• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
MK does not need to be banned, he's not unbeatable nor has he ever been. LEARN the Match-up more than half the people complaining about MK needing to be banned are the players who are actually bad and dont place on a National Level, that's just the facts...

Lareit

Smash Ace
MK does not need to be banned, he's not unbeatable nor has he ever been. LEARN the Match-up more than half the people complaining about MK needing to be banned are the players who are actually bad and dont place on a National Level, that's just the facts...
1. It's not about being unbeatable. It's about he's the clear cut best with no counter pick. He defeats competitive diversity by punishing you for playing anyone but him.
2. People have learned the match-up and in the process Meta Knight has created more tactics that have forced the smash community to create rules specifically reign him in.
3. If more then half of the ones calling for the ban are bad, then obviously it's still less then 2/3rds, so 1 3rd of the people calling for the ban are good and do place on a national level. By your logic that is.

4. Don't confuse facts with reinforced opinion.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Thats like Saying lets Ban Sagat he clearly is the best has no counter picks although he may go slightly even to his favor in a few matches

and Technically speaking the rules they put on some of what he can do are just like what they have done for every character that can do something similar, because its excessive STALLING

its the same for sonic's stalling tech's under the stage as well as other chars who have moves and tech's enabling them to do so

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lets ban fox and falco they are the best and have no counter picks although they may go slightly even to his favor in a few matches

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
There's a far superior tournament that I am going to be attempting to go instead of this disastrous, poorly thought out mess of a tournament. Mostly because it's melee, but also because the stooges in charge of this tournament will be too busy shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, I like how this thread died.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
There's a far superior tournament that I am going to be attempting to go instead of this disastrous, poorly thought out mess of a tournament. Mostly because it's melee, but also because the stooges in charge of this tournament will be too busy shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, I like how this thread died.
can i get a ride mr. brandon?

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I'm going to Un-ban MK because...

1st: Because, the main ususals won't be there...Mainly [Bo and Devin who REALLY help me with laptops and tv's]

2nd: The ones talking so much about this ban will not show...just to prove a point

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well i've already made other plans since u were so adamant about banning him. so yeah i guess you're right in tihs case

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Stingers, your such a troll. You weren't comming. We all knew you weren't Brandon D: Even though I miss you.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
LOL i could have gotten brandon to come, but now ive made plans because mk was going to be banned, **** man maybe next time :/

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Yeah.

In actuality, I was really going to come and just play melee with people on a different tv. But now I have no reason or will to go after realizing how stubborn and uncaring the TO is to the general opinion of the very people who want to come to the tourney. Plus a general lack of empathy or, truly, caring at all. It personifies SC as a smash state, and I'd rather not be present at one of this tapioca disasters anymore.

But in other news, yeah, enjoy this 4 man tourney Kack.

Purple

Hi guys!
OH GOD WE'RE TALKING ABOUT BANNING METAKNIGHT FFFFUUUUUUUU.

Okay, so I was talking to Mr Dogysamich (a.k.a dogy spamich pills a.k.a Sakura a.k.a MY FIGHT MONEY). And he brought up some good points about the MK ban. First off, Fox and Falco are hella busted in melee right? However could a person pick up fox and falco and immediately have an advantage over other characters just for choosing the character? No, Fox and Falco require large amounts of tech skill for those Matchups to really show it's true colors, which takes time. Metaknight on the other hand takes a ridiculously short amount of time to learn (but that's Brawl, am i right fellas?) and the actual advantage is almost instant.

Now, there are redeeming factors to MK of course, as much as you try to say otherwise, for example, you can camp, however Falco can laser MK and camp right back. If MK never gets the lead, MK can't camp; planking would not be an issue to falco. Same thing applies to snake, and also Pikachu to a light extent because of his chaingrab and weird projectile.

If they want to ban MK, it's all good and dandy, MK is REALLY good. No need trying to tell them "BUT WHYYYYYYY?" If they aren't going to do it. Just let them do their thing, and live in their own word, where characters who are too good, get banned.

However, I will say one thing, start a petition, see how many people would be willing to come if MK wasn't banned, if there are much more than the people who are willing because MK is banned, then perhaps you need to rethink what you're doing. You're losing income because of a silly idea that quite frankly, very few in the region are okay with.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
It's SC, one state out of many...I mean most people don't show regeardless...of what we do

So, I'm just gonna go back and forth...which is tourney scene free...even if I do a Melee event only two or four people are gonna show just like when I did it last time

BTW: They were all from NC (Melee)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
lol so trc yay and ramz driving all the way from charelston were from nc as well? we had a decent melee bracket last time you did something, and kevin showed up you should be greatful.

i think we had about 14-16 for melee last time

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
lol so trc yay and ramz driving all the way from charelston were from nc as well? we had a decent melee bracket last time you did something, and kevin showed up you should be greatful.

i think we had about 14-16 for melee last time
You know, I did catch that one on a good week...Pee Pee practically drew all the attention there off his back...While I am grateful, I was more lucky than anything

In reality, the only reason everyone came was mostly for Dr. PP lol

I did Melee once before that and only 4 people showed (that's what I referred too)

But I do wanna do Melee again -- when I host the NEXT tourney

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm afraid I might not be comming to this. I have family from VA riding down here and I'm not sure if I can make it D:

Purple

Hi guys!
Hey guys, this is Roxy here (the guy who likes to argue with south carolina? Yeah, that guy). I'm not sure if any of you remember, however there is a new person who is comnig amongst your community! His name is DarkFire150, you guys might've seen him when he suggested bi-weeklies. Well those are still going on and he's stepping food in South Carolina this very day :bee:.

Anyways, since you guys are setting this up this week, I'll tell him about this event and get him to come, make sure this weekly happens, and have a few notable people from the SC community; I'm sure it'll mean a lot to him.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Hey guys, this is Roxy here (the guy who likes to argue with south carolina? Yeah, that guy). I'm not sure if any of you remember, however there is a new person who is comnig amongst your community! His name is DarkFire150, you guys might've seen him when he suggested bi-weeklies. Well those are still going on and he's stepping food in South Carolina this very day :bee:.

Anyways, since you guys are setting this up this week, I'll tell him about this event and get him to come, make sure this weekly happens, and have a few notable people from the SC community; I'm sure it'll mean a lot to him.
This is gonna happen...but don't expect a decent turnout this week anyway

If it keeps looking this bleek, it will turn into a smashfest rather than a tournament

We all ways welcome a new addition to whatever this scene is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom