• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close this ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Bro bro bro. I will come to you man. And I will help out bro. tournament running is hard *** work. o.o

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
lol thanks vilt i'll take all the help i can get really cus to be perfectly honest i just wanna play melee and hang out i want little to do with actually running the tourny >.> i'll make it up to you by hosting an arcana heart tourny while we're there haha

and zero i figured you would cus i know you're the closest also usually if vilt goes the rest of gboro follows and i know pp is free to travel again by then so hopefully he'll make it and i'll just keep my fingers crossed for the raleigh kids

lord karn

Smash Master
I'll definitely come to these. I also support brawl or brawl+. Brawl will bring more people, but I like brawl+ more so do whatever you want.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
I actually live very close to Winston Salem when I'm not in school (i.e. On school breaks and every other weekend). I'm primarily a Brawl player but I'm trying to get into Melee.

So yeah, I'll definitely be there, probably with a Melee setup.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Im coming. :colorful:

I'll help you out Rawfuls if you need anything two. :3

Door Fee is fine and I dont care for Brawl or Brawl+ its your choice.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
Which game has the jailbait 16-year-old girls?
arcana heart

also i think i will have brawl for sure and brawl + will be dependent on interest at the tourny which brings me to my next issue i know nothing about competative brawl play so i really dont trust myself running a brawl tourny so vilt/behr/zero i could definately use help doing that

@malk you're my hero

Vilt

Smash Lord
You know what Rawfuls? You let me know when you are free to start these with some good anticipation so I can ask off for work and I will do everything. This will help me get used to running tournaments for future HERBs and other ****. I'm trying to get into SFIV and other fighting game scenes so I would love to run this **** for you.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
You know what Rawfuls? You let me know when you are free to start these with some good anticipation so I can ask off for work and I will do everything. This will help me get used to running tournaments for future HERBs and other ****. I'm trying to get into SFIV and other fighting game scenes so I would love to run this **** for you.
sounds good bro the first one will almost definately be may 16th theres very little that will change it so plan around that date and if you want im up for hosting more than just smash at this like i said it can run into sunday the 17th if it has to

Foxy

Smash Master
Y'know, you can edit the thread title if you edit the first post and change the title field, just to fix the date.

These sound actually really good! Opinions:

1. Door fee sounds good, it can be a bit hard to enforce with casuals but us smashers will follow it and it is a very good incentive to bringing a setup (especially for people like me who sometimes think "meh, I have a few setups but I don't feel like lugging them around").
2. Brawl is meh, I'm sure it would increase your attendance but I personally like tournaments like the one I had (lower attendance, like 25-30 people, for just melee) over tourneys like Billfests (lots of attendance but the place is crammed with Brawlers and it's a bit more annoying to get hyped for Melee or have a relaxing schedule).
3. Regarding what I just said, I do think that multi-day events with Melee and Brawl on seperate days would be GREAT, my main problem is just with tons of Brawl scrubs changing the Melee bros and hyped atmosphere; with different days that would be good. Definitely would get you more attendance too and make more people happy, as well as having WAY easier time constraints (we all know how hard it is to keep a Billfest on time).
4. Brawl+ I think would be awesome, it keeps getting better and better and is also a nice attraction for Melee and Brawl players. If you run a tourney on it and have two days, I would recommend holding the B+ tournament on the Melee day. However, if you don't run a full tournament, I would say that someone should come up with a small free event to hold BOTH days (as both crowds can enjoy it).
5. Winston-Salem is a bit under 2 hours from my place, so I may not make all of these but it's definitely not too far for me to try, and I will probably show up for some.
6. I have a lot of time to type because I'm sitting in Computer Science with nothing to do.
7. I know y'all like ya booze, which I have no problem with; my parents, however, would probably not show up if there was much around. Are you going to clean everything up beforehand like at Billfests (as far as I know)?

Just giving some input/heads up.

Vilt

Smash Lord
sounds good bro the first one will almost definately be may 16th theres very little that will change it so plan around that date and if you want im up for hosting more than just smash at this like i said it can run into sunday the 17th if it has to
Alright man. Imma make a thread for it later today? that cool with you? both days sounds good too.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
@ foxy - yes it will all be cleaned up beforehand because i know most of you guys are underage and i dont feel like getting in that much trouble andalso i already edited the title i just never deleted my edit note and finally i'm really leaning towards the two seperate days at this point the only thing thats stopping me is i dont know what i'd be doing during the brawl day since i dont play brawl. so most likely sunday will be brawl, brawl + (which i'll probably play) and any 2d fighter tournaments we want to have (which i'll definately play).

@vilt - go for it i'll talk to you on aim sometime to get it all figured out i'll give yout he address and stuff then too

@ plur - if you come bring cheesecake... you will be rewarded with free booze

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Well, 5/16 is far away enough to where I can say I might make an appearance, but I'd totally go to other one's whether I make this or not. All I need is a ride, until I can drive.

:)

btw Rawfulz we haven't played yet

ptown

Smash Ace
nc has wisen'ed up since the last time i seen them.
i saw a lot of wise manly character choices like falcon.
quit pickin those balloons and peach with her SLOW run and them pokemanz... that's smart.

that's real smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom