• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's technically fan service too.
Nobody believes me when I say this.
Only if it has those awesome mini games.

SPELT

Just in case you didn't see my text, are there any Spark videos? I suck at navigating Dustloop.
Yeah tranz basically covered it, but to make it easier:

http://www.youtube.com/pktazn1213

This has GFs and all of tokido's matches.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpanishFly120

And the rest that pktazn didn't get are here.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
POSTED FOR THE FIVE HUNDREDTH TIME!!!

GOOD DAMN THANK YOU!!!

**** I hate that vid now
I was the first to post that ****!!! Gloatgloat

But hey, I still think thats like, the coolest freaking thing ever. This is why goku can't be in smashbros.
It would actually be fun
He'd break the game beyond belief!

Oh btw, I'm happy sad. My sister moved outta our house after a year of staying here, and her boyfriend too. :< Man, my sis and I are freaking awesome. And Chazz (her BF) was amazing too. Were like twins man. Maximum dorkiness.

Totally gonna visit em like every week...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nobody believes it because their perceptions of what is defined as "fan service" is different.
...and wrong.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Tim went 2-2, Yang won his first pool but then got double peaced.

I don't understand what that means.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
*Smash on Sunday Aug 7th at my house. 12:00 noon - 6:00PM?. I have 2 TVs.
Please message me for my address.

Bees!

Smash Ace

I love his satire.

Also after that little drama post from Mr.Meleefanboy in the Colorado smash group my enthusiasm for learning the game has somewhat dwindled. This usually happens though. If it weren't for all of the angry posts I see on brawl vids by disgruntled melee players and the attitude people like that often display over a personal preference type argument. Its partly what has kept me out of the game as long as I have been. I don't hear Brawl players being ugly like this and never have. Its also sad to see some of the other seasoned melee players agreeing with such smobbery. Really makes me sad to what our part of THE SAME SCENE is viewed as by arrogance over something that is PURELY SUBJECTIVE. /rant

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I hate this thread so much.

Yang lost to Marn and Yipes back to back. Almost had sentinel comebacks both rounds against marn.

I lost because I was stupid and dropped combos on wolverine. Then I got drunk and yelled a lot. My throat hurts.

Why did I come back to 62 new emails :|

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
You have to realize that the melee fanboys feel very bitter towards brawl. Even though the preference is subjective, a person's ability to take a side in that subjectivity facilitates the mental transition of thinking that side is the best. But Melee players still agree that the only difference between the games should be subjectivity. So they wonder why everyone still plays Brawl.

Bees!

Smash Ace
You have to realize that the melee fanboys feel very bitter towards brawl.
Even though the preference is subjective, a person's ability to take a side in that subjectivity facilitates the mental transition of thinking that side is the best.
But Melee players still agree that the only difference between the games should be subjectivity. So they wonder why everyone still plays Brawl.
If it is subjective then they shouldn't wonder why people play brawl more. it just means those people enjoy the game/mechanics/scene more than they do with the melee scene.
I guess I get tired of people ****ting on Brawl players. It has been what has kept me out of melee more than anything. Why learn a game just to be in a scene where half the people are bitter, arrogant and ego-driven? I enjoy the benevolence of the Brawl scene where everyone tries to help one another and is pretty friendly. However the biggest reason I have entertained getting into melee is the Colorado Melee scene. They don't ever show that attitude towards me or Brawl. They don't like it but they don't act like a jerk about it. Main reason why I wanna learn the game. It would be fun to play with Roman, Kenny, Jerris, Tim, Mikezor and others that make the scene for melee so fun.

Rizen

Smash Legend
[FONT=&quot]Cuts to the military but no revenue increase by ending Bush era tax cuts?!!
G** **** it!!!!!!!
$#$^#&%&(*(@#%#$^&$$&*&%#^*^*$#$@@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/I'm just profoundly frustrated with all this.
[/FONT]

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Why would you ban YI if you were going Wolf?

Wolf becomes a high-tier character on YI.
I just noticed this, I linked my "How to beat Sonic" post to a friend and saw I never answered this.

Sonic has a stupid spin-dash thing that goes through my lasers depending on where I'm standing in regards to vertically on the stage, half of the match up is to keep moving while I laser, and since there are only truly 4-5 safe spots to land and laser where he can't get me with that stupid move, it's just easier to ban YI. Platforms don't necessarily help, I'd rather play on FD or BF than YI or even SV.

Also, I know that Sonic can do the stupid spin dash thing on Delfino, that's a bait, if you hit him with your laser or shine him, he'll fall into the water=easy spike.

Edit@ Arizen-I've read about it, I think it's okay they are waiting to figure out where to put the excess money, or hell, we as a government don't have any extra money to be spending, so not redirecting those funds makes a lot of sense to me, can't spend what you don't own.

Or, maybe you should be more specific in your complaints.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edit@ Arizen-I've read about it, I think it's okay they are waiting to figure out where to put the excess money, or hell, we as a government don't have any extra money to be spending, so not redirecting those funds makes a lot of sense to me, can't spend what you don't own.

Or, maybe you should be more specific in your complaints.
Well, like the chart shows https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...&sig=AHIEtbRcywaWLXYx-J7LpsQuOwoDDImwgA&pli=1 , the Bush era tax cuts to the wealthiest people in America are costing the government more than the total the Obama Administration has spent. Taxes are lower for the rich and corporations then they've proportionately been since the Reagan era.
Why does the government value these cuts more than programs vital to the USA like security and across the board spending cuts? The government won't make money by cutting programs; that's the point of taxes. People who make under $250,000 annually won't be affected at all.
Any government knows that taxes are necessary for it to function, so why do republicans insist on not stopping tax cuts, not increasing taxes, we're talking about eliminating cuts while wanting across to board spending cuts? Across the board cuts that would affect veterans benefits, social security that people have been paying into, and so on. Why are democrats going along with what 70% of the nation doesn't want? This article says it fairly well:
http://www.economist.com/node/18928600

It's crazy.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^^I was hoping for more replies, purple states (aka red+blue) have great political conversation potential. Sometimes I just need to vent. *shrug*

Nice combos MegaROBMan :) .

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
See, I have opinions but they seem to be the choir to your chirping, and I don't have any answers for you in those questions you ask, but I'm on board with your line of thinking.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Hmm what would I rather listen to, a melee vs brawl discussion or a political discussion?

*Points shotgun at self...*

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Or Mindwarp vs. Super Babies 2

If you want to retain your sanity, I recommend you refrain from watching either. Mindwarp sounds cool, but it is highly... disturbing. Super Babies is obviously just plain bad.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Good games Spelt. Good games.

It's great to get to see you play again, you've gotten a LOT better since when I last played you. :)

You're a great out-fighter: very patient, good with zoning and pokes. But when someone or something gets in your face, you seem to do a lot worse. Of course, this affects your combos (but it's online so take that combo part with a grain of salt), defense, and response a lot. You rarely do mix-ups and in turn you'll quickly escape to a safe zoning game. Great for Lambda, alright for Rachel, and bad for Jin, IMO. But that in-fighting will come with experience, so just don't be too afraid to really get in there and screw up a lot for gaining some knowledge.

Also, character focus, since I dunno who you're actually maining (but I assumed Jin). I also don't know how much you play whoever outside of our matches. But in case you ARE jumping around characters, just let it be in your mind :). You played pretty well with all of them.

Top Bottom