• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Are 3.0 compatible stages the same as 3.02?

And are there any other places with lists of textures?
Off the top of my head, the only 3.0 stages that aren't compatible with 3.02 are Final Destination, Dracula's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Peach's Castle, Skyloft, and any other stage that received optimization fixes.

To answer your second question, Brawl Vault.

Last edited:

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
Has someone made a Yoshi's Island texture where it stays in snow form? I would really love that

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Off the top of my head, the only 3.0 stages that aren't compatible with 3.02 are Final Destination, Dracula's Castle, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Peach's Castle, Skyloft, and any other stage that received optimization fixes.

To answer your second question, Brawl Vault.
Optimization fixes don't kill compatibility anyway. I don't remember if there's any compatibility change in any stage, but I'm sure most of these just had model optimization, which keeps them compatible with the previous (3.0) versions.

I'd say that, if you find a 3.0 compatible stage you like, just test a 4-minute replay played in the original stage with the wifi codeset too see if it desynchs or not.

shapular

Smash Ace
You should be able to replace the Project M model without problems as long as you don't mess with the collisions.
I deleted STGFINAL.pac and it brought back the Brawl texture back but also the wacky ledges. What I'm wanting is the Brawl texture with the PM model. I don't care if it looks weird, I just don't want people to be complaining about it since they're not used to it. Is this possible? Also, how do I change the icon on the stage select screen?

Last edited:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
You'd have to remake the model to use the Brawl FD textures then.

SSS images are in common5.pac and mu_menumain.pac, use Brawlbox to edit them.

jxy

Smash Cadet
Quick guide:

• Download Brawlbox here:
  • Download the stage you wish to port and have the Project M 3.0 counterpart ready.
  • Open the Project M 3.0 stage in Brawlbox. Expand ARC 2. Scroll down until you see STPM data.
  • Right click on it and choose "Export".
  • Right above that (or in some cases a large amount above that), you should find ModelData[100]. Open that up to find StagePosition (or named similarly...sometimes stgposition). Right click on that and Export as well.
  • Now close the PM 3.0 stage file, and open up the 2.6b stage texture. Expand ARC 2 and scroll down to the same place.
  • Right click on STPM and click "Replace". Choose the STPM data you extracted.
  • Do the same for ModelData[100]'s StagePosition
  • Save, and you're done.
  • You can also use Ctrl+E and Ctrl+R to Export and Replace respectively.
Hey guys, I am trying to follow these directions but I am having a problem.

When I open up a 3.0 stage in brawlbox there does not seem to be an STPM data. I just have the white misc data files it looks like. Is there a tool I am missing that allows them to be seen correctly?

Kati

Smash Lord
What stage did you originally use it in?
I think it was his set of coloured final destinations that were all the rage back in 2.5-6.

edit*

from his trio of "ethereal destinations" that anticipated the colour "neo" set.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
from his trio of "ethereal destinations" that anticipated the colour "neo" set.
In turn I'm sure Xeno would owe the guy who originally decided to import the opening sunset model over FD some money as well.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
So all of these work with Wi-Fi Correct?Thanks. Also where did the Final Destinations go? D:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. I just downloaded Xeno's Melee Battlefield texture, and now whenever I try to access the stage from My Music, the game crashes. I'm using Project M Full Hackless Codeset. Also, sometimes when I play a match on the stage, there is no music playing. I have not put any new/custom music on Battlefield, but I did change the name to Duel Zone and made an SSS icon and Stage Preview for it, and put the icon in Random Stage Switch and My Music, put the Preview also in My Music, and put a Preview for Random Stage Switch. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. I just downloaded Xeno's Melee Battlefield texture, and now whenever I try to access the stage from My Music, the game crashes. I'm using Project M Full Hackless Codeset. Also, sometimes when I play a match on the stage, there is no music playing. I have not put any new/custom music on Battlefield, but I did change the name to Duel Zone and made an SSS icon and Stage Preview for it, and put the icon in Random Stage Switch and My Music, put the Preview also in My Music, and put a Preview for Random Stage Switch. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Delete. Re-install.
That's about all I can suggest off the top of my head.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Project M or the Stage Texture?
The stage. In the past my game would crash sometimes when I selected, "x stage" to view it's music, so it might work for that, if you haven't done it already I mean.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hey. I'm still not sure about Battlefield, since my brothers have been watching TV all day, but I do have a request. I've been trying to do this for the entirety of the day, and I'm really sorry I have to ask this, but can someone please make a SSS icon out of these two files. I'll be honest, I don't really understand photoshop, and believe me, I've tried several times today. Both files are the proper sizes, and I think MenSelmapcon.100.png has transparency in the right places, since I exported it directly from BrawlBox. All I need is for them to be photoshopped together. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Hey. I'm still not sure about Battlefield, since my brothers have been watching TV all day, but I do have a request. I've been trying to do this for the entirety of the day, and I'm really sorry I have to ask this, but can someone please make a SSS icon out of these two files. I'll be honest, I don't really understand photoshop, and believe me, I've tried several times today. Both files are the proper sizes, and I think MenSelmapcon.100.png has transparency in the right places, since I exported it directly from BrawlBox. All I need is for them to be photoshopped together. Thanks in advance.
Here ya go:

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
I wonder if anyone has ever played a final destination texture online on projectm that doesn't desync

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Yo does anyone have the a fire emblem stage that goes over Castle Siege? It has 2 platforms I think and has a horse statue in the middle.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Yo does anyone have the a fire emblem stage that goes over Castle Siege? It has 2 platforms I think and has a horse statue in the middle.
It's called castlesky.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So quick question, how different are stages like Yoshi's Island (Brawl) or Smashville (stages that don't seem to have discernible difference from how they were in Brawl, at least from what I can tell) in PM from their original counterparts? If they are any different at all? Like, say, if I found a texture of YI:B that was originally intended for VBrawl would it mess up the stage for how it is in Project M or what?

Espi

Smash Journeyman
So quick question, how different are stages like Yoshi's Island (Brawl) or Smashville (stages that don't seem to have discernible difference from how they were in Brawl, at least from what I can tell) in PM from their original counterparts? If they are any different at all? Like, say, if I found a texture of YI:B that was originally intended for VBrawl would it mess up the stage for how it is in Project M or what?
Im pretty sure the camera would be messed up, and the collisions would be too. Like the area where you die.

jxy

Smash Cadet
To the best of my knowledge all stages have at least small changes that make them PMified. That being said, you can certainly play brawl versions through PM, or you can always update them yourself. Depending on the stage the second option is not too tough.

Quick question for whoever can field it. I am updating a battlefield texture to PM standards and for some reason the collisions I see in brawlbox do not match what the game loads. For instance, the edge of the stage model lines up perfectly with the "ledge" blue collision line in brawlbox, but for some reason when I play the stage the ledge is actually inside the stage. Any ideas why brawlbox might be misrepresenting the collisions or models?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Quick question for whoever can field it. I am updating a battlefield texture to PM standards and for some reason the collisions I see in brawlbox do not match what the game loads. For instance, the edge of the stage model lines up perfectly with the "ledge" blue collision line in brawlbox, but for some reason when I play the stage the ledge is actually inside the stage. Any ideas why brawlbox might be misrepresenting the collisions or models?
When previewing models and collision data, brawlbox loads the model's size based on it's bone data. In truth, said model may have an animation that alters it's size, which isn't loaded when adding collisions.

jxy

Smash Cadet
When previewing models and collision data, brawlbox loads the model's size based on it's bone data. In truth, said model may have an animation that alters it's size, which isn't loaded when adding collisions.
Cool. Thanks for the instant reply. So, if I exported the model and collision data from PM's battlefield, am I probably also missing some animation data to alter the size?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
That's most likely the case, yeah. Though personally I find it easier to simply import the assets from the stage you want to P:M-ify over P:M's battlefield.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure the camera would be messed up, and the collisions would be too. Like the area where you die.
To the best of my knowledge all stages have at least small changes that make them PMified. That being said, you can certainly play brawl versions through PM, or you can always update them yourself. Depending on the stage the second option is not too tough.
Ok. What about custom stages that were built for older PM build. Is there any difference between SV 2.5 or 2.6 and 3.02?

Last edited:
Top Bottom