• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
I think a bunch of us should get there early and just play a lot of friendlies. :cool:
I want to avoid traffic and not just stand around until people get there lol.
Anyone down for this?

swift

Smash Journeyman
I think a bunch of us should get there early and just play a lot of friendlies. :cool:
I want to avoid traffic and not just stand around until people get there lol.
Anyone down for this?
go for it man. That would save on starting the tourny on time (which probably wont happen) I will be there at five thirty to set up so don't come too early.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
dude i freaking ***** westballz. two 3-0s. freaking *****. hahaha nah but he's still better

i need u to come back, my marth mu sucks so bad :( like, i lost to hugq's marth....that is my weakness right now..

also i expect to see you do well this tourney :) good to see texas having tournies.

swift

Smash Journeyman
I"m bringing it old school.

Marvel vs Capcom 1/2
Capcom vs SNK2
Guilty Gear AC
Third Strike
I'm bringing back old school too. No one can touch me in mortal kombat and street fighter 2. By the way bring your friends! OMG is not just for smash.

swift

Smash Journeyman
Okay! Time for the results.

Doubles
1. Doh + Swift ($21.00)
2. WMD Team ($10.00)
3. Sung team ($5.00)
4. Lk Team
5. Jbob Team
6. JWU Team

Singles
1. Sung ($54.00)
2. Doh ($27.00)
3. Swift (10.00)
4. Laser Kirby
5. LG
5. Red Shadow
7. Binthewizard
7. Denthorn
9. WMD
9. Penguin
9. Rex
9. B91
13. JWU
13. Problemo
13. Jbob
13. Thoraxe
17. Scuba Steve
17. Ian
17. Waterfishy

That was a good turn out despite the people that couldn't make it. This proves that the DFW Melee scene is Not Dead!

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
lol dead last :c

I had a lot of fun though and I'm definitely looking forward to this is the future.
Also why did Thoraxe tie 13th? I believe he didn't win any sets either lol. Just curious as to how this all works.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Since the bracket isn't perfectly even (ex 16 people) this makes it so that some people get byes (which counts as a win)

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Thanks for hosting Swift! It was probably the most fun in a tourney I've ever had, bunch of diff games and so much hype!

Shoutouts

Doubles
I teamed with Jwu, so me+Jwu was one team and Team Jwu was actually Team SK Electric which was B91 and ScubaSteve

2. Doh - Ggs, turnip to N air ***** me cause I try and recover with firebird too high good lesson. Sometimes your D smashes are predictable and you tech roll to the center of the stage a lot. You have good F airs
3. Swift - Man I just can't figure you out at all for some reason. I guess you also tech roll away from the edge in pressure sometimes but for the most part I was just trying to beat you with spaced aerials :/
4. Laser Kirby - Whenever I knock you off and you're recovering like...I'll be short hopping and waiting by the edge so there's pressure and you always air dodge back into the stage. But yea I noticed you were having technical problems
5. LG - Omg you are freakin legendary. I loooove your commentary so godlike. Also bringin hype to bomberman legitttt. Single handidly took out 3 of my guys solid Mario.
5. Red Shadow - Congrats getting fifth! And you said you didn't wanna join :bee: Gj those shine spikes ***** the wizard
7. Binthewizard - Hey uhhh, did you win?
7. Denthorn - Good falcon, too many D airs out of shield at bad times, your tech skill and everything is there just gotta apply em better
9. WMD
9. Penguin
9. Rex
9. B91 - Can't lose your lead so easily, don't keep illusioning onto the stage gotta mix it up
13. JWU - Bracket was dumb, but gotta SPACE those aerials all game long
13. Problemo
13. Jbob - Beautiful Doc, the most individual doc of all time
13. Thoraxe
17. Scuba Steve - Gotta get that MAIN
17. Ian
17. Waterfishy

Ggs to people I don't know the names to
FANCY CREW vs GARBAGGIO CREW that is gunna be epic
//edit// can you upload brackets?

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Hey swift, I think you might want to check the placings for teams. Unless I have a terrible bad amnesia, I swear I earned five dollars from the teams tourney. I'm guessing my team's name should have been LK team. :S I think i'll post shoutouts later when i'm done with finals.

swift

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!!!!!
I just want to say I love playing with you guys. I just want yall to know that its not all about winning the prize money. I just simply love playing the game and learning more which I did at this tourny.

Doh- You are awesome and a great competitive player. You punish me for my mistakes really well. You will be missed. I hope you have a good time in DC.
Sung- wow you are amazing and you inspired me to get better tech skill. you showed me that my L cancel is sucky. I look forward in playing you again.
Dentorn- you have a great Falcon. I thought you had me on the second match. Your just a bit too aggressive which I took advantage of but you put up a good challenge.
Thoraxe- You are brave to play a mid tier in the tourny. your luigi is good. It was fun playing you.
Red Shadow- You have sooooo much potential. you were out moving me but you made too many mistakes. You are a great player.
Neobatou- Your a cool guy to hang around. I had fun just talking with you.
Problem- I can see how you just like to play the game. We need more people like you.
For anybody else that I didn't mention I had fun hanging out at Ihop with yall. It was fun watching Ian trying to get soda.

D

Deleted member

get rocked by someone who isn't even ranked in socal

swift

Smash Journeyman
The tourny video's are up on youtube! By the way the next OMG is on June 3rd so keep looking at this thread. It will still be relevant.

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
with such a unique name like OMG, we're bound to find those vids in no time!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys, remember to check The Internet for info regarding future OMGs.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I had A TON OF FUN at this tournament, even though I dont' play melee competitvely anymore, I still can play pretty good, just gotta get the brawl out of my system and get some warm ups lol

Whoever was playing me in MVC3, your arthur/doctor doom is beast :D

I might return to the next one...but on June 4th I have a regionals tournament for yugioh to attend to so it'll depend on what happens in the passing weeks.

But that bomberman tournament, oh man that was HYYPE :D We need to do that again.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I was thinking. I want to recruit 3 decent to good Mario bros players to do a team run through New Super Mario Bros. The game is fun, but I get bored of carrying people. :p (If I can't find anybody, I don't mind watching others play)

I definitely want to come to the next one. Next time, I'm going to get in my warm up first.

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
It would be my first tourny but i've been playing for a few years now and this is super close to where I live( North Richland Hills) so if it's still june 3rd i'll be there.

swift

Smash Journeyman
It would be my first tourny but i've been playing for a few years now and this is super close to where I live( North Richland Hills) so if it's still june 3rd i'll be there.
Yeah it will definitely be on June 3rd. :) I will actually have my double team partner on that date as well.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Oh, june 3rd? I won't be able to go :( I'll be in PR until the 5th of june. I'm finally done with finals so here are some shoutouts from the tourney:

1. Sung: dang, that's a fast falco. I did have technical problems but I'm sure you would have still beaten me. Part of my bad performance was due to the pressure.
2. Doh: I hate peach ditto so much I decided to change to falco in the last game only to do way worse. Anyway, your peach's pretty solid. I sure learned some things for peach ditto in the future.
3. Swift: I wish I could have played against you in singles. Anyway, I enjoyed the teams finals a lot, even though we lost. Great job organizing the tourny.
5. Red Shadow: Man you got 5th place that's pretty darn good if you ask me. Keep it up, I think you have potential.
13. Problemo: I didn't get to play against you either ha, that's ok, we might be able to play some games later.
And umm... I don't remember the name of my partner in teams. Anyway, great job choosing the stage counter for me haha, rainbow cruise was a great counter at the loser finals.

That's about it. I hope to see you guys on july then.

swift

Smash Journeyman
Lazer Kirby Your double team partner is WMD (weapons of Mass Destruction) By the way if you guys have any suggestions on a secondary tourny like we did with Bomberman let me know. I was thinking about Doubles Mario Tenis. Whatever the secoundary tourny is there will be FREE GIFT CARDS! :)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
.....so guys, do yall not have a bracket? D:

also, just a suggestion, it might be a good idea to put tournament dates, and the red melee tag, on the title. :)

swift

Smash Journeyman
.....so guys, do yall not have a bracket? D:

also, just a suggestion, it might be a good idea to put tournament dates, and the red melee tag, on the title. :)

....I'm sorry I did not save the bracket for the tourny :urg: I can tell you in detail of what happened if you like and I don't know how to make the red melee tag. I made this thread on the Rebecca black day (which I regret) which messed up my settings.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
maybe you could make a new thread? since it wasn't originally a tourney thread, you can't put the red melee thing on there yourself. without it, I can't tell it apart from brawl threads.

also, can you put the date of the next tournament on the title? that would be cool.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
if you try to edit the OP, then choose "go advanced", i think there's an option to choose a prefix, and just pick melee.

as for putting the date, ya in go advanced u can change the title as well.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately I will be in at a wedding in Houston on the 3rd, but yes Oklahoma is interested in attending these monthlies. (Me and Zinth at least) So please keep them going! Also pop up to the Oklahoma Monthlies every now and then, its not even a 3 hour drive to norman!.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Hey, I have played Super Smash Brothers: Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube. I may join if I can remember in time. Good stuff swift for hosting. I may catch fire entering a church but it's worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom