• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
The thought occurs that now I am ready to go, but don't remember Chap's, or Nite's, real names, and would not want to make a fool of myself. Therefore, I'm not going until I remember at least one.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
That works. Smash still going on, or should I just wait until tomorrow?

Also, if smash still occurs, any more cubes needed?

B

BigChiefFox

Lets do this!

Sweet, this is Natis Rue's partner in crime. We're all for dropping by and ready to brawl. Just tell us when and where.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
I have strange urge to call you a n00b becuase its been a long time since ive called someone that....hmmm ill put it this way HI N00B!

N

Natis_Rue

In need of directions

We're both at my dorm at the moment ready to go as soon as we can get some directions on where this is being held.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
If you guys really want to test your skill, just wait for the summer struggle july 28th. We're all going to be there and then you can take a shot any of us.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Except Yang isn't a very good sample of CO's Competitive Smash Scene(OMG CAPS!). Anyway, I'll be there tomorrow, and totally rusty. I've been playing GG a lot more lately, mainly because Ryan actually likes it, and is willing to practice when I'm not here. Still, I'll be a badass when the time comes for the Struggle.

N

Natis_Rue

Hmmm Summer Struggle

Sounds like fun, its gonna be great to fight against some skilled players for once. You have no idea how dead Wyoming is when looking for competition. One more reason I'm looking forward towards Smash Brawl's online capabilites. By the way does anyone here have a recorded movie of their playing abilities. Just like to see what I'm up against. Oh and as for next week I'm down for a battle. I have classes Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but I am free anytime else. :chuckle:

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Soooooooo... are you coming to the smashfest tomorrow?

Btw, I work until 5:30, not 4:30, so I'll be there a little later.

EDIT: About 5:40ish, yo. Nite/Chap, you live in the PERFECT location.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
There are videos of me, go on the hub and search meleemarth and you'll find some old ones. heh im sure they'll still surprise you guys. Or just let someone else show you their vids, and you can just fight me at the cs.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
We took some vids yesterday for a small tournament. I'm waiting for them to be put up on Youtube or something, which should be soon...maybe.

On a different note, does anyone want to come over to my house some time this week? it was a pain getting my dad to take me to Nite+Chap's house and he said that he probably won't do it again for a long time. :( Any night is fine and I could let people stay overnight.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
1756 S Yamp Way
Aurora Colorado

There is the address though I doubt you'll make it now. You should've looked for it, it was 2 pages back. If Tony stays for an STD you could just stay all night here and there will still be like 4 other people to play.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'd be up for taking a group of people up to Ben's sometime this week to smash and stay the noche. Anything but Wednesday or Friday work for me. That'd cover me and 3 peeps, so if anyone else wanted to, we'd need a second transporter.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Someone take him up on this! I just checked with my dad and Thursday is the day he said would be optimal schedule-wise. I live kind of far away so make sure you don't have to leave super early in the morning or anything.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, a note, if we left Thursday, as seems optimal, we'd have to leave around 2ish, as I have work until 1. So we'd probably get there around 4 or so.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
yeah i haven't really been active....cuz i can't get rides and stuff and i work. Natis if u and ur roomate wanted to come to my house or something to smash thurs, fri, or sat if nothing is going on those days then let me know since i need to play people!.

N

Natis_Rue

how about thursday

I'm up for Thursday, what time would you be available then? Oh, and just on a side note what char do you play? I usually use either Falco, Shiek/Zelda, and Captain Falcon.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
my main is marth, i can play as other people but they're just mediocre i think and bascially i should be availble the whole day, i just gotta tell my parents. If anything goes wrong i'll post. Btw i'm 16 and chinese if u were wondering just so ur not totally clueless as to who i am.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hey Nite, you working on getting those videos from this weekend up yet? I want to see Mike's 0 to doom combo on the yoshi again!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Timotee said:
Hey Nite, you working on getting those videos from this weekend up yet? I want to see Mike's 0 to doom combo on the yoshi again!
I don't...

I realized my folly during that whole combo. I was so close to winning that I was playing ridiculously offensive with little to no defense. Mistake...I pretty much DI'd towards him the whole combo like a nub lvl 9 CPU. I could've avoided the finisher shot if I had just thought about air dodging at all, but I was being stupid.

I do want to get all of my matches to my computer though so I can start editing for a combo video. :) Yoshi makes for cool combos. :)

Hey is anybody going with Timotee to my house on Thursday? Guys reply please!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey Tim, I probably couldn't pay for gas to his house, but I could meet you at yours and carpool to his house, if you're cool with it. I might bring Ryan again, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll be working the hell outta my technicals over the next few days, because GG has upped my thinking ability, at the cost of my combos.

Erm... Nite/Rafa, totally post all of those videos. I need to start analyzing my problems, and fixing them. I figure videos of me vs Rafa after 5 days of no practice whatsoever should more than point out some of my problems.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
If I'm already planning on going, I don't need gas monies. I can take 3 or 4 people, depending on how crowded everyone can withstand, just need to find out who they are and what time we're leaving. Still thinking 3ish, that way I'll have time to clean up after work and for everyone to arrive.

Also, beyond the Ben-is-a-CPU-combo, I want to see my super tech moment again!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Why don't you guys come to Ben's? Natis, you should snag Yang and bring him up to Ben's. You could see a rawkin' Yoshi, a pretty slick Ness, and mah badass self, kickin' everyone (except Tim... he's weird) around with their own characters.

EDIT: Also, anyone that registered for OC2 should check their e-mails. They sent confirmations that need to be validated within 10 days if you want to go to everyone that pre-regged.

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
**** Tim and his amazing techs, also Ben you used your jump up in the beginning of the combo and ruined your chance at recovering.

Tim, I don't think it was 0 to death, but it was an awsome way to end the match. How many more people can you take? I might have an appointment this week to get my wisdom teeth removed but I don't know when since my mom hasn't even called yet, hopefully I can go.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So far it's just Tony and maybe Ryan, so if you wanna snag a spot, that's cool. Although I should issue the warning that I just remembered the AC doesn't work, so hope it's cloudy Thursday!

Stupid Jeep catching fire...

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
BlueMycon said:
yeah, i'd like to see some vids of everyone, tha'd be great. Hey Lovo, did those matches that you and i played at your house the other day ever get put up?
I know that they have some videos on Nite's PC, but his internet connection sucks and it would take him forever upload the videos.

*edit*
I can go, but my parents want Ben's phone number, address, and what time his parents would want us out.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
That sucks, but I reaaaaaalllyy want them! I don't need any editing done, the raw footage works for me. How about the hub or something?

Ok my adress and phone number are:
405 Oakwood Pl.
Boulder, CO

303-516-9856

And you could stay overnight if it so pleaseth thou.

N

Natis_Rue

I'll be able to drop by no problem as long as its close to the Denver area. I'm trying to get my other buddy up here as well, I don't think he is gonna want to miss this. Geez wish it were Thursday already! I'm way too hyped up for this. I'm free to stay for however long is necessary.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You're probably closer to Ben than you are Yang, plus there'll be more people. If it has to be one or the other, I'd recommend Ben's (sorry Yang!). If you can do both, snag Yang, then head to Ben's.

Btw, Ben, how far from CU are you? I need to drop something off with Chelsea, but if it's too far outta the way, then I'm not going to. =/

some guy named Mike

Smash Cadet
I should try going to his house downloading the videos and uploading them at my house, but he is really hard to get hold of by phone and I have no idea when he is home. But don't worry we will get the videos up, I'm already uploading some old ones and I'll give you guys the link when they are done.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Sorry Natis but I live in Northern Boulder. Is that too far? It's about an hour away from the middle of Denver, so I hope it still works out.

I'm not sure what your definition of close is Tony but you could probably make a stop there on the way out of or into town if you take a slightly alternate route.

Oh that's cool that your uploading them Mike, I really want to get my hands (eyes?) on some.

OH yeah I forgot to tell you guys bring cubes and TVs if you can. I only have one or two TVs available, and two is kind of iffy, and only one cube.

If you guys really want to I have DDR as well but one crappy pad so bring a pad or two if you want to play and not get frustrated.

N

Natis_Rue

Well how about this then. I'll shoot over to Yang's and play a couple of rounds. My friend should be arriving at Denver at around 6pm thursday. If he manages to make it we can all three swing up towards your place. (As long as Yang's got permission) I just don't trust taking my car anywhere at the moment since its a serious POS. Anyway we'd probly end up staying the night, and come back to Denver the following day. I also got plenty of gas money to spare so that won't be an issue. So give or take if everything goes according to plan we would be their at about 7, 8pm tops.

Top Bottom