• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Close Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lareit

Smash Ace
1. DJ should unban him for the sake of attendance.
2. There isn't a brawl scene in NC or SC, this right here is a proven venue and if attendance was good would be a reliable scene for both states being on the border and yet all everyone does is ***** and moan?
3. Stingers you weren't comming anyway.

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
Well I don't think I am going to be able to make it. Devin isn't sure if he can go and Adam said he won't be there so no reason for me to be there. Unless people besides Alex will play Brawl+/Brawl- with me.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Actually I was lying. I will be in Chicago on the 26th though helping my sister move , so it's the same difference regarding this particular tournament.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Keep hol banned. Everyone here has secondaries they can use. Stingers play Rob and shut up you'll win anyways. Snap u hate brawl so who cares if MKnis banned. Kadaj play marth u don't need MK. I'll might come to this if people wanna chip in gas money. Let me know.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
In all honesty, if I had the same chance of going to a MK banned tourney, and a MK not banned tourney. I would no doubt go to MK banned.

But that is just my opinion.

thats b/c you dont need him but every one from nc doze
alex just stop talking. please look at the last couple of results.

there werent even any metaknights in top three at herb.

kadaj has been winning everything with marth. MK isnt even heavy in NC.

also lol at kack, he plays ic's calling mk gay, wow. and alex you play diddy? gay? you guys have no room to even speak.

/sigh. its whatever, im not going to this, going to something real.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
alex just stop talking. please look at the last couple of results.

there werent even any metaknights in top three at herb.

kadaj has been winning everything with marth. MK isnt even heavy in NC.

also lol at kack, he plays ic's calling mk gay, wow. and alex you play diddy? gay? you guys have no room to even speak.

/sigh. its whatever, im not going to this, going to something real.
Haha, I love how people still say IC's are some super gay character when IC players don't even give any reason for people to be afraid. Look at MLG (even though they have gay stages/TV's).

Every character has something "gay" that you just have to get around, that's how you play this game. And Melee too.

And also, I love how people just accept MK players. No one says "oh, you play MK? You have no room to even speak" Pretty ********.

And also, Stingers, and Sushi, didn't go to HERB3, and they would've likely both placed very high and they both use MK. So that hardly counts. And might I also note that MK is the most played character in NC and he is used by the only good players NC has to offer.

I love you Snap, but if your not going to come because a dumb character is banned, don't come.

I hope you change your mind, because I think everyone should just come and enjoy the only MK banned tourney the US (East coast) has. SC really needs the support.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I know, lol, but still. You probably would've used him sometime during HERB3 O:

Lareit

Smash Ace
Haha, I love how people still say IC's are some super gay character when IC players don't even give any reason for people to be afraid. Look at MLG (even though they have gay stages/TV's).

Every character has something "gay" that you just have to get around, that's how you play this game. And Melee too.

And also, I love how people just accept MK players. No one says "oh, you play MK? You have no room to even speak" Pretty ********.

And also, Stingers, and Sushi, didn't go to HERB3, and they would've likely both placed very high and they both use MK. So that hardly counts. And might I also note that MK is the most played character in NC and he is used by the only good players NC has to offer.

I love you Snap, but if your not going to come because a dumb character is banned, don't come.

I hope you change your mind, because I think everyone should just come and enjoy the only MK banned tourney the US (East coast) has. SC really needs the support.

There's nothing gay about Captain Falcon.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Haha who still plays mk in nc? Kieth and foxy. Are you saying they re the only good players in nc? Your acting your age sir. I'm not not coming because mk is banned. I'm not coming because I'm done beating the dead horse. If sc refuses to host real tournaments and host things that will open our tourneys to outside interest I'm not supporting it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Stingers has an amazing MK and Sushi is the best in NC and he mains MK. And yes. NC and SC really do suck at brawl except for Sushi and Stingers. Thats why people should show up and play some brawls. Far as I've heard Shady is good, but he's really predictable. Rag is really good, but still, compared to other people he wouldn't do as well OOS. I can only say so much as I haven't played all the people in NC, but as Kadaj as more or less shown, Carolina smash is somewhere near the worst except for Stingers and Sushi and we need to help get better by going to all the tournaments we can.

And this seems like a "real tournament" to me. If you think just because MK is banned means it isn't a real tournament, your just representing the side of the ban argument that isn't willing to try something new.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I tried MK ban, so did texas so did NC. It doesnt work. and if sushi doesnt go to things he isnt the best in NC.

please refer to the brawl power rankings for NC if you want to know who the best is.

Stingers is the best rob in the nation hands down. His mk is sub par i find.

rag and shady and probally kale and foxy could compete on stingers level. but you wouldnt know seeing as how you dont go to things either.

EDIT. just to clarify, im for an MK ban nationally, but not one locally that only hurts the scene. When i moved to NC i got wrecked by mks because i had never faced something like it before.

Metaknight is ban worthy only nationally where everyone agrees that he must be banned.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Dude snap I agree With you man. With almost everything.

Also kack since we don't have many tournaments at the moment I think that the ones we do have, should have mk to give us the most practice for mlg.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero

Also kack since we don't have many tournaments at the moment I think that the ones we do have, should have mk to give us the most practice for mlg.
thats another thing, if you want people to actually have fun in the scene, un ban MK and give us some MLG practice.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I tried MK ban, so did texas so did NC. It doesnt work. and if sushi doesnt go to things he isnt the best in NC.

please refer to the brawl power rankings for NC if you want to know who the best is.

Stingers is the best rob in the nation hands down. His mk is sub par i find.

rag and shady and probally kale and foxy could compete on stingers level. but you wouldnt know seeing as how you dont go to things either.

EDIT. just to clarify, im for an MK ban nationally, but not one locally that only hurts the scene. When i moved to NC i got wrecked by mks because i had never faced something like it before.

Metaknight is ban worthy only nationally where everyone agrees that he must be banned.
Everyone pretty much knows Sushi and Stingers are the best in NC by somewhat of a margin. PP could still be considered one of the best regardless of him not entering in tourneys anymore.
And the ban could work if people weren't all like "Oh, it's an MK banned tourney?" "Lets not give it a chance and go somewhere else". But unfortunately people like a game like that. And Texas' MK banned worked fine. At one point they had 100 people show up to an MK banned tourney. That's successful in my book. I don't remember why Xyro stopped doing it. But it seemed to be doing fine.

And Stingers MK is pretty far above average. But even so, he only uses MK in his horribly bad matchups, one of which, being MK. If MK was banned, maybe Stingers could be counterpicked and he wouldn't have a character that's uncounterable to fall back on. And Stingers beats out Foxy pretty consistently. And unless Kale and Rag have gotten better since the last time I've played them, I disagree with them being at Stingers' level. They are good, I'm not saying they aren't. But Stingers is just a level above NC. That's why we need to practice, and not just the MK matchup.

I do agree with you. I still hate MK being unbanned, but if it helps attendance I'm all for it.
I know everyone isn't going to see the things I see. But I don't understand why MK hasn't been banned already.

thats another thing, if you want people to actually have fun in the scene, un ban MK and give us some MLG practice.
I don't find it fun playing against MK. I don't find it fun being outprioritized of every single move. I don't find having all my options shut down because I'm playing against a character that's slowest move is like 11 frames.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I do think mk should be banned, but since he's not we have to deal with it.
The Rag and especially Kale being on Stingers' level was where I disagreed with snap too.

Edit: and shut up stingers, you know you love us praising you lol.

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
stockfield you nor any of nc know anything about me.. i dont beat ldpk and shady by being bad ok.. stingers is better than me but youre underestimating me

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
you need to think about the people i lose to.. only metaknights.. more specifically metaknights on norfair.. and i did almost beat rags mk on norfair game 3

metaknights and jon

Cory.

Smash Journeyman
i mean i dont underestimate you i think you have complete potential to play on the same level as stingers

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I never said you were bad Kale, I think that you are actually really good. I just dont think that you are on stingers level, atleast not yet.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
South Carolina [read - DJ] is fucking stupid

You, with the full knowledge in mind that your attendance would probably double, if not triple if you unbanned MK, still feel like being kids with a grudge? Stupid.

Good job, state. You sure know how to prove how irreverent you are.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
South Carolina [read - DJ] is fucking stupid

You, with the full knowledge in mind that your attendance would probably double, if not triple if you unbanned MK, still feel like being kids with a grudge? Stupid.

Good job, state. You sure know how to prove how irreverent you are.
Well said. This is way i like brandon, when i cant find the right words to say he says them for me.

So Snap, are you comming with your NC cars?

NOPEEE DUD. told you, no mk, no tournament. i need to practice for MLG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom