn't be too hard, but fixing the quality is the issue here.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Well i feel bad for the rest of the Co smash scene cuz you guys really should try as hard as you can to not let me and lovo play together anymore. Wow within 2 days our mindgame got rediculously better and etc. But anyways we filmed some matches and they'll be up soon tonight or tomorrow. These vids that we recorded are pretty good i guess but they're nothing after ghetto left and me and lovo had some 1vs1 time. hehehe i guess Co will just have to play as to find out.

p.s. david, lovo is gonna rip your face in!

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hehe, I bet lovo will rip my face in ^_^; I havn't been able to play too much lately.

But thats cool you guys got some vids. Hopefully they'll be up soon....and they probably will be like 1000 times better than my vids :laugh:

meleemarth

Smash Ace
some of them will be up tonight but there was a lot of messin around so ghetto is going to put the ones he thinks are good up. First however, they will have to be filtered by me because you cant trust him lol. Anyways hopefully these vids will be good to you guys.

p.s. beware my maio

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Awww....... Only putting up the good matches? Pshaw.

Btw, David, Ferdi, I fixed them. I'll be segmenting the clips within the next few days. Once I figure out how long the matches are, I'll post them.

Winner of each match gets final say on music or no.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Well...I guess this is as good for a time as ever, I am announcing that I will pick up Yoshi and Sheik. So in order it is:
1.Falco
2.IC's/Falcon
3.Samus/Sheik
4.Yoshi

the Marronator

Smash Ace
The_Wind_Waker8 said:
I haven't been here in a while...
So where are most of these tournaments held? Are there any in Colorado Springs?
There is the giant tournament called CCCT coming up. Every one in colorado is comeing to it, and even some out of state people are coming. You should check it out and see if you could go because if your going to go to any tournament, this is the one to go to. Go to this thread to learn more: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=63961

Btw, ferdi thats cool you are picking up more characters. Mabe I should pick up another :ohwell:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Ferdi, picking up Yoshi? Wtf? XD

I <3 my crew. We dabble, and it's hella fun. XP

You guys up for some smash sometime soon? When is your Spring Break?

Top Bottom