• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Even tho I know how to chenge lightning and stuff, I never worked with fogs.

I don't ask for help on how to do them, but
To my knowledge, Final Destination didn't get any changes between version 3.02 and 3.5. That texture should still work.
Not so quite, I've been told that my un-updated FD's desync wifi. I think it has something to do with the camera.

AznGamer405

Smash Cadet
Out of sheer curiosity, did Beachville ever get a 3.0/3.5 Update and or a Night Time version?

Summer is coming up soon, and I get the feeling someone probably must have made an Afternoon/Night version in the past. If not, then ah, oh well.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Was Smashville changed at all for 3.6? I don't see anything in the changelog, so I'd imagine 3.5 textures should be compatible. Are any of the ones on the first page legal for 3.5/3.6? If not, does anyone have any that are?

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
Was Smashville changed at all for 3.6? I don't see anything in the changelog, so I'd imagine 3.5 textures should be compatible. Are any of the ones on the first page legal for 3.5/3.6? If not, does anyone have any that are?
Floor collisions normalized on these stages to be completely flat: Battlefield, Castle Siege, Dreamland, Fourside, Frigate Orpheon, Green Hill Zone, Halberd, Infinite Glacier, Jungle Japes, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rumble Falls, Saffron City, Skyloft, Smashville, Spear Pillar, Training Room, and Warioware.

this is hopefully able to be added to any existing texture but i dont know yet but I'll have to test it a bit before confirming

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Smashville's platform animation was tweaked a bit.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
So if it wanted to make an old skin 3.6 legal, I should be able to just copy over the new animations and collision file, is that correct? Which files are these exactly within the pac?

RosalinaSama

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ROSA#211
NNID
Fracktail
3DS FC
2492-4324-7138
Switch FC
SW-1139-8011-8725
So if it wanted to make an old skin 3.6 legal, I should be able to just copy over the new animations and collision file, is that correct? Which files are these exactly within the pac?
I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours now lol, will post when I finally figure out what stuff is needed

himemiya

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the file for Fountain of Fantasy anymore? The one on Brawl Vault is for Aurora Skies. This is the one I'm talking about.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30122
Fixed long time ago.

I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours now lol, will post when I finally figure out what stuff is needed
None of the people that knows this kind of stuff don't really want to share their knowledge if you didn't noticed. :/

Shouldn't information like that also be included in the changelist log?

Last edited:

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
@ H himemiya None of the people that knows this kind of stuff don't really want to share their knowledge if you didn't noticed. :/
Ok, updating stages for 3.6B or any other version for that matter:
You use the 3.6B stage as a base for the updated stage. Then you copy everything from the stage you want to update except collision and scenedata + blastzones n stuff. So basically only model and texture stuff.
Some stages are a pain to do this with but that's at least the way I do it. I'm not an expert, but ill try to awnser what questions I can.

Last edited:

himemiya

Smash Lord
You use the 3.6B stage as a base for the updated stage. Then you copy everything from the stage you want to update except collision and scenedata + blastzones n stuff. So basically only model and texture stuff.
Some stages are a pain to do this with but that's at least the way I do it. I'm not an expert, but ill try to awnser what questions I can.
Everyone and anyone can export and replace texturedata easily but it takes being a pro to know what stage contains what for every single stage.

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, texture replacement is easy, the fun part is getting the models to work. Well, being a pro or just lots of time. It's not that hard, you just have to spend time on it. + When you're just updating a stage and not screwing around remixing or creating stages, you can pretty much just compare what's been done on the modded version and copy that to the new one.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Literally all you're doing is taking the updated stage and reimporting whatever assests were in the old stage. What determines a desync is the collisions, blast/spawn data and camera (I believe).

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
There are also animations for stages like Smashville, which were slightly updated in 3.6b.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So I see people having talked about it earlier some. But how exactly do I just replace the texture of one custom stage onto a current stage so it doesn't mess with the proportions or anything like that?

Cause there are a few stages I would like to use but don't/can't because they aren't updated to 3.6 (for example, beach lay-out Smashville) and I'm not sure how to just put just the textures from one to the other.

BasedAchilles

Smash Rookie
So I see people having talked about it earlier some. But how exactly do I just replace the texture of one custom stage onto a current stage so it doesn't mess with the proportions or anything like that?

Cause there are a few stages I would like to use but don't/can't because they aren't updated to 3.6 (for example, beach lay-out Smashville) and I'm not sure how to just put just the textures from one to the other.
From what I understand, the stages have to be updated to the 3.6 patch sizes and what not.

VicViper

Smash Cadet

Basically what I did for a battlefield I really liked that had some extra visual elements was just port the collisions from the current version of PM to the stage I wanted to use. Still need to do this for 3.6 though.

worked really well

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Basically what I did for a battlefield I really liked that had some extra visual elements was just port the collisions from the current version of PM to the stage I wanted to use. Still need to do this for 3.6 though.

worked really well
Could uou go into greater detail?

Like how exactly do you copy the collisions and syuff of one stage to the other?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
For collisions, in brawlbox, you'd export "MiscData[2]" with the blue COLL box next to it.
For boundaries, you'd export "ModelData[100]."
The P:M camera is the "STPM" or "Stage Parameters" item.

For the most part, these are what determines if a stage will desync or not. What you'd want to do after you've exported these items from the P:M version of the stage is import / replace their counterparts in the custom stage you want. Of course, doing it this way doesn't always guarantee a 1:1 PM-ified custom stage; in which case you'd want to do the opposite: export all of the custom assets from the custom stage you want, and import them over the P:M stage.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
For collisions, in brawlbox, you'd export "MiscData[2]" with the blue COLL box next to it.
For boundaries, you'd export "ModelData[100]."
The P:M camera is the "STPM" or "Stage Parameters" item.

For the most part, these are what determines if a stage will desync or not. What you'd want to do after you've exported these items from the P:M version of the stage is import / replace their counterparts in the custom stage you want. Of course, doing it this way doesn't always guarantee a 1:1 PM-ified custom stage; in which case you'd want to do the opposite: export all of the custom assets from the custom stage you want, and import them over the P:M stage.

So would just exporting the textures of the custom stage I want (cause ike all I want are the back-ground/stage textures anyway) work? Like for the Beach Smashville stage? Would that work?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Beachville has a separate model for it's background that you'd need to export as well. Simply exporting the textures themselves are useless if there's no model that they go with.
So say if you were to export just the texture files and replace default smashville with it, the stage would have the new textures, but the background wouldn't (because the proper model isn't there).

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
As I don't have the stage on me, I can't tell you the exact model data. But essentially you'd open up and preview every "ModelData" entry until you find it, then you can export it.

Pardon my asking, but why don't you just download this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209248

3.6b and 3.6 have no differences for smashville, so this is perfectly as up-to-date as it gets.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
As I don't have the stage on me, I can't tell you the exact model data. But essentially you'd open up and preview every "ModelData" entry until you find it, then you can export it.

Pardon my asking, but why don't you just download this: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209248

3.6b and 3.6 have no differences for smashville, so this is perfectly as up-to-date as it gets.
Because I didn't know it existed. In my searching on BV for 3.6 stages that never came up.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
some scrub reported the entry on brawlvault, lol.
Might wanna tell him off.

Monster_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaM0nster
3DS FC
0189-9032-2073
How do I go about adding a custom logo to Pokemon Stadium 2? As in, replacing the MasterBall in the middle with a logo of my own.

Top Bottom