• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
may i hitch a ride?
Sure thing, though I haven't exactly planned out when I'm going... since I don't know much ABOUT the tournament, hahahaha. I'll double post later on

I'll be at the gamestop premier tournament. It's free, but there's no smash. Anyone wanna be my friend for a couple hours?
There's another gamestop tournament? Meh. You should come to GameOn Tomorrow! I do miss my Tony!

And I'm here buddy! :D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Sure thing, though I haven't exactly planned out when I'm going... since I don't know much ABOUT the tournament, hahahaha. I'll double post later on

There's another gamestop tournament? Meh. You should come to GameOn Tomorrow! I do miss my Tony!

And I'm here buddy! :D
This is the one at the tournament store. Reps for Ninty, M$, and Sony are showing up, so I pretty much hafta be there.

BUT I'LL HAVE SOME NEW PC FIGHTERS FOR PEOPLE TO TRYYYYY!

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I may have to revoke my going. Turns out a neighbor who went out of town wanted me to take care of their house. They have pets, so I wouldn't be staying there for long if I DID go. So I'm fighting it out back and forward right now.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
I may have to revoke my going. Turns out a neighbor who went out of town wanted me to take care of their house. They have pets, so I wouldn't be staying there for long if I DID go. So I'm fighting it out back and forward right now.
Jamaaaaaal you should really come! Do it for me ;)

T

talarq

Doh I was about to leave in an hour but if Jamaal isn't going then no one will get picked up. And if no one gets picked up, I'm not sure if it's worth the drive. :(

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Doh I was about to leave in an hour but if Jamaal isn't going then no one will get picked up. And if no one gets picked up, I'm not sure if it's worth the drive. :(
Nooooooo! Now everyone is going to bail ;_;

Ok, well, I'm still going no matter what, so everyone should still come...

Edit: and plus, I've haven't played over9000 yet ;)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm about to leave. ^ ^

See the the two - three of you there. :p

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Jesus, is me not going breaking a whole chain of people? D: Well I'll go, but I'll be there for like 4-5 hours if I'm that loved <3
uh my phone is currently not working becuz the charger sucks, so i hope i can get it to work if not i'll be on aim. I'm assuming you are still going?

NVM GOT IT TO WORK

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hope game on went well.

I didn't get garou yet. I could, I guess. But you should try "Akatsuki Blitzkampf" and "Immaterial and Missing Power". They're pretty cool. Also, netplay. :D

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I had Immaterial and Missing Power. Then computer crashed! :D

Also, GameOn tournament = mega fail. GameOn = mega fail also. Well to be fair, maybe just the girl there who could use a lesson in customer, maybe just social, relations. But so is the nerd life, not nearly everyone can be socially able like us. :D

But seriously, if they hold any more tournaments, don't tell me about, I really don't wanna go back there. Rather, I'm pretty sure I straight up REFUSE to go back there.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I had Immaterial and Missing Power. Then computer crashed! :D

Also, GameOn tournament = mega fail. GameOn = mega fail also. Well to be fair, maybe just the girl there who could use a lesson in customer, maybe just social, relations. But so is the nerd life, not nearly everyone can be socially able like us. :D

But seriously, if they hold any more tournaments, don't tell me about, I really don't wanna go back there. Rather, I'm pretty sure I straight up REFUSE to go back there.
jammal i think my cellphone might have droped in your car could u check plz? if its there i'll come by and pick it up, i just need your address

OH yeah and about gameon.....a little taste of what it was like. Some of the rules consisted of 3 stock 5 min, no buttion moding, no using your own controlers, only neutrals - pokemon stadium, double blind pick infront of the oppenents, single elimination, no 2 out of 3 matches just 1 match. Finals 7 stock 10 min?. Yeah prolly never going there ever again. The only +side to the tourney was that they had free food and drinks which i got my 5$ worth

also the first name of the girl in star trek is Nyota jammal

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
And for the long-winded story, as I explained to my friend (so hence some of the over-explained stuff.)

Jamaal: So I pretty much now refuse to go back to the game store that held it. They are (well at least the girl who was servicing and running everything) some pretty soically inept people, and don't know how to run a tournament at all.

jounouchikun: oh god
what did they do

Jamaal: Well first, they start up the tournament, and make a ****ty bracket. Like so much that one guy basically has THREE byes into the tournament, making him semi-final round or so. Wtf? Furthermore, the tournament was single elimination, one round, 1v1. I note the 1v1 part, because everytime someone asked about single elimination, or out of how many rounds it is, she kept answering "It's just 1 v 1." Someone who wasn't even running the tournament had to answer it.

jounouchikun: LOL

Jamaal: We couldn't even change our controller schemes at all. Like all of us like to have Tap Jump (presing up on the joystick) off so we don't accidentally mess up and eat our own jump, but she wouldn't even let us do that. Woulda taken less than a minute to set up two tap-jump off names.
Basically, any suggest or question we had (even one guys question of "can we suggest some ideas?") was answered as a "No"
She then tells us that she only has an hour to run the tournament..
Seriously, an hour on a game store you own and isn't busy at all
And we can't even use our own controllers we brought. But yet, they say if anything is wrong with the controllers they provide, to tell them.
That's the EXACT point of bringing your own controller to a tournament. To make sure the user knows it works
(We asked about using our own controllers anyway, of course the answer was no)
Tournament starts, the controller is shoddy, but I don't even care by this point. A lot of people who shouldn't have lost, lost in the first round for tap jump and controller reasons.
So we play free-play Brawl for a while
Then we decide to change the game to Melee
We're playing for a while, and then the girl who's overseeing everything says "What are you guys doing?" Comes over, and turns off the system.
And then says "Don't change the games without permission, ask one of us." And then she asks some other guy, maybe he owns the store, if it was okay, and he looks as confused as us about the outbreak of actions and says it's perfectly fine.
So we gotta turn it back on and start up the game again.

jounouchikun: LOL God
that girl is ********

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, probably the worst thing ever. T____T

I'd blame Underload (notice how he conveniently won), but I'm not sure we'll ever see him again. I didn't understand his Polish ramblings with his parents - but I hope he's not grounded for next week or anything.

Underload

Lazy
It's all been said already. The lady had no makeup on, no social skills, no people skills, and definitely no respect. Obviously not the smartest of people, horrible TO.

There was one TV; a nice one, I must say. We could only play on Smashville, FD, and BF from what I saw; 5 minute timer, 1 match, couldn't use custom controls or our own controller, double blind in front of the opponent, it was just WOW...

She said we only have an hour to run the tournament, but in actuality we were there for ~2 hours with the tourney and just ******* around before they kicked us off for Rock Band. Marronator asked to make it double elim and she said no, I asked to make it 2/3 and she didn't even reply, just walked away. There was even another Wii stacked on top of the one we were using, AND another TV behind the couch we were sitting on, AND AN ELECTRICAL OUTLET READY TO BE USED. So why no double elim? Well, blame the c$nt of a TO.

There were two brackets; an 8 person one with every Smash regular in it, and then a 2nd one with 3 people in it, all ****ty players iirc. I got through the bracket fair and square, no byes or forfeits or anything like that, and was expecting a Grand Finals match between me and the guy in the other bracket.

Nope. She comes from behind the counter with two envelopes labeled SSBB, hands one to each of us and says "Congrats", or something like that. 25 dollars for each of us. I'm happy at first because I just got paid for the first time in my Smash endeavors. After we get our cash, she orders us to play 7 stock, no timer as a Grand Final. I went Diddy and got Norfair on random, and I kicked the **** out of the guy (a CF player). 6 stocked him. Yeah, that was the Grand Final. 1 game, 7 stock, Norfair. Hopefully people can consider me to be the legit winner of that tourney, and not co-winner.

Then I went totally rebel-style and drove in Meno's car to Tony's mess of a house to play Smash for the last 2 hours or so of my day. Tony taught me A LOT about Melee, thanks dude.

And now for props + slops time!:

Props:
Laughed a lot and got to know CO smashers a lot better.
learned a ton of Melee stuff.
got 25 dollars for 3 matches.
Got a partner for C3T (Mr. Marronator)

Slops:
Horrible ruleset.
The TO should be forbidden from ever hosting a tournament, like, ever.
Lost 5 dollars in a MM in Melee :(
Didn't have the time to get a hot dog.

Meno is my favorite person for driving me around to Tony's house and back on such short notice.

Tony's my 2nd favorite person for being a loud motherf*cker and teaching me some Melee tricks.

YANG CHARGING HIS SMASHES IS NOW A MEME.

Yea, probably the worst thing ever. T____T

I'd blame Underload (notice how he conveniently won), but I'm not sure we'll ever see him again. I didn't understand his Polish ramblings with his parents - but I hope he's not grounded for next week or anything.
Yes, because I was totally having a steamy affair with the TO to secure my winning.

I was kind of being grim with the whole parental situation, my mom was cool with me going to tournaments and was ecstatic when I told her I won 25 bucks. Told her about C3T and says she's fine with me doing whatever, since it's summer. But now I have to win money at every tourney I go to o_________O

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd still go - I've been getting too accustomed to wifi lately, so a smashfest would do me some good.

I couldn't even do my little chaingrabs today.

the Marronator

Smash Ace

QFT

There were two brackets; an 8 person one with every Smash regular in it, and then a 2nd one with 3 people in it, all ****ty players iirc. I got through the bracket fair and square, no byes or forfeits or anything like that, and was expecting a Grand Finals match between me and the guy in the other bracket.

Nope. She comes from behind the counter with two envelopes labeled SSBB, hands one to each of us and says "Congrats", or something like that. 25 dollars for each of us.
But this is the best part! (sarcasm) I was sort of confused when some scrub who won a 3 man bracket got the same cash out as a guy who won an 8 man bracket with good players and stuff. srsly

Marronator where are you? q.q
Ummmm, so I tried calling the phone number you gave me a while back (303-579-0904), but, well, basically I had an awkward conversation with some guy twice who angrily hung up on me XD So I felt it would be even more awkward if I showed up at some house without any prior warning I'd be showing up...

Oh, and thanks to tony for hosting us and not making an hour drive quite so worthless. Also thanks to underload for the 5 bucks :chuckle: You can win it back once you're better at melee :)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
lololol

My house will be cleaner when I have more than 13 minutes to prepare for like... 12 people.

No problem, Underload. I looooooooooove teaching people how to play. You should look at AlphaZealot's Melee articles, in the General Discussion portion of the Melee boards. Same for you, Moblin.

MENOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we didn't play. Sad times.

Moblin, we can play sometime this week, if no one else will. Definitely want to get more melee practice in.

ALSO, DON'T FORGET ABOUT GENESIS MONIES! IS COMING UP IN LIKE... TWO WEEKS! I NEED TO SET ASIDE NAO!

But yeah, hella fun day for me. Laid back ******* around at gamestop, chillin' with Dan (WHO REALLY SHOULD HAVE A SMASHBOARDS ACCOUNT!), and a totally rad impromptu smashfest at my house.

Needs moar mikezor.

Also, we ***** NM hard in Melee. Tim got 5th in Brawl. Jeris didn't enter Brawl, and I dunno if he will be anymore.

So yeah, Brawlololol, let's get you guys goin' again. Melee players, let's get better. I wanna **** at Genesis.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
QFT
Ummmm, so I tried calling the phone number you gave me a while back (303-579-0904), but, well, basically I had an awkward conversation with some guy twice who angrily hung up on me XD So I felt it would be even more awkward if I showed up at some house without any prior warning I'd be showing up...
My number is 303-579-0940 =x

I looked at when I gave you the number and it said I gave you the right number. Sorry about that weird experience though lol.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Hoo hoo hoo, get owned everybody that stayed in this state! Glad now that I did not give in to the urge to be lazy and stay here.

Also, long drives are loooooong. Lovo is a driving machine, though. Too good.

Underload

Lazy
No problem, Underload. I looooooooooove teaching people how to play. You should look at AlphaZealot's Melee articles, in the General Discussion portion of the Melee boards. Same for you, Moblin.
I forgot what you said about level 1 and 4 CPUs. All I remember is you saying to never go about level 4 while training. Care to refresh my pathetic short-term memory?

Top Bottom