• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coding Work

Almas

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm going to try and get some of this done. No promises as I'm on a busy schedule, but I promised myself I'd do some form of programming, and until I can muster up the testicles to learn C++, this will have to do.

- Repair the Alternate File Loader
- Some code for that Melee 2.0 thing

I'm not taking requests unless they interest me. Suck it up.

Someone test my god****ed gravity code in the Engine Codes thread, or I'll throw a hissy fit and not do this stuff. I'm serious.

shanus

Smash Hero
@ Dantarion:

Almoose 1) break at 8023FA350
17:37 Almoose 2) write "pf" at 805A7C16
17:38 Almoose 3) compare [805A7C22] with 45452F53
17:38 Almoose 4) if not equal, return;
17:39 Almoose 5) if equal, check set of conditions
17:39 Almoose 6) if conditions met, write "xx" at 805A7C16
17:40 Almoose 7) place alternate stage .pacs in folder "xx" (change as appropriate)
17:41 Almoose and the command you are overwriting is lbzu r0, 1(r4)
17:41 Almoose then again dantarion seems to be afk

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if you could make the auto save replay code i propsed that would be amazing and extremely beneficial at the moment (with the tourneys coming up hackfest 4 and btl2)

additionally, u could have auto replay save on or off if some weird option that we dont use is on or off, similar to how we used the handicap option for buffer

Almas

Smash Lord
if you could make the auto save replay code i propsed that would be amazing and extremely beneficial at the moment (with the tourneys coming up hackfest 4 and btl2)
Almas said:
I'm not taking requests unless they interest me. Suck it up.
I figure I'll split the AFL into two separate codes - one for stages and one for character related things. It'll reduce the complexity of the codes a little. I need to figure out a reasonably efficient way of doing the character version though... Because there are so many things to check against it's kind of hard to think of how. I guess continuing to do it the current way isn't terrible.

shanus

Smash Hero
I believe dantarion got the stage alternate loader working last night, at least thats what my IRC logs showed.

Not positive though

Almas

Smash Lord
It's not write protected, but it does get overwritten very quickly. It is likely that your set of conditions flick off just before the thingy starts stuffing.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Also, I want to modify the filename, not the folder name.. I am guessing I need to intercept the command in another location, right before the FPC code attempts to access the SD card. Attempts to modify the filename at the location you did just make the game crash.

D

Deleted member

it would not, since you would give it file names ..._A to ..._D and let the game read a certain stage based on what button you press.

also SD cards of wii owners are already dying way earlier with the current amount of hacks avalible :p

Top Bottom