• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

korgoth

Smash Rookie
i like pizza. but i dont like the idea of brawl+. finally realized its home brew nonsense. although no tripping would be nice and i'm sure its plenty fun to play. either way i dont take any video games serious enough to care. i just play brawl a lot because i find it fun. the technicality of a game doesn't matter to me , because either way you are given a set of tools that are equal to your opponents. finding ways to beat them in a simpler game just means you have to be more intelligent with the use of your options. A more complicated game means you need a better overall understanding of the game and a greater ability to use your tools.

*edit*
here's another pun-
two peanuts were walking down the road... when one was uh-salted.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
That's the thing, though. Brawl's metagame has been stagnant for at least 3 months now, and there wasn't much growth before then. The game revolves around camping, shielding and then instantly punishing whoever touches your shield (unless you're a crappy character, or the opponent is MK), and going back to zoning for the next poke. The risk/reward ratio in this game is TERRIBLE. I like B+ with hitstun and a few other additions just because it makes punishment an actual factor in the game. WDing and the like are stupid, and most of the community has abandoned that.

I don't like vanilla Brawl unless it's doubles play. At least there is some depth in that. Singles B+ is actually fun.

Fake Edit: This is Zeal.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Best B-****ty-never want to see-piece of *** movie of the year. It has that old people smell

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
So I played Legend of Princess. I was impressed, despite it's shortness (Of course, it was a mid-project project.) So I demo'd and then bought Noitu Love 2, since some guys on some other forums were chatting about it.

Really short, but still I'd say worth a measly $10. I had fun, very flashy, fast, and while Normal is too easy IMO, I still suggest the game to others.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
You suckers need to go to Genesis or I will kick all your *****.

Kash, when are you coming up to CO so we can finish our MM?

Assuming I don't just take your bailing on Fall Fighter as an auto-win for myself of course.
Why do you get to tell us what to play? Lemme know the next time you win some money playing maple story.

On a side note, I reject all money matches until my opponent decides to lick my balls. That was our standing arrangement with Kash anyways, I'm ok with someone filling his shoes.
Woah woah woah... woah.

I remember no agreement to ball licking.

Get owned Nite!

push up money match
I'm down.

best rap ever lets make an album yang :}
nice beat ken

also yang can I have the accapella I want to remix it XD
Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're far too kind

That's the thing, though. Brawl's metagame has been stagnant for at least 3 months now, and there wasn't much growth before then. The game revolves around camping, shielding and then instantly punishing whoever touches your shield (unless you're a crappy character, or the opponent is MK), and going back to zoning for the next poke. The risk/reward ratio in this game is TERRIBLE. I like B+ with hitstun and a few other additions just because it makes punishment an actual factor in the game. WDing and the like are stupid, and most of the community has abandoned that.

I don't like vanilla Brawl unless it's doubles play. At least there is some depth in that. Singles B+ is actually fun.

Fake Edit: This is Zeal.
ok not to be an ******* or anything but why dont you guys (meaning everyone that likes brawl + ) just simply give up on that game and play melee its not going to get boring its amazing and still fun to play besides we all still play and we are starting to play even more we meaning nite, erg, jeris, rafa, ME. and el chap-o when he feels like it and last i checked ferdi was still good
not alot of people have the game arent you the only one that has it ?maybe tim too?
but anyways i heard you can jab lock at like 0% and a falcon punch is an instant kill its sounds like its a bad game

WHAT YOUVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.......

MY RAP IS DONE.

Here the link...i had alot of fun making this took about an hour or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pULP2m3ZE90

big thanks to ken for the beat
Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're far too kind

Now can I get an encore
oh the LULZ

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I still play brawl because I find it amusing/fun, though I know I'm in the minority. I played melee for a long time, I'd just rather play new games at this point. I'm sure doing better at it doesn't hurt anything either. Also, because my brain still gets the two confused despite the totally different arts, I get really bad at either after playing one of them. So I'll just watch you guys continue to be awesomes, and be like "daaaamn, get tippered more" during fox dittoes.

Also, Yang's rap is my favorite ever. I'm going to go kill eminem and give his money to yang, since he deserves it more.

Also, I like chocolate cherry coke! And the beagle now has no balls.

Top Bottom