• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Co-Op and Coins: Events Part 2

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"Yes! A pegasus!""Wow, that's... something.""May luck be with you! Brave Warriors!""Am I the only one who finds that bizarre?""I don't get it. Was there even a reason for it to transform?""Good question."- One Piece

While at my grandmother's house, I saw a commercial for Toys 'R' Us that had an image of Brawl's case in it. At first, I thought it was a little bit different from the one I found on the internet, but after closer inspection, it turned out the large mech suit I saw was just a fuzzy image of Samus. And yes, this update isn't the best but there could be worse. Like "Hey, I was too bored to put anything up today so you're just out of luck.":hunger::redx::kirby:

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Kirby characters in every single screenshot and event match... Sakurai sure is humble...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
This update really doesn't seem to effect me, seeing as I usually play by myslef.

And Co-op in Target Smash? That just seems like a stupid idea.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
Co-Op four: Is it just me, or does the picture for Co-Op four look completely different from All Mine? The picture looks like some golden star on a tropical island. When I first looked at it, I thought 'Stafy', and seeing how he is an AT that can be hurt, it would certainly be interesting to have an event match with him. The listed event is entirely different, however, which breaks the pattern. However, I'm going to explain why later. Right now, I want to get to....
that's gotta be the new lightning/thunderbolt item (like from mario kart).

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
They should at least make the Co-op online/
Also nice to see a glimps of the Pokemon Trainer

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
They might as well make Co-op Options at this point.

"All options are purple. Both of you LIKE purple. It's perfect."
"No we don..."
"YES YOU DO."

Chari

Smash Apprentice
He could go ahead and make everything else co-op. Since he already has event matches and adventure mode into co-op.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Sometimes I wish that there were no updates at all.

Simply for the fact that all of the judgemental whiners would shut up.

Seriously, this mode is optional, just like b!tching and complaining about a game play enhancement or checking the update, it's optional.
Sometimes I wish there were no updates at all, just so my mind could be freed from the slavery that the Dojo is. The game will come out and have everything that the Dojo says, updates or not.

However, the Dojo is supposed to function as a hype machine. What hypes people the most? New characters. Its 11 or so days shy of 2 months of no confirmed characters. It's also now the longest (I believe) since a red update period. During the holiday season. Its like Sakurai isn't even trying to grab our attention.

I'll agree that this update isn't bad, but its just Team mashed into Event Mode with a confirmation of another mode evidently no one cares about (I like coin mode myself, perhaps it will be better this time), and throwing co-op into a mode with items and targets (baffling).

So yeah, I guess I would rather that the updates stop instead of continuing on the mediocre path that has plagued them ever since the Stage Builder update.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
Good I was hoping they would put something like this in....though regual multiplayer will still prolly be played more than any of these modes, but at least it gives one player more legs espicaly if that means someone can play along with you

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Tomorrows update: Although I mentioned the Coin Matches in a previous update, I like to explain them again.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Tomorrows update: Although I mentioned the Coin Matches in a previous update, I like to explain them again.
That would seem overly cynical if it didn't have a precedent, which it does. This is what discourages me, is that other people are becoming cynical and underhyped about SSBB. Is the well of new and exciting stuff truly running dry?

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Luigis moveset?

Just thought about this...but you notice the dollar bills that are floating around...right? Well, remember in Luigis mansion there were dollar bills that float around which you collect by sucking up in the vacuum....maybe this means that Luigi is confirmed (more than likely) and one of his moves is possible the Poultergeist 4000 which will act as Marios FLUDD except bring your enemies closer instead of pulling them away....hopefully this does confirm this as one of his moves if he is confirmed to be in brawl...:)

Rash

Smash Ace
So yeah, I guess I would rather that the updates stop instead of continuing on the mediocre path that has plagued them ever since the Stage Builder update.
The updates aren't on a mediocre path. There just haven't been any new/returning character updates in a while. The reason people are beginning to become indifferent towards updates is because of the lack of character updates. That's it.

All the fans want are characters. That is and will always be the expectation and standard that Sakurai won't be able to live up to without spoiling the entire game before release. Hell, even if the guy revealed five new characters within one week, people would still be asking for more after a couple of weeks of assist trophy, stage, item, and interface/mode updates.

gigasteve

Smash Ace

Just thought about this...but you notice the dollar bills that are floating around...right? Well, remember in Luigis mansion there were dollar bills that float around which you collect by sucking up in the vacuum....maybe this means that Luigi is confirmed (more than likely) and one of his moves is possible the Poultergeist 4000 which will act as Marios FLUDD except bring your enemies closer instead of pulling them away....hopefully this does confirm this as one of his moves if he is confirmed to be in brawl...:)
There is no Luigi icon and damage counter at bottom...
And I havwn't seen anyone talk about this: who is the big shaded character in event 4 or 5?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
While it's a good update overall, the return of Coin Mode makes me rather :(

...Who likes Coin Mode? Honestly.
I kind of look at Coin Mode kinda like Rotation mode from last week, it's more something that just got put in because the central coding was already present in Melee and probably didn't take a whole lot of effort to transfer over. The whole process to add Coin mode probably took less then an hour :laugh:

As for the update, it's kind of interesting really, mostly because to me the Co-op seems more like an extra option then a requirement. So who doesn't like a few extra options here and there XD

Kittah4

Smash Ace
The updates aren't on a mediocre path. There just haven't been any new/returning character updates in a while. The reason people are beginning to become indifferent towards updates is because of the lack of character updates. That's it.

All the fans want are characters. That is and will always be the expectation and standard that Sakurai won't be able to live up to without spoiling the entire game before release. Hell, even if the guy revealed five new characters within one week, people would still be asking for more after a couple of weeks of assist trophy, stage, item, and interface/mode updates.
Yes, but you're kind of using hyperbole there. Think of it, we were learning on average, one character per week up until Dedede. Now more than a month and a half is gone without a single one. THAT is what is worrying. I fear both for the amount of content that's left to be shown (or hidden), and for Sakurai's ability to drum up hype, which he is failing at for a lot of people at the moment. If you can genuinely be excited at this flood of orange updates, then good for you, but I can safetly say that's not the case for a lot of people.

Think of it, two months from now almost all of us here will know all of the characters in Brawl and Americans will have had it for almost a week, and Japanese for longer. So, it would have made a lot more sense to sprinkle at least one character into November instead of, you know, not. Captain Falcon's symbol was released in July. JULY. And here we are in December without his confirmation yet. It's just baffling.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
There is no Luigi icon and damage counter at bottom...
And I havwn't seen anyone talk about this: who is the big shaded character in event 4 or 5?
That wasn't the point... he was saying because there's money from Luigi's Mansion, it's another clue that Luigi's going to have the Poltergust 3000.

And yeah, we have. Guessing it's Samus and Link.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I dont know if its been discussed here, but I saw on some other forums, people were thinking the black sillhouette'd characters in event 5 on the second picture were supposed to be hidden characters Sakurai hasn't revealed yet.

So if there are any people on here that think that, don't get your hopes up. The main character in that pic is a sillhouette of Samus, and in the background, it looks like Link. And since most of the Co-op events look based off of single-player events, I'm thinking its probably where you and your partner team up as Link and Samus and fight Dark Link and Dark Samus.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I like Pokémon Trainer's Emerald outfit

I suppose they aren't going to give him entirely new models of other Pokémon Trainers. I guess it was silly to think that they might. Still, the colours look pretty good.

xenogears23

Smash Apprentice
sigh....

he; really pulling from the bottom of the barrel

two more months of this?

it;s honestly not worth watching the dojo anymore if this is all he;s got to offer....i rather just wait till feb 10th

but people lets not fight! ALL OF US just want the game....and when we don;t get our smash fix and we get grumpy it's not because we're mean or evil or hate sakurai....we're just junkies who need the sh*t! lol and he was giving us some pretty heavy sh*t a few months back! remember the joy at seeing diddy kong for the first time, or the wonder of sonic. now we're getting weak sauce and it;s just upsetting. essepcially since we're being made to wait these extra months.

so lets try to understand each other and not be all hostile

we all love smash
we all want the game

let love each other and support one another through this time

:)

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I like Pokémon Trainer's Emerald outfit

I suppose they aren't going to give him entirely new models of other Pokémon Trainers. I guess it was silly to think that they might. Still, the colours look pretty good.
No, it wasn't that silly to think that they might. Alt costumes are not a rare commodity in fighting games. I have no idea what Sakurai has against them, as it now seems VERY unlikely they will be added, since we have some more complex color swaps like the faux Fusion Suit and etc.

Still, you're right, some of the recolors, including this one, are rather clever. Still, alt costumes would have been much better.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I honestly don't think it's BAD. It's great that he's making it fun for everybody (meaning 2 people, of course. lol.), I just hope he doesn't have anything unlockable in co-op. I mean, who doesn't like smashing with a friend? But if they aren't there, you can't get that one unlockable.

Even though i doubt he'd do it.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't think it's BAD. It's great that he's making it fun for everybody (meaning 2 people, of course. lol.), I just hope he doesn't have anything unlockable in co-op. I mean, who doesn't like smashing with a friend? But if they aren't there, you can't get that one unlockable.

Even though i doubt he'd do it.
Even if he did, anything unlockable via one method is also unlockable via "play X vs matches"

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
or you can do it the easy way by plugging in two controllers and doing a stock match w/ no time limit, starting the match, and leaving it on overnight.

Top Bottom