• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, I'm travel to New Mexico for a big tournament that has Smash in it. I'm driving there and i have three 2 spots open in my car. im going to rent the car but any who rides with must pay for the gas. That seems pretty balance to me. Just let me know if you want to go. Obviously you must bring money for hotel and food but as the first C3 team to go out of state we will have some funds for us to eat and stuff.

Jin X

Smash Cadet
DancingFighterG said:
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, I'm travel to New Mexico for a big tournament that has Smash in it. I'm driving there and i have three 2 spots open in my car. im going to rent the car but any who rides with must pay for the gas. That seems pretty balance to me. Just let me know if you want to go. Obviously you must bring money for hotel and food but as the first C3 team to go out of state we will have some funds for us to eat and stuff.
id love to take the first slot, btw when is it?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
hmm. guess i can't go cuz i work and my parents probably would say no anyways.

****, i still have to ask my dad if i can go to david's place,

David- if i can go what time can we get there

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. This is going to be great. SC3 tournament on the June13, out of state tournament on the 16-17 and then the summer struggle. Busy month!!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Cool, I just change the order of the car so now it can fit five people so if another Smash players wants to go speak up now: Here's who is in the car now:

Don (SC3 and Guilty Gear)
DFG (SC3 and Guilty Gear)
Jin X (Smash)
Zeal (Smash)
?

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
I love how Simna just appears out of nowhere and post things like "YEAAAHHHHH"

Btw Tony, G-Reg is a reserved nickname for G-regulate, unless you're talking about him everyone else calls DancingFighterG DFG
>.>
<.<

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Greg, not g-reg, sorry for the lack of capitalization.

No Europe, loan was DENIED!

Soooooo... How much is this gonna run me up, Greg?

Simna's a dork. XD

meleemarth

Smash Ace
DFG when is it? if its in June or after the 24th of this month ill go! i wouldnt my whippin up on nm xp! and your paying for food or something? also is 60$ enough for the whole trip?

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, I just realized that I have a wedding to go to. I got my dates mixed up. I can't go now. Sorry about that.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
El_LoVo said:
hmm. guess i can't go cuz i work and my parents probably would say no anyways.

****, i still have to ask my dad if i can go to david's place,

David- if i can go what time can we get there
I am open most of saturday. I am pretty sure you can't spend the night :( sorry! I have tennis pretty early the next day.

And tony...WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE HERE? It would be nice if you could tell us so that Lovo can show up around the time you are coming here. And bloshi, I want you to come to if possible.

see ya guys.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Ferdi my sig will always pwn your sig and so will jin's so deal with it. And if you make another samus one im gonna officially own you in the nuts. Seriously stick to your characters n00b. lol jk but serious no samus!

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Nice, Ferdi! I can't make sigs lol because my computer doesn't have photoshop.

And that would be fine bloshi.

Actually, idk if people can stay over night yet, but I will find out soon. The tennis thing might be in the afternoon. And btw, with summer coming up, I'll be doing tennis about every week day. Just wanted to mention that. I really want to make varsity in the tennis program at my school next year so I don't have to do idiotic junior varsity drills -_-

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I can be there about 3ish, yo. Also, if there's overnight, could I? If not, I -might be able to pull an STD with you, Rafa. Maybe.

Also, Kenny, just in case I don't catch you on AIM, I can come Friday. Would you be up for an STD that day? I'm trying to get used to playing humans again.

Here's to hoping this weekend doesn't burn me out on SSBM!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Vic: At least I can make sigs =P and I really don't give a crap if anyone is better, I KNOW there is ALWAYS someone better, all I have to do is improve.

Jin: it was more like:
Step One:
Create a new file 400x150 with a white background.

Step Two:
Create a new layer. Pull out some of your grunge brushes (there are a lot of sets out there) Start brushing in this layer with black. Fill the layer up.

Step Three:
Now do a motion blur on the layer:
Motion Blur Settings
Linear
Length: 256
Angle: 0,
Do another motion blur on the layer
Angle to 180

Step Four:
Create a new layer now switch to white and start brushing this layer with white grunge. Fill it up like you did the black one.

Step Five: Now do a motion blur on the layer:
Motion Blur Settings
Linear
Length: 256

Repeat this step but change the
Angle to 180
Set the layer mode to overlay.

Step 6: Crete a new layer brush a little black and a little white.
Now do a motion blur on the layer:
Motion Blur Settings
Linear
Length: 125
After the motion blur do a Gaussian blur on the layer
Set the strength to 15
Set the layer mode to overlay.

Step 7
(Creating The Color Balance Layer):
Ok create a new layer render some clouds. Filers>Render>clouds>solid noise
Step 8:
Click Layer>colors>color balance.
Play around with the settings till you get a color you want.

Ok Class you have now created a base. You can use this base for any grunge backgrounds you do from here on out. Just change the color balance layer.

Creating the Grunginess

Step one:
Create a new layer. Pull out some grunge brushes. Set your color to black and start brushing. Switch brushes a lot. Fill the layer up but don't get to dark. This part takes some practice so have fun and play around with it. Once you have brushed the layer to your likings set the mode to overlay.

Step Two:
Repeat step one but set the color to white.

Step Four:
Repeat Step one than step two just don't brush as much. When you are brushing black avoid getting to dark and when brushing white avoid getting to light. It takes practice, but if you practice enough you will get a great looking background.

Step Five: Create another color balance layer. Change the color to what ever you want!

From this point on you can repeat the black layer step, than white layer step, than color balance step till you get it the way you want it. Just remember switch brushes, and brush sets a lot. You can paint once with a brush than switch and paint once and switch. Also be careful not to get to light or to dark. Play around with it.

But I screwed it up and had to resize =D well...I didn't really mess it up, but rather smashboard's sig dimension limit screwed me over and made me need to resize

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hey guys try to plan for the tournament on June 3rd because thats when kenny and I are going to go. So mabe we could make tha bi-weekly a good tournament!

Top Bottom