• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Co-Op and Coins: Events Part 2

Phred

Smash Journeyman
or you can do it the easy way by plugging in two controllers and doing a stock match w/ no time limit, starting the match, and leaving it on overnight.
That was just for Mewtwo.
Every character in Melee could also have been unlocked by playing lots of individual Matches.
Not for playing a long time.

Rosadiddly

Smash Cadet
does anyone else think that that big shadow in event 5 in the selection screen looks like petey piranha?

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
seems like most people arent happy with the co-op target test mode, maybe because it looks a little easy.

yea, maybe itll be a little easy, but i think this option alone easily brings so many possibilities to the game. One thing i really liked in melee was trying to beat my own records and then going online to see what records other ppl around the world set. in melee there was 25 target tests, one for each character only. In brawl, there was already 22characters times 5 target stages = 110 target tests, and that was only with the characters already announced (minus z-samus), and before you factor in co-op mode.

With co-op mode, the number of total possible target tests increases drastically. you have the 110 from single player target test PLUS 22characters times 22characters times 5 target stages = 2530 possible target tests. roflmao. and more characters will be in, too, making it even more ridiculous. For example, if there were 30 characters its (30)(5) + (5)(30)^2 = 4650. jeez. thats a friggen lot of records to set. and in addition, you can save replays of target tests. iuno if many people will pursue such an extensive goal of completing them all, but honestly, thats intense stuff.

my math is right, right? (i guess its different if you cant use two of the same character in one target test, but whatever, only a little less) o_o

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
I hope evrything is not co-op as it is going to take the fun out of everything of not being able to do things yourself. Really sse sounded good co-op events look ok, but target test as well as the homerun contest, not everything needs to be co-op you know. Also I hope co-op event isn't madatory to unlock anything because then you will have to wait for someone to play with you to unlock them which could be a bad thing for brawl. Hopefully co-op event is optional, and classic isn't co-op at all because that will just be pushing the two player envelope.

ndnecoal

Smash Rookie
i'd say the character drought has ended with this update. how you may ask? its really overlooked. look at the other events. number 4 has dk and diddy looking at what looks like a screw attack trophy. number 6 has zamus and zelda with some weird orange backround. but number 5 is on bridge of eldin with a shadow link and what looks like some weird shadow robot? it's defnatly NOT dedede it has to be a new character. just look at it!

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Don't worry about it, assuming you HAVE to play everything to get certian trophies, then you only really have to do the co-op stuff once. Get a friend, or just have a second controller do nothing.

Frogla

Smash Ace
i recall the day when a game mode was a very rare thing and packed awesome sauce in each bite. Now they usaully suck.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I hope evrything is not co-op as it is going to take the fun out of everything of not being able to do things yourself. Really sse sounded good co-op events look ok, but target test as well as the homerun contest, not everything needs to be co-op you know. Also I hope co-op event isn't madatory to unlock anything because then you will have to wait for someone to play with you to unlock them which could be a bad thing for brawl. Hopefully co-op event is optional, and classic isn't co-op at all because that will just be pushing the two player envelope.
Just don''t play co-op mode problem solved.

ndnecoal

Smash Rookie
its samus? what are you guys smoking? i mean come on! that thing is WAY to big to be samus/dark samus! i mean look at link compared to that thing! i can't be samus

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
ya thats dark samus but i saw something on a pic that at first glance looked like kirby with a marth hat on, altho im probably dead wrong i think i should bring it up.

#4 next to sudden death

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
its samus? what are you guys smoking? i mean come on! that thing is WAY to big to be samus/dark samus! i mean look at link compared to that thing! i can't be samus
It's just the camera angle. Samus is in the foreground so she looks larger than she is.

ndnecoal

Smash Rookie
It's just the camera angle. Samus is in the foreground so she looks larger than she is.
the camera may be at a different angle but that doesn't mean that's samus. if you look at it link is in the air and his sword is at it's head! plus i see no arm cannon or anything that resemble samus/dark samus.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
sigh....

he; really pulling from the bottom of the barrel

two more months of this?

it;s honestly not worth watching the dojo anymore if this is all he;s got to offer....i rather just wait till feb 10th

Contrary to popular belief, America isn't the only country on this planet. January 24th, Smash Bros Brawl comes out in Japan. Considering people in Japan will most likely buy and play this game, and that there are some people out there who can speak English AND Japanese, we'll probably know about everything in the game by January 25th-ish (if we look for it).

So just 5 more weeks.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
the camera may be at a different angle but that doesn't mean that's samus. if you look at it link is in the air and his sword is at it's head! plus i see no arm cannon or anything that resemble samus/dark samus.
It's definitely Samus, on Bridge of Eldin. Samus is kneeling and pointing her arm cannon and Link is in the air behind her.

Also, where are Zamus and Zelda in that picture of them?

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm*

Link isn't in the air, he's on the other side of Eldin Bridge doing a generic cool pose. He looks small due to the camera angle. You can tell by the angle of his shadow that he's on the ground.

As for Samus, the shadow (as in dark Samus, not her actual light-based shadow) has her stance, her shoulderpads, and you can make out the end of her arm cannon.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Event #4 Looks like Diddy and Donkey Kong chasing after a trophy modeled after the lightning power-up in mario kart.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Considering the Lightning power-up is a new item, I think they might be chasing after the real thing, not a trophy.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I only say trophy because it appears to have a brown base, but you may very well be right.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
And thus the drought of not getting any character confirmations continues.....this is one long, sad saga of this crap...

I am like.....soooo irritable right now...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And thus the drought of not getting any character confirmations continues.....this is one long, sad saga of this crap...

I am like.....soooo irritable right now...
Come on, don't let it irritate you. It's the holiday season! Cheer up. And just think, once the holiday season is over, it'll be Brawl season!

XACE-K

Smash Master
Does anybody else think that the green thing next to Ivysaur in Event #2 is a green Charizard? It looks like one to me but I'm not sure.Sorry if this was brought up before.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
******* of course theres no character update theres not going to be 1 untill a week b4 the game coems out then he'll announce unlockable characters. For now every1 we have besides 3rd party characters is the starting roster. end of story. no samurai panda theory crap thats wrong

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
yes its an olive charizard.XD pretty gross.

and be patient people i can see an good christmas present update. so just wait one week and a day and we may get something good.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Come on, don't let it irritate you. It's the holiday season! Cheer up. And just think, once the holiday season is over, it'll be Brawl season!
At the moment bro, I'm like upset, worried, and very very annoyed. So far, absolutely NO characters on my Brawl Most Wanted list have yet to be confirmed. You know the usual Ridley, Dark Samus, Black Knight, Geno, Megaman, Falcon, and Ganondorf. I mean what the hell do we have to do to get Sakurai's attention huh!? This is getting a wee bit ridiculous...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
At the moment bro, I'm like upset, worried, and very very annoyed. So far, absolutely NO characters on my Brawl Most Wanted list have yet to be confirmed. You know the usual Ridley, Dark Samus, Black Knight, Geno, Megaman, Falcon, and Ganondorf. I mean what the hell do we have to do to get Sakurai's attention huh!? This is getting a wee bit ridiculous...
Worry not, it'll all be made clear soon.

On topic, why does Sakurai insist on skipping the Landmaster event? It could hold the secret of Krystal in Brawl...grrr....

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure Co-Op events are just 1p events with 2 players...not a seperate set of events

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
Ithought this was a great update! co-op event mode is sumthin ive wanted for a while it gives more options to what u can do when playin with a friend. And people complaining about how it will make it to easy are stupid because first of all there is a single player one with more events which has diffrent difficulties too. also im sure that co-op will have difficulty setting. so I wouldnt worrry about weather or not it will be hard enough( hehehe "thats what she said") any ways co op event is a great addition!

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
This update will hopefully lead to the start of the best week the Dojo has had in the past 7-9 weeks. i loved this update and i was happy to see my Pokemon Trainer finally have a screenshot for him. another great thing about this update, like another update a while back in Oct., it revealed 2 additional things along with it (Coin Battle, meh. Co-Op target test, yay!). this update rocked!

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
that color on Charizard is cool, I don't know why people don't like it

wonder is Squirtle will be shiny when green also, considering his shell turns green when shiny. Maybe his blue alt will be shiny, but so would charizard's more than likely :x

Top Bottom