• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Ganondorf or Sword Ganondorf?

Tacel

Smash Lord
Clone Ganondorf (Captain Falcon's moveset)
or
Ganondorf with his sword?

Which one would you rather play as?

(This is a "Which one would you want to play as?" thread.
Don't turn it into a "Why doesn't Ganondorf has his sword as a weapon?" thread.)

bleyva

Smash Ace
ganondorf uses his twin blades from wind waker with a few attacks borrowed from the CF moveset.

PIMP

n88

Smash Lord
Do you know how many people complain, rightfully, that Sakurai put tripping in the game? Well, there are just as many who complain that Ganondorf has a sword. NOBODY LIKES GANONDORF BEING A CLONE OF CAPTAIN FALCON

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'd rather play a Viable Ganondorf than a gimmicky and slow as **** one with a sword.

But both and you got me.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I'd imagine how many more people would use Ganondorf if he was equipped with sword(s) (wind waker version) or twilight version (which is 1)

I doubt many people even like clones, but made slower/more powever etc.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
i think that gannon would be better with a sword, even in melee when he didn't suck
granted, i think a trident would be cooler, that was more of his defining weapon, not even mentioning the fact that that wouldn't add another sword character to the game

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Sword for anyother reason that I hate clones, there are way too many of them, like the creators are super lazy or something.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't consider him a clone.
He's hardly like CF at all. And he's a powerhouse, he doesn't need weapons. You're all women and don't even use Ganondorf in the first place and you're bad and you should feel bad.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
He's hardly like CF at all. And he's a powerhouse, he doesn't need weapons. You're all women and don't even use Ganondorf in the first place and you're bad and you should feel bad.
Yes he's not a clone in the sense that he's "slower, more powerful, heavier and looks different" but that's not what makes him a clone, his moveset is way to similar to Falcon, to be considered an original character. Now I am specifically reffering to his Melee form, perhaps for Brawl they individualized him a bit, but even so, he still has a clone background and still even in brawl has clone moves, lots of them.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
what is Gannon's nB base off of, in Zelda when he goes ROOOOOAAAAWWWW! and uses the "Gannon Punch"?
most of their moves are about the same

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You don't quite understand.
That was me trolling.

Define clone, by the way.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
You don't quite understand.
That was me trolling.

Define clone, by the way.
oh, ok about the just trolling
but a clone has a near identical moveset, and with CF and Gannon, that is it
i say having all same special moves and sharing FS makes a character a clone, too
yeah, the Star Fox Triple Fuc* (Falco and Wolf are good, but still)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Their moves have different properties, they just look the same. Same with Melee Mario and Doc.

Still. You're wayyy too opinionated.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Doesn't Ganondorf have a jablock with the melee weapons?

LOL 60% combos-at-any-%.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Just to straighten things out, here is a list of Clone's and who they are clone's of and btw I consider someone a clone when at least 4 of their moves are the same or variations of other characters.
I mean characters only have like "not counting arial" 7 or 8 moves, thats about half.

Dr. Mario - 100% Direct Clone of Mario, biggest clone ever.
Falco - Clone of Fox - less of a clone in Melee, but still clone
Ganondorf - Clone of Captain Falcon, not much less in Melee
Young Link - Clone of Link
Pichu - Clone of Pikachu
Roy - Clone of Marth
Toon Link - Clone of Link (can you believe they actually made another clone)
Wolf - Clone of Fox (again? cmon a triplicate is just stupid.)
Lucas - Clone of Ness

Point of refference time, what makes someone not a clone, Ike is not a clone, because even though some of his moves are like Marth's not enough of them are similar making him his own character.

Tally of clones?
9, 9 wasted character movesets, that could otherwise have been made much cooler, or in the cases of Dr. Mario and Pichu, could have been used for better characters.

Just a little sidenote here, out of the 10 characters in the original Smash Bros, 6 of them as you can see had clones made of them.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Just to straighten things out, here is a list of Clone's and who they are clone's of and btw I consider someone a clone when at least 4 of their moves are the same or variations of other characters.
I mean characters only have like "not counting arial" 7 or 8 moves, thats about half.

Pichu - Clone of Pikachu
Roy - Clone of Marth
Lucas - Clone of Ness

Point of refference time, what makes someone not a clone, Ike is not a clone, because even though some of his moves are like Marth's not enough of them are similar making him his own character.

Tally of clones?
9, 9 wasted character movesets, that could otherwise have been made much cooler, or in the cases of Dr. Mario and Pichu, could have been used for better characters.

Just a little sidenote here, out of the 10 characters in the original Smash Bros, 6 of them as you can see had clones made of them.
I call the triple clone the Star Fox Triple Fuc*
lol

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Dr. Mario and Mario were different in more ways than you know. Seriously. Although it's cute you try to list clones.

And you're seriously trying to make me believe Lucas is a clone of Ness?
lololololol.

And Wolf is completely original, he's in no way a clone.

10idiots.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario and Mario were different in more ways than you know. Seriously. Although it's cute you try to list clones.

And you're seriously trying to make me believe Lucas is a clone of Ness?
lololololol.

And Wolf is completely original, he's in no way a clone.

10idiots.
uh, let me see
Wolf has reflector? check, gun? check, illusion move? check, up attack that you aim then quickly go that direction? check
Tank for FS? check
and Dr. Mario's trophy in melee says something along the lines of "Dr. Mario and Mario are about the same, so the choice is mainly by taste"
duh Straked

kr3wman

Smash Master
The term Spacies is like shotos of street fighter.

Same special, yet work differently and different moveset/hitbox/properties etc.

Not clones :/ Pichu/Y.Link/Dr.Mario were totally clones tho.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Tally of clones?

First of all, there are 12 characters in the original Smash Bros....

Anyway, don't think of it as 9 wasted movesets - think of it as 9 "bonus" characters who would never have made it into the game because there's not enough development resources to make 9 additional characters, or at least the game would have spent a lot more time in development.
(Actually, more accurately it's not 9 bonus characters but more like 7 bonus characters, since it still takes development resources to create clones.)

To answer the question, to me the sheer coolness factor of having Ganondorf with sword destroys the current version (though it's not like the series needs another swordsman). Maybe Brawl Ganon should have been a clone of Ike instead.

Lol, that'd piss off his fans.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't think anyone would say cloned Ganon at this point.

PHiL Gee

Smash Cadet
I loved Ganondorf in Melee. Id rather have him a "clone"
But if they made a Toon Ganon with 2 swords... I would of had to go take a dump when it said "New Challenger Aproaching" and I saw an outline of this giant man with 2 swords.

PHiL Gee

Smash Cadet

Pichu - Clone of Pikachu
Roy - Clone of Marth
Lucas - Clone of Ness

Tally of clones?

What the hell????

Ganondorf was different then CF in alot of ways.

Young Link is the faster but weaker Link, not a clone. Hes a character for people who take speed over strenght

Wolf a clone? He may have similar special moves but they are all different. The illusion side B thing goes perpendicular(in a way), his reflector is not as good and as cool as fox's, his blaster is stronger, makes them flinch but less range and his moves aerials and ground attacks are not even close to being the same.

Lucas is NOT a clone of Ness. Hes totally different! I cant believe you decided to post - Lucas- Clone of ness.

Toon Link is way different from Link. His bomb is more like ninja smoke, arrows are bigger, he jumps higher, runs faster, boomerang is nowhere near Link's boomerang, He doesnt use kicks, he does less damage. If anything hes the Young Link of Brawl but not a clone of anyone.

Lol. Ike's moves are not even similar to Marth except Counter, but even that is different!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Ya I would want ganondorf to have his own move set being the major villain in the LoZ series he deserves one.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
I said Ike was different from Marth didn't I? And I don't disagree that Wofl and Lucas and those guysare different, I love Lucas, but I'd prefer it if they didn't have more than one move copied from the other characters especially final smashes, that is where they become clones, and no variation like a pill instead of fire, or a side swipe across (fox/falco) instead of a sideswipe diagnoally (wolf) really changes the fact that it is the same move.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Ganondorf has been in so many Zelda games, that he deserves to have his own moveset.
Making Ganondorf a clone is like making Zelda a clone.

I would play as Ganondorf if he had his sword(s).

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
They are (in your words) clones just because they come from the same game?
Except in Lucas and Ness's case, but you know what I mean
No, Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon because his moveset is "BASED" off oh Falcon's. BASED.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Well, he would be terrible either way. But in terms of who would be more fun to play with, Sword Ganondorf fo' sho'.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I believe that a clone is a character that goes with a very similar strategy not a moveset...Captain falcon focuses on chasing his opponent down with aggression ...sending them into the air/ offstage,and then ****** them ...while ganon...because of his speed and jump height ...is going to have to figure out how to stay close to his opponent and punish any bad move the opponent makes while being at risk of being punished if you are wrong...

In other words...

If you tried playing Ganon the same way as Falcon you will get *****...

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Ok let's go back on topic then, Sword Ganondorf is a much better choice, I mean it's silly that they would even use his sword as a taunt if there isn't one move that attacks with it.

Top Bottom