• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swift

Smash Journeyman
Hello All my Dallas/Fort Worth Smashers!

I am hosting A Melee tourny called OMG. It is going to be legit;) OMG is going to be a once a month event and I will be hosting it on a Friday night. DOH is right. We need to revive Melee. Having a once a month event like this can help us see how we rank and it will also let us see who is still playing. (Look below for the info)

SPECIFIC location Some of you have wondered if it was at my house. The answer is no. DO Not look for a house. It is at Alliance Baptist church on the second floor. Just turn into the parking lot.

DATE June 3 2011

Entry Fee Singles- $5 each Doubles- $10 per team.
(By the way if you bring a full set up I will only charge you $5 per Double team. That's $2.50 per person! That's a good deal!!!!:awesome:)

Rules Look for MBR ruleset in the melee thread if you are not familiar with the rules. Everyone will strike a stage until one is decided. First person will strike one stage, the second person strikes two stages and then you take turns striking one stage at a time from there. Everyone can wobble except for Wobbles!!!!!!!!! :)

Time Doubles start at 7 P.M Singles will start around 8:00-8:30 P.M.

Extra Stuff O.M.G is not just for Melee. OMG has a huge variety of games that people play. OMG normally lasts untill one in the morning. There will also be other tournies there as well and you also have a lot of people that just play for fun so invite your friends! Here are the Games that will be played there.

MVC 3
COD Black ops
Modern Warfare 2
Halo 3
Left for dead 2
Super Mario (old school)
Super Mario World
Duck Hunt
Mortal Kombat
Mario Party
Brawl
Project M Demo
And much more.... (That's just off the top of my head.)

Extra info If you have any questions just ask. My cell phone number is 817 913 8753

swift

Smash Journeyman
I will take you up on that challenge. My Wesker is too good. By the way if anyone wants to bring their favorite game that's not the list they can. We have pretty much all game sytems available. If a lot of people play the game that you bring we will have a tournament for it. This includes having a brawl tourny. The only thing is that I don't want to host a brawl tourny because I already am hosting a melee tourny. If anyone wants to host one speak up.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
If this doesn't coincide with a really busy weekend for me, I, and I daresay a good representation of the rest of Oklahoma, would be interested.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
we're starting up our own monthlies, too! i'm delighted to see activity in the southwest, we need to stop being the worst melee region lulz. i'll def try to come down as often as possible to support my brethren. good luck!

swift

Smash Journeyman
Have it Saturdays and Ill occasionally come to one...Provided you give me a ride to and from the airport. lol
I'm sorry I have to have it on fridays... It's because I am hosting it at my church. My apartment is wayyy too small and the church is great because of the many outlets and they already have three none HD TV's. Sorry:(

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
You guys better keep this going~ Imma be in Dallas next month (but I'll drive any reasonable distance if it means smaaash)

swift

Smash Journeyman
I would love for this thread to be about Jesus, but this is a melee tourny no tricks. If yall do want to know about Jesus let me know.

swift

Smash Journeyman
no it's not. You went to OMG yourself. Did anybody bother you? Did anybody preach to you? and what did you do when you came over? We all played melee. I really am hosting a tournament. I promise I wont kidnap anybody.

swift

Smash Journeyman
lol wow. I got trolled hard. By the way I need to help me run this tourny. This is my first time to host one. I just downloaded tio which is awesome.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
This isn't shown on the tournaments section, people might not know that this exists

swift

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking that this is the weekend before finals so you might not get a huge attendance.
I am aware of that because I have Finals myself, but if you think about it, it will be on a friday night. You still have saturday and sunday to study which I will be doing. And and sung I did not know about the tornament posting. How do I get my tourny posted?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
My professor changed our last assignment of the year to be optional. Basically, it can replace our lowest lab, and unless I just did horrible on the lab I just turned in (which I did not), then there will be no reason to do my last lab.

Anotherwords, I'll probably go.

swift

Smash Journeyman
My professor changed our last assignment of the year to be optional. Basically, it can replace our lowest lab, and unless I just did horrible on the lab I just turned in (which I did not), then there will be no reason to do my last lab.

Anotherwords, I'll probably go.
YAY :oneeye: You can bring your favorite game if you want to.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
If the tourney really starts at 8:00pm (I think it's a little late) I will probably go. I might also bring a set up. Let's see if the melee scene starts moving.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
YEAAAA LET'S DO THIS! How many people are you expecting? I think I'm bringing...3-4 people
Garbaggio Crew in the houseeeee

swift

Smash Journeyman
If the tourney really starts at 8:00pm (I think it's a little late) I will probably go. I might also bring a set up. Let's see if the melee scene starts moving.
Doubles start at seven but singles will be later. You can make it for sure to singles hopefully. and I hope the melee scene will move. I will be keeping track of the tournaments each time so that we can have a ranking system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom