• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Color Costumes ..Does it matter

mario madman

Smash Cadet
...ive noticed when i play as dr mario(im almost always him)if i take the time to switch his costume to a certian setup i do better for me when im All black-aka Evil doc-i do better but if i use the red and pink-aka Ms dr mario(lol)-i suck ..i know its all in my head but does anything like this happen to you and if it does tell which one and why and if any one has an oposite one like my evil=good ms=bad plz tell thx

Smash Journeyman
...ive noticed when i play as dr mario(im almost always him)if i take the time to switch his costume to a certian setup i do better for me when im All black-aka Evil doc-i do better but if i use the red and pink-aka Ms dr mario(lol)-i suck ..i know its all in my head but does anything like this happen to you and if it does tell which one and why and if any one has an oposite one like my evil=good ms=bad plz tell thx
i kind of understand what your talking bout like i love to play my doc in his white never any other color or it to me will seem as though i either will have a bad match(not that that will happen)or i will not be focused on what im doing. i dont play doc in his other color even in team battles i play my fox or my falco for that,lol. sounds crazy but call it what you will i need my white doc:psycho:

mario madman

Smash Cadet
i know i dont think your nuts or did my post go in one ear out the other
..any way i must be blue if i do play doc in a team if not i pik mario or pikachu well any one else
?????

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
umm...I feel the same way with my costume choice. I gotta play pink Doc or I'll suck. It makes me think of him as a evil doctor whose coat was stained with the blood of his patients/victims. LOL.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I always play with Blue doc. Purple gloves/boots = mindgames

also w4ve I hope you don't take offense but you have one of the most awesomely bad signatures I've seen on the boards in a while...

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
i play as blue doc ALL the time, cause i mean color does effect how you play when i'm any other character i seem to be off my game than i'm capable of

mario madman

Smash Cadet
I think if you use a different colour than what your use to, you tend to lose focus and do worse.

Anyways, I play as black doc!
yes thats what i mean its like if say i dont use black doc im out of my game and its easy for me to be tricked and beat but if i am black doc i just am more on my game ..anyone else???:confused:

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I always play black or green Doc. Having Black Doc makes me feel like SHBAWDing and Backwards SHing all over the place, because he is actually a ninja (come on guys, didn't you know that :))

Green is my favorite color, and I use it when not messing around with Ninja Mario, I focus better.

I can't use white, and I use pink when playing people worse than me (as I do when using Luigi)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, I'll say this. It is a psychological issue that you afflict upon yourself.

The color should just depend on your fansy. Your fansy has nothing to do with how well you play. You create the "suckage" condition on your own based on your mentality.

Unless maybe your character is a blinding orange that engulfs the stage and blinds everyone within a mile radius. Then that might effect gameplay.

...I play black and blue Doc...

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'll say this. It is a psychological issue that you afflict upon yourself.

The color should just depend on your fansy. Your fansy has nothing to do with how well you play. You create the "suckage" condition on your own based on your mentality.

Unless maybe your character is a blinding orange that engulfs the stage and blinds everyone within a mile radius. Then that might effect gameplay.

...I play black and blue Doc...
i knew you couldnt resist posting lol:chuckle:

GammaKnight

Smash Rookie
I generally play either as Black or White Doc.

Black Doc represents a tougher, more unpredictable Dock that ruthlessly overdoses his opponents with hallucinogens and shock therapy utensils, while the White Doc shines and stands out from the rest while spamming his healthy megavitamins (I use Black Doc more, BTW).

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I personally use Pink Doc.

For many more reasons than one. Generally, it reflects an aspect of my personality into a controlable video game character, being Doctor Mario (Doctor Mario is the epitome of a Pimp/Mac Daddy). Also, it's a distinguishing color, not just for me, but for my alias as SmashMac. I basically think that the color works perfect with me, in that it exemplifies things about me, in all senses.

mario madman

Smash Cadet
I generally play either as Black or White Doc.

Black Doc represents a tougher, more unpredictable Dock that ruthlessly overdoses his opponents with hallucinogens and shock therapy utensils, while the White Doc shines and stands out from the rest while spamming his healthy megavitamins (I use Black Doc more, BTW).

if feal generaly the same way..

Aesir

Smash Master
its all in your mind. >_>

its like the placebo effect I guess, you think if you're not a certain color you'll lose, and it happens. My brain shut off so I might have that wrong.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I always use pink Doc.
I know he doesn't play any better, I just like seeing someone dressed in pink beat down on someone.
=]

It's almost like silent trash talk.

Smash Journeyman
I personally use Pink Doc.

For many more reasons than one. Generally, it reflects an aspect of my personality into a controlable video game character, being Doctor Mario (Doctor Mario is the epitome of a Pimp/Mac Daddy). Also, it's a distinguishing color, not just for me, but for my alias as SmashMac. I basically think that the color works perfect with me, in that it exemplifies things about me, in all senses.
wow!, mr.mac well put lol

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
i use blue and black doc. i use blue when i'm just doin friendlies and stuff. but when i'm challenged for money or playin n a tourney i use black. it helps let people know wen i'm a beat some ***

Jack Lavender

Smash Cadet
Pink!

It always makes me think of the KISS song "Calling Dr. Love" (A cover of it anyway...)

So b/c of that song it's both feels like the dirtiest and softest color. I like that.

Yokoshima Metsubo

Smash Cadet
Here we go ppl. In the end there can only be one Doc. That doc is known and always will be known as "The GOOD Doctor". i just had to put that out there. now here is a random list.

Regular Doc(white)- normal day job, help the ppl, cure for the common cold, went to college and got a PHD Dr. Mario.

Grove Street Doc(green)- the doc from the hard streets of the Grove. Known to slang a decent amount of pills of all kinds. Doesn't have a phd but knows what he is doing.

those two i use time to time depending on the situation of the fight but the #1 doc is, as we all know, the Black Doc.

Drug Dealer Doc(black)- first off, notice the three D's in the name, meaning that he stays with the triple stacks thizzles. Notice the black coat, for the covert drop offs to his customers. Now i bet ur wondering, "does he have a PHD?" HELL YES!!! but he was hated for his drug dealing that his license was revoked but we all kno he still practices the art. But he is not helping ppl, he is helping himself!! knowing the cure for the common cold Doc made billions before hand. Some say he is invincible due to his years of medical stuides and finding out the exact components for the ELIXER OF LIFE!!!!

so in conclusion.............. well, you kno what im trying to say. hopefully. O.o

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
although i'm not emo/goth/etc myself, i found myself attracted to some elements of those immature cultures (primarily the excessive black clothing), and ever since i've always picked black dr.mario. Because he isn't as an important character in melee as other characters, because he is a in fact a "clone character", and the least separated of all the clones...i took it apon myself to learn him and stand him out as much as being possible and black clothing helps.

if u notice, i designed doc in my signature to look rather emo or at the least unenthusiastic about life.

(ALTHOUGH...this whole nonconformity strategy fails because the nonconformity has become the conformity- since now black IS the most popular color...and it appears Green now is the rarest choice. Green's my favorite color..but i just hate that shade <_<)

Smash Journeyman
although i'm not emo/goth/etc myself, i found myself attracted to some elements of those immature cultures (primarily the excessive black clothing), and ever since i've always picked black dr.mario. Because he isn't as an important character in melee as other characters, because he is a in fact a "clone character", and the least separated of all the clones...i took it apon myself to learn him and stand him out as much as being possible and black clothing helps.

if u notice, i designed doc in my signature to look rather emo or at the least unenthusiastic about life.

(ALTHOUGH...this whole nonconformity strategy fails because the nonconformity has become the conformity- since now black IS the most popular color...and it appears Green now is the rarest choice. Green's my favorite color..but i just hate that shade <_<)
cuphus dude i always laugh when i read your sig. but i was once a black doc lover but i have come over to the light side of the docs.

" may the drugs be with you"

corny but hey i tried thats what counts

Yokoshima Metsubo

Smash Cadet
cyphus, my god. u have just created the dr. mario slogan. "giving u drugs whether you like it or not." genius, pure genius. SLANG THEM THIZZLES!!!

Hoods

Smash Cadet
I tend to stay away from the black costume simply because it seems to be the most popular. I'm naturally controversial.

Nolron

Smash Rookie
I usually use the black costume, purely because I like the color.

Originally posted by big_freddy:
I always use pink Doc.
I just like seeing someone dressed in pink beat down on someone.
=]

It's almost like silent trash talk.

.....though I may need to switch to pink now, after reading that.... :laugh:

MuBa

Smash Lord
In teams I use Pink Doc, cuz he pimps his h0e Peach.

And as for 1v1s I use the black one. 2 things goes good for Doc with his black outfit:

1. In stages like Final Destination, Jungle Japes, DK 64, and Battlefield he is camouflaged and can somewhat give you an advantage.

2. He looks like a ninja! I mean come on! Ninja Doc ftw!!! He chucks shuriken pills at j00!

Top Bottom