• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
You are the laziest kid ever roman i mean its like a 4 minute ride oh and CAAAAAAAPPPPTAAAAAAAAAIINNNNNNNN
FFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Graceful

Smash Rookie
You are the laziest kid ever roman i mean its like a 4 minute ride oh and CAAAAAAAPPPPTAAAAAAAAAIINNNNNNNN
CAAAAAAAPPPPTAAAAAAAAAIINNNNNNNN

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You missed a ] in your sig, lovo.

KNUUUUUUUCKLLLLLLLLE JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOE

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Aw, I was gonna be cool and pick someone up.

I'm assuming I should bring a cube, unless I hear otherwise before I leave!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Look who didn't make the cut for brawl...

\effect\fighter\ef_mewtwo.pac, size:128 off:2AB67460
\effect\fighter\ef_dr_mario.pac, size:128 off:2A9536C0
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_sheik.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF4A0
\effect\fighter\ef_toon_zelda.pac, size:128 off:2ADBF520
\effect\fighter\ef_roy.pac, size:128 off:2AD02780
\effect\fighter\ef_dixie.pac, size:128 off:2A940A20
\effect\fighter\ef_pra_mai.pac, size:128 off:2AC9DE40

those are files on the disc. pra mai = plusle and minon.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You have to mess with your resolution settings, and look into getting new drivers for your video card, Chap.

And wow, the brawl boards are ridiculous. People thinking characters should be banned already (It was Mookie Rah talking about ROB), people making tiers, and whining. Holy poop, the game hasn't been out a week, they're all so anxious to get their names out in this board so maybe someone will remember them. It are funny/sad.

Though, if items, especially final smashes, are on in tourneys, I'm banning FD against Marth.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
You have to mess with your resolution settings, and look into getting new drivers for your video card, Chap.

And wow, the brawl boards are ridiculous. People thinking characters should be banned already (It was Mookie Rah talking about ROB), people making tiers, and whining. Holy poop, the game hasn't been out a week, they're all so anxious to get their names out in this board so maybe someone will remember them. It are funny/sad.

Though, if items, especially final smashes, are on in tourneys, I'm banning FD against Marth.
Why would items or FS be in tourneys? That would make no sense, especially with how unbalanced the final smashes are. They all look cool but some are clearly better than others.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Items would be on because they haven't been proven to cause random gameplay yet. They were on in melee until enough people got screwed by exploding containers to say it was the end. Final smashes might be on because it isn't entirely random who gets them, though they'll probably be off before long.

Items themselves aren't why items are off, igneous. Having your foe in a combo that ends with you destroying an explosive barrel and dying is.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Items would be on because they haven't been proven to cause random gameplay yet. They were on in melee until enough people got screwed by exploding containers to say it was the end. Final smashes might be on because it isn't entirely random who gets them, though they'll probably be off before long.

Items themselves aren't why items are off, igneous. Having your foe in a combo that ends with you destroying an explosive barrel and dying is.
But isn't the whole point of items to give you a slight advantage? Even if their not entirely random they still seem kinda unfair to me. Es specially with characters like Marth who's FS is pretty much an instant kill.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
But isn't the whole point of items to give you a slight advantage? Even if their not entirely random they still seem kinda unfair to me. Es specially with characters like Marth who's FS is pretty much an instant kill.
items are fair if it is a free for all to get them. items of coarse in the game change the tier list due to some items maybe be better use with other different characters. As for FS it will not control the game very much. it is a little part of the game that i think will be important but wont win or loose the match cause you have a 1 hko fs.

back before all of you played smash when i played we used items in tourneys and that was a blast except by the dumb exploding pills and boxes. of coarse many items were banned because of things they did but i thought it was fun to have the items i mean it is a part of the game if you can't win with items on then you are not playing the game. like tim said though the random explosions is what caused them to get banned in mlg rules. but if there wasn't randomization in the item stuff like that in brawl it is likely they will stay.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
items are fair if it is a free for all to get them. items of coarse in the game change the tier list due to some items maybe be better use with other different characters. As for FS it will not control the game very much. it is a little part of the game that i think will be important but wont win or loose the match cause you have a 1 hko fs.

back before all of you played smash when i played we used items in tourneys and that was a blast except by the dumb exploding pills and boxes. of coarse many items were banned because of things they did but i thought it was fun to have the items i mean it is a part of the game if you can't win with items on then you are not playing the game. like tim said though the random explosions is what caused them to get banned in mlg rules. but if there wasn't randomization in the item stuff like that in brawl it is likely they will stay.
I guess that makes sense. I actually play with items all the time, I never played melee competitively but with how much I had items on I understood why they'd be off.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya they are only off because of boxes and capsules because they are random and they can't be turned off. If they could be turned off Smash would be a totally different game

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Final smashes will be banned quick, they're just too powerful for some. Items will probably have some resilience, or maybe the tourney scene will even split between item and itemless, who knows.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Final smashes will be banned quick, they're just too powerful for some. Items will probably have some resilience, or maybe the tourney scene will even split between item and itemless, who knows.
That would be kind of cool, having both Item and/or Final Smash tourneys and No Item tourneys.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Roman, is that you as "AzumaRikimaru" on my youtube comments? Cause it kinda looks like you so I'm not sure =/

Anyways, I hate gimpyfish, here's to owning him in brawl. And Hylian too.

Top Bottom