• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of Stage Textures

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
The stage modding community is as dead as this thread is.
There are few survivors.

I ain't updating any of my PM stages seeing its a hassle and it ain't worth it...

However I'll be modding stages still, I'm gonna make them from scratch.

I started modding late. And so I'll end my modding on later dates.

You vets had a good run, and I appreciate all the wonderful things you all did. It was enough to inspire me to mod, I meet new people, I joined projects, I felt useful for a team. I can even say that I learned how to speak English more fluently just because of this. I'll do my best to maintain brawl modding alive, even if it is for a small time. I'll apply everything I learned both directly and indirectly from all of you, and perhaps I'll find a way to put these knowledge into good use.

Thanks guys for making Brawl and PM more eye candy than they used to have. You deserve the retirement, and I wish best of luck and strength on whatever path your lives may drive you to.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hey, if someone could help me I'd really appreciate it.
How does one convert a .rar into a .pac?

DontMindMePlz

Smash Rookie
Any chance can I know which stage texture design doesn't work exactly like the new 3.5 version with the new stage collision mechanics?

I'm kind of only interested in the Battlefield, smashville, Luigis mansion over draculas. If those work perfectly fine, that would be awesome to know.

CoeusFreeze

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you still do requests, but by any chance would it be possible to create a texture for battlefield or warioware based on the chinatown level from Madworld? That would be fantastic.

Peeta

Smash Cadet
Do stages exist that go over Hanenbow in PM 3.5? If so, I would appreciate if someone would direct me to them (and for some reason, I can't access MediaFire... So I would prefer different sites to download them). :)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
So with 3.5 stage changes, it's been obvious for a while that a lot of the 3.02 favorites are no longer tournament viable. If no one is willing to step up and mod the old stage skins, or transfer the textures to the new stage shapes (I...think I've heard this can be done?), then are there at least some guides out there explaining how we can go about doing so ourselves instead of waiting for something that may never come? I'd be more than willing to sit down and learn and bring back my personal Yoshi's Island / Dreamland / Norfair / Distant Planet / etc. favs from 3.02.

Last edited:

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I'm alive. Been on like a two year hiatus. Just redoing my pack for the latest project m. Wasn't sure what was compatible anymore, so I just quickly tossed together a Blue FD using Xeno's old stuff. Guarantee 3.5 compatibility. Too lazy to add it to the vault and stuff, so you can just get it here.

https://www.mediafire.com/?78tttwko2q1fbs8

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
So with 3.5 stage changes, it's been obvious for a while that a lot of the 3.02 favorites are no longer tournament viable. If no one is willing to step up and mod the old stage skins, or transfer the textures to the new stage shapes (I...think I've heard this can be done?), then are there at least some guides out there explaining how we can go about doing so ourselves instead of waiting for something that may never come? I'd be more than willing to sit down and learn and bring back my personal Yoshi's Island / Dreamland / Norfair / Distant Planet / etc. favs from 3.02.
Double post, I know. Whatever...

I mean, what is it that you're trying to port over. I could maybe take a look at it. No promises.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Double post, I know. Whatever...

I mean, what is it that you're trying to port over. I could maybe take a look at it. No promises.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Norfair, Distant Planet, and Dreamland textures; Yoshi's Island now has the ghosts set to a timer and white Shy Guys, Norfair's platform layout has been revamped, Distant Planet's stage shape has been changed near the bottom, and Dreamland's stage shape has been changed up a bit (at least the bottom is shorter). Walled stages, including Yoshi's Island and Distant Planet, were also updated to have a bottom so that characters don't go through the stage in blast-zone-less Stamina mode.

Would you be able to explain how to update these though? In case I come across other textures in the future, it'd be nice to be independent aha. Thanks

Last edited:

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Norfair, Distant Planet, and Dreamland textures; Yoshi's Island now has the ghosts set to a timer and white Shy Guys, Norfair's platform layout has been revamped, Distant Planet's stage shape has been changed near the bottom, and Dreamland's stage shape has been changed up a bit (at least the bottom is shorter). Walled stages, including Yoshi's Island and Distant Planet, were also updated to have a bottom so that characters don't go through the stage in blast-zone-less Stamina mode.

Would you be able to explain how to update these though? In case I come across other textures in the future, it'd be nice to be independent aha. Thanks

Hmmm... Most stages are simple texture edits. If this is the case, you'll need to open up both the PM stage and the mod itself. Expand ARC 2, scroll down to texture data in the mod, right click, select export all. Now go to the PM file. Same thing, except this time you select replace all. Then just hit save on the Project M stage and enjoy. This should be the case for most Yoshi's Island textures. Exceptions are something like Lost Woods.

Now, if the stage has been edited somehow, for example, you want to import a mod of smashville that puts a tree in the back of the platform. You'll need to manually open all the models and look for differences. Most of the time, the PMBR doesn't actually touch the stages all that much, so if you spot a difference between the stages, simply replace it.

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how I can set up Oceanville to the day one only?
I'm not sure. My first guess would be to open up the scene data. There's five archives in there. I'm thinking that each archive corresponds to a time of day. By finding out which one is the day one and overwriting the other 4 with it, you should be able to keep smashville in daytime. Again, not sold on this theory.

iLLuMinati_EYE

Smash Apprentice
knowing that some custom textures haven't been updated for 3.5, i was wondering if stages that worked previously are wifi safe for 3.5

Sqid

Smash Apprentice

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Hi. Never really done much stage modding. Wanted to replace Battlefield's texture. What are the 3.5 compatible textures/how do you make one compatible? I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8fOdpeNCA which I like a lot, download is http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ehjp18smskf4e1/DimensionalField10-28][STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC but it's from 2010 so I doubt it's PM compatible. How do I get it safely in my build?
That's actually been ported over by yours truly. Just give me like... a week. I'll update it. Fair enough?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Does anyone know how I can set up Oceanville to the day one only?
Sorry for late reply. You basically need to take the one named STGVILLAGE01 and open it in Brawlbox, find the SCN0 data entries and extract the second one, and replace all five with that one you extracted. Then save it, and copy the PAC four more times and rename them all to STGVILLAGE_00 through 04.

Smashville works in a way that depending on what time of day it is in your Wii (U)'s internal clock, a different set of lighting values gets loaded and used. Doing the above method, it makes it so that it will always load the daytime lighting.

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Hi. Never really done much stage modding. Wanted to replace Battlefield's texture. What are the 3.5 compatible textures/how do you make one compatible? I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8fOdpeNCA which I like a lot, download is http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ehjp18smskf4e1/DimensionalField10-28][STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC but it's from 2010 so I doubt it's PM compatible. How do I get it safely in my build?

It's done. Here's the link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30407

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
how do i replace the textures on stages?
1. Obtain the texture of your choice (usually from Brawlvault)
2. Rename the file according to the stage you wish to replace. You can find the names for the stages attached to this post.
3. Place file in "projectm>pf>stage>melee" folder.

Attachments

Last edited:

SuperMario1

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I'm alive. Been on like a two year hiatus. Just redoing my pack for the latest project m. Wasn't sure what was compatible anymore, so I just quickly tossed together a Blue FD using Xeno's old stuff. Guarantee 3.5 compatibility. Too lazy to add it to the vault and stuff, so you can just get it here.

https://www.mediafire.com/?78tttwko2q1fbs8
That's a nice texture tried it on wifi and it works no desync

Kati

Smash Lord
With 3.6 announced, but no known release date... I made an add-on that will hopefully work for both 3.5 and 3.6

It's a warioware texture that can replace pictochat.

Charlware:

The colour scheme is inspired by Smooth McGroove's third album cover. I ripped the colours from it for authenticity.

Not only will the add-on install the stage over pictochat, but it will also completely replace the default songs with Smooth McGroove remixes such as Punch Out, Together We Ride, Sephiroth, and Ken's Theme.

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhzI3Om9QIQ

http://www.mediafire.com/download/05ju3lzaua58wk6/Charlware.7z

As you might already have your own custom stages, stage pictures are not included. Get them here and install them into your common 5 along side all your other customized stage titles and preview pictures.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ry4zorbt397xf3b/Charlware_Stage_Screen_Interface.rar

Last edited:

Frosti

Smash Cadet
I'm kind of new to customizing stages and was just wondering if it was okay to use the Neo Destination models from 3.02. The 3.5 changelist didn't mention FD so I assume not, but I just want to make sure before i bring my build to a local tournament.

Top Bottom